direct connection to PC

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I am new to the iPad, and in particular to iPad and music, so please forgive me, if I ask something obvious, or something discussed before...

I am wondering, whether there is any way to connect an iPad directly to my DAW(PC). So far I only found these possibilities:

1) wireless solution using MIDIrtp on the PC, but the timing is lousy.

2) using iRig MIDI or MIDIMobilizer, etc. , but then I must connect to my MIDI interface, rather to the PC directly.

3) iConnectMIDI, which seems to be very expensive.

I wonder whether it is possible at all to route MIDI data directly to the USB connection, which is used to synchronise via iTunes? Would it, in principle, be possible to write the corresponding drivers for both iPad and MAC OS or Windows?

If so, is anybody working on that, or would anybody be interested in working on that?

Cheers,
Martin

martin_l wrote: 1) wireless solution using MIDIrtp on the PC, but the timing is lousy.
Are you using a wireless router?
You need direct connection if you wan't good timing.
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

mkdr wrote:
martin_l wrote: 1) wireless solution using MIDIrtp on the PC, but the timing is lousy.
Are you using a wireless router?
You need direct connection if you wan't good timing.
Thanks for the tip. I can try that with my MacBook. Unfortunately, my main DAW does not have wireless on board. Do you think that a USB wireless interface will be good enough?

Cheers,
Martin

Do you have a solution?
Studio One 6, Waveform Pro 11, Acid Pro 10, NI, Pigments 4

Hi
Thanks for the solution. I was also facing same
Thanks

My solution: Buy a UAD Volt 2, connect iOS device, cable in the Volt 2 IO to my primary audio interface and the MIDI to my MIDI interface.

Done. Finally. Low latency. Use it as an outboard synth or FX, etc.

A flawless, expensive solution.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”