TB ReelBus - thoughts?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB ReelBus v3

Just saw this was released:

http://www.toneboosters.com/tb-reelbus/

Curious about peoples thoughts. He already has Ferox.

have not checked it out yet, but looking at the gui, the first and most obvious question would be
NO OVERSAMPLING for reduced ALIASING???

thought i'd get it out of the way before normal discussion began :D

but in all seriousness, NO OVERSAMPLING??

sunny_j wrote:but looking at the gui, the first and most obvious question would be
NO OVERSAMPLING for reduced ALIASING???
dont you mean "NO SWITCH FOR OVERSAMPLING for reduced ALIASING ON THE GUI"

In reality, the absence of a control for chaning oversampling does not mean that no oversampling occurs in the code. Ask, dont assume.

Just trying the demo, I'm really curious ... Waiting for the Slate Digital effort here too, but maybe this will be even more awesome :)
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

so, in a way, this is more like their answer to UA's Ampex... a bus & master mix tape sim? as opposed to their previous Ferox plug-in which is a more single channel tape sim (like the UA Studer)?

At first I was baffled, wondering why they'd pull the rug out from their own, previous tape sim plug.

going on this his work in the past, particularly barricade and ferox...his tools have to be the biggest bundle of no brainers since no brainers began :D . Looking forward to trying this one out.
Last edited by glasgene on Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, I have to chime in here and say the community really needs to support Toneboosters. If you haven't tried these plugs you really should. They are excellent.

I have the EBU Loudness meters (about $15) and these are nearly identical to those of several other companies charging more than $500 for theirs. I like these other companies and have bought some of their plugs, but this was truly a no-brainer purchase for me.

Reelbus definately has oversampling. But you cannot switch it off because of the incorporated simulation of tape bias signals. These signals are in the 100khz range and thus oversampling is always enabled internally, obviously by analog oversampling filter designs.

+1 TB plugins are excpetional quality for an exceptional price

Cant wait to try this one

:shock: :D :shock:

+1 ToneBoosters

Starting with the 'Reel Master' preset on the 2-buss & getting nice results.

Instant purchase, the price is definitely April fools joke, but a nice one!
djeroen wrote:Reelbus definately has oversampling. But you cannot switch it off because of the incorporated simulation of tape bias signals. These signals are in the 100khz range and thus oversampling is always enabled internally, obviously by analog oversampling filter designs.
Do you mean IIR filters? What about phase shift? In fact I compared how ReelBus nulls with original and some real tapes (there's a thread on GS with a bunch of examples) and it seems like real tapes null a tad deeper, maybe FIR oversampling is more faithful for analog process :) -- as there's no such a phase shift in analog.
But anayway, this sounds really deep!

I purchased it too! A real no-brainer this one! The price is ridiculous :) Everybody should grab it now!!! It sounds cool, and has a nice amount of options to tweak the sound from different models to parameters of the saturation. I have to try it more to say my final verdict but so far it is definitely useful addition to my virtual toolbox. One thing has been bugging me for a while, the 'analog' noise in these plug-ins sound strange to me. It sounds more like synthetic white noise in all the plug-ins I have like Waves Kramer for example. It doesn't have the wooly warmness and subtleness of real analog tape noise. To be honest, I think analog noise is actually really difficult to model.

Either I'm deaf, or this thing does something REALLY nice to my audio :o

But drive it too hot, and it sounds like a KVETCH (IMO)
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Oh, I forgot to stay, the Auto level make up on this thing is awesome, it actually works! In many plug-ins it doesn't work properly, the gains are still not the same but this one is really good

Tp3 wrote:Either I'm deaf, or this thing does something REALLY nice to my audio :o
We both must be deaf co i'm gettin the same result!
My PayPal is on AutoPay when it comes to JB's Gear! :D
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Return to “Effects”