Variety Of Sound Thrillseeker: Bootsy and Patrick's new beast

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not too obvious? I think you didnt test it correctly cause it f**ked up my drums really nicely here!

zeep wrote:i could get close to a sweet setting but Thrillseeker lacks a certain uumph and glueing of bass. In the release stage Thrillseeker doesn't pull enough.
Don't know about you, but I got plenty of uumph... care to upload dry and wet sample of dry bass and the Duende's "uumph" one ?
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

This plugin is for sure really warm, but i don't know... It's really lacks a Treshold button. :shrug: I want to get a higher compression.

Igro wrote:This plugin is for sure really warm, but i don't know... It's really lacks a Treshold button. :shrug: I want to get a higher compression.
use a trim plugin before it.

Igro wrote:This plugin is for sure really warm, but i don't know... It's really lacks a Treshold button. :shrug: I want to get a higher compression.
Flip the Mix-Level switch to -18db

Bronto Scorpio wrote:
gemada wrote:The GUI won't open in Cubase LE 6.0.2 under my windows XP SP2 32 bit laptop :(
Anyone experiencing this problem?
Thanks
This happens from time to time with Synthmaker plugins here too. It will work fine after a restart of your PC. It also helps to stop and restart the hardware acceleration of you graphics card iirc.

Cheers
Dennis
Hi Dennis,
Thanks a lot for your help.
Meanwhile, I've update cubase to version 6.0.4 and it's fixed :)
Cheers

Lenticular wrote:
thanx, will check!

Lenticular wrote:
Yep, that switch gives you 18dB more "threshold". :)

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

The audio example posted a few pages back, you can really hear the difference in the snare. Very nice. That is strange, no adjustable threshold. Why is that Bootsie?

This is Amazing Character Comp for many Things...Thanx Bootsie!!!

Wow, this really does the low end unlike many others. Very sexy.. ;)

Thanks for giving away another masterpiece.

osiris wrote:That is strange, no adjustable threshold. Why is that Bootsie?
google LA2A

First of all thanks Bootsy for your generosity :)

On the new compressor...maybe i'm deaf but...Am I the only one who think that Density (first version not MKII) is still the best Bootsy compressor? :shrug:

i tried this new compressor a lot today but i think, a part from the nice character, that its "audio quality" is inferior to precedent Bootsy's creations ...i'll try to explain better what i mean: compared to Density, old and MKII, it tends to constrain the stereo image when pushed a bit (7-8 dB GR) ...also the transients become...uhmm..."clicky"...

Again, try to listen to what Density (old version) does on the sub bass frequency: simply awesome. No others plugin compressors i have (and i have really a few, free and not), including Density MKII and the new Thrillseeker, do that magic. Pure Magic. It's a shame it's discontinued in my humble opinion

(Fortunately I have a lot of backup copies on my various online file storage providers :D )

It's just different, that's all. There's no need for bootsie to replace density or density mk2. :)

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

This is just the thing I was needing on a mix today. I put this on the lead Vox after the DL and now the mix is done (at least until I hear it again tomorrow morning).

Sounds Great and it complements the DensityII so well. They are two very different things.

Oh, and the -18db trick is AWESOME!!
Never use adequate force when excessive force is available.

Return to “Effects”