"Red Tricycle" (Toybox DnB)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all.

My new track is somewhere in the realm of Drum n Bass. A playful track for sure. Reminds me of being on the playground with kids when I was little...or...that one time I rode my red tricycle down a hill at top speed. Was a great experience until I reached the curve in the road at the bottom of the hill. But hey, I'm still here, and more importantly, I'm making music ;)

So here it is;

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51101674/Majest ... icycle.mp3

Or on SoundCloud;

http://soundcloud.com/majesticspacecath ... d-tricycle

Thanks! :harp:

Oh, and if you like (and feel like being supportive, "like" my facebook page)

This is much better played at a decently loud volume. First time through I had the volume too low and didn't catch most of it. I love the bass and percussion, but it is the background sounds that makes this so enjoyable, I think.

Nice work Steven :)

seismic1 wrote:This is much better played at a decently loud volume. First time through I had the volume too low and didn't catch most of it. I love the bass and percussion, but it is the background sounds that makes this so enjoyable, I think.

Nice work Steven :)
This is my first go mixing on a new set of speakers... I finally replaced my old ones. The new ones sound really good, but I noticed that after mixing on them the track sounded more quiet (or flat?) than normal when I listened with my headset. I tried to balance it out between the two, but it sounds like from what you are saying, the mix is still a little quiet. Hmm... I'm so used to the way my old setup was I think I'm gonna have to train my ears a little.

Thanks for the input and the listen :)

Fabulous groove and the sparkly synth adds a nice slightly mysterious vibe to it. The field recordings definitely work some magic into the piece. It's a weird effect on the children's voices... almost like a reverse reverb. My own instinct would have been to give them more depth, but I think the way you've approached it is pretty cool. Nice work Steven!

btw, not sure where you're getting D'n'B off this, unless it's a sub type that I'm not aware of... a distinct possibility.
Image Image

polyslax wrote:Fabulous groove and the sparkly synth adds a nice slightly mysterious vibe to it. The field recordings definitely work some magic into the piece. It's a weird effect on the children's voices... almost like a reverse reverb. My own instinct would have been to give them more depth, but I think the way you've approached it is pretty cool. Nice work Steven!

btw, not sure where you're getting D'n'B off this, unless it's a sub type that I'm not aware of... a distinct possibility.
Yeah, not the mainstream D'n'B. Nor the very intelligent deep stuff I have heard you do. I dunno... I guess I said DnB because the beat is broken and it has some kind of timing thing going on that is reminiscent of that sound. Maybe I'm off the mark here. Really I was just trying to classify a beat that just "came into being" (with no real planning).

When you say you would have given it more depth, to what are you reffering? The child voices? I appreciate your input :)

Valhalla room is on the short list.

Thanks for listening!

Nice! DnB, kinda. reminds me more of less intense, Minimal. Think, a happy Plasikman. Great work!

PaleBlueDot wrote:When you say you would have given it more depth, to what are you reffering?
Yes. I probably would have soaked them in some reverb.
Image Image

polyslax wrote:
PaleBlueDot wrote:When you say you would have given it more depth, to what are you reffering?
Yes. I probably would have soaked them in some reverb.
Thanks for the input. :)

has a kind of disorientating background to the more upfront groove, interesting. Like the toybox synth lines. Cool.

Return to “Music Cafe”