Can someone recreate this sound?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Long story short, I am very stuck between buying Zebra 2 vs a Virus TI Snow. This is NOT a war of software or hardware. I do not want to keep thinking of what I want to buy since I just want to make music already.

If someone on this thread can create this synth sound (the main one in ths back):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK9N-Xh32eE

I will buy Zebra 2 in a heartbeat and will not look back on it. I ask to recreate that synth because It was recreated with a Virus TI Polar. If the Zebra 2 can recreate this sound, I will surely buy Zebra 2 as soon as I hear it.

I beg of someone to recreate this synth on the Zebra 2 since that is the type of sounds I am going for. I truly do not want to drop 1k on a Virus, but I will go at lengths to get the sound I am looking for. Thank you for your time guys, and thank you even more for the person who takes up this genuine challenge to recreate this synth. Thank you.

Btw, the chords in that song is an F minor, and then the second is an F Minor with a C# Base on the left. That is the basic progression.

Don't have zebra, but it sounds like two saw waves with a ramp LFO on a lowpass with a kind of fast rate
I run a netlabel http://oligopolistrecords.bandcamp.com
Free chill, hip-hop, lo-fi, ambient, experimental, for you! (Send me demos too!)

I won't try, but hope I can make a few useful suggestions anyway -

It's way back in the mix, thin with a lot of washy, spacey effect, and that effect evolves. Details are tough to pick out, really I think this kind of sound works because stuff with more detail fades in and out of it. Hearing the sound in solo could be pretty shockingly different.

I won't swear on it but I get the impression it's a pad and a lot of send FX. I'd suggest starting with something like HS Desolation (in 'fillers' in the factory bank) in Zebra, for this particular sound maybe crank the vibrato, and send the output to a number of deep, spacey send FX chains. With multiple tracks in the mix, riding the send knobs keeps things evolving and the details from multiple tracks blend together.

If I'm on the right track, I gather a Virus wouldn't be any better off.

Return to “u-he”