MauSynth VSTi official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MauSynth

bailees7irish wrote:i like this synth a lot. it just takes a long time to load in FL Studio 10
Not anymore. Update available on website.

I used to do a lot of calculations when starting the synth, but now I just load the pre-calculated data from file.

The root cause of the dll renaming issue is that I have the dll name hardcoded when trying to load pre-calculated data and presets from the dll. So, please don't rename the dll file ever.

Regarding the issues some of you have seen with preset 02. I assume it's just because of heavy CPU usage (the patch has 3 voices in unison and long release time -> it's a real CPU hog). But I'll test it with Asio4All just in case.

rod_zero wrote:It looks like circle like faw but more ugly
:) anyone is free to create better skins. The current background graphics are available in http://rinki.net/pekka/mausynthbeta/mausynth.svg

Create a 900x480 bitmap (based on existing control layout) and I'll make a custom MauSynth build for you.

I can't believe that there are people complaining about the GUI. To me it's one of the very best I've seen in a virtual synth. Seriously, I think that it looks lovely (I like WP7's Metro aesthetics very much too :) ).

mr.bungle wrote:
bailees7irish wrote:i like this synth a lot. it just takes a long time to load in FL Studio 10
Not anymore. Update available on website.

I used to do a lot of calculations when starting the synth, but now I just load the pre-calculated data from file.

The root cause of the dll renaming issue is that I have the dll name hardcoded when trying to load pre-calculated data and presets from the dll. So, please don't rename the dll file ever.

Regarding the issues some of you have seen with preset 02. I assume it's just because of heavy CPU usage (the patch has 3 voices in unison and long release time -> it's a real CPU hog). But I'll test it with Asio4All just in case.
well i downloaded the update yesterday evening and tested it before i posted the above quote, so i'm not sure why it still takes a bit to load on my machine. it's not like it's a full minute or anything, just a noticable load-time compared to most other plugs. i can live with it, for sure, if this is the best load-time it's gonna get :)

thanks for the synth and the update, all the same. fantastic sounds in this beauty
[Insert Signature Here]

may i make on request? as for the preset menu: could there be a drop-down menu added so that all of the presets be shown at once? and the ability to save presets/banks right from the GUI? that would make this synth super-sweet, and perhaps one of my top 5 free VSTi :o

thanks in advance!
[Insert Signature Here]

last thing, for now:
it seems after playing it for a few minutes, Mausynth's sound output goes silent. usually around the 3-5 minute mark
[Insert Signature Here]

Hey man. Good work. Working pretty nicely on latest FL. However, it doesn't response on my midikeyboard pitchbend at all? It's not that high on cpu, but I wouldn't mind, if you could lower the cpu usage. I have couple feature request. Double click knobs = reset them to the default ( 0 - zero ) value. Every good synth has this feature! And then, mousewheel support, but please, do this the way that it doesn't steal keyboard focus from host (FL Studio, studio one etc). Synth is sounding really nice. Good work man! :)

Edit. Maybe also make knobs little bigger. They are kinda small currently.

keel wrote:Hey man. Good work. Working pretty nicely on latest FL. However, it doesn't response on my midikeyboard pitchbend at all? It's not that high on cpu, but I wouldn't mind, if you could lower the cpu usage. I have couple feature request. Double click knobs = reset them to the default ( 0 - zero ) value. Every good synth has this feature! And then, mousewheel support, but please, do this the way that it doesn't steal keyboard focus from host (FL Studio, studio one etc). Synth is sounding really nice. Good work man! :)

so i guess i'm the only one with FL having any problems, huh? :?
[Insert Signature Here]

bailees7irish wrote:so i guess i'm the only one with FL having any problems, huh? :?
Try downloading the dll again. I've updated the MauSynth_BETA_RC1.dll now 3 times after the BETA RC1 release. It should fix the startup time problem, and maybe the problem of plugin getting silent (though it should've happened only when switching presets).
Last edited by mr.bungle on Sat May 12, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bailees7irish wrote:so i guess i'm the only one with FL having any problems, huh? :?
So far, zero problems on me :o Do you have "aling tick lengths" ticked on audio options? I read somewhere that when it is enabled, it handle vst plugin more same way how cubase do it. After I turned that on, my problems with FL&plugins are significantly decreased.

keel wrote:Hey man. Good work. Working pretty nicely on latest FL. However, it doesn't response on my midikeyboard pitchbend at all? It's not that high on cpu, but I wouldn't mind, if you could lower the cpu usage. I have couple feature request. Double click knobs = reset them to the default ( 0 - zero ) value. Every good synth has this feature! And then, mousewheel support, but please, do this the way that it doesn't steal keyboard focus from host (FL Studio, studio one etc). Synth is sounding really nice. Good work man! :)

Thanks for the comments. The pitch bend should work, at least it works with my Prophet 08 keyboard. But I'll see if I can spot any problems there.

Double click knobs sounds like a good feature, I'll do it.

I'll check if I can improve the CPU usage by using some SSE magic, but that's not going to happen very soon. I'll do the first official release first.

bailees7irish wrote:may i make on request? as for the preset menu: could there be a drop-down menu added so that all of the presets be shown at once? and the ability to save presets/banks right from the GUI? that would make this synth super-sweet, and perhaps one of my top 5 free VSTi :o

thanks in advance!
Yep, this is a must feature. I will do it asap.

mr.bungle wrote: Double click knobs sounds like a good feature, I'll do it.
Oh, thanks man! I appreciate it! BIG THANKS! :)
mr.bungle wrote:I'll check if I can improve the CPU usage by using some SSE magic, but that's not going to happen very soon. I'll do the first official release first.
Yeah, don't worry this now. It is okay for now. Only the longer release times eat more cpu, but many synth do this. Everything on time!

After playing couple hours with this little synth now, the more I tweak those knobs, the more I want bigger knobs. :( They are so tiny. Make them about 50% bigger or something.

Uhm. There is mousewheel support? :oops: I tried to use mousewheel, but none of the knobs didn't move :shock: Now, I go to the "user 37 preset" and suddenly the mousewheel working. wtf, lol. Anyway, I have bad news. Your mousewheel handling do just that what I hate. It steal keyboard focus, aks space button. Once you tune your knobs via mousewheel, your space button don't work anymore. You need to click some FL Studio native part of gui to free it up. So, can you, Pekka, try to fix it? Please? Keep the mousewheel support, but fix for that space button stealing? Thanks.

Edit. Now I lost the mousewheel support again? :shock: There must be a bug in mousewheel handling. It is totally gone again. hmm..

Edit2. There is some bugs in "user presets" too. Some of them are totally silenced, even if I raise volume, there is just pure silence. Also, If I set up voices to the 13, the unison is either 1 or 13? Same thing in if voices are 7 and so on. Is this bug? Or does this have something to do with "equal numbers"? :o

there's still the tiniest of lags when loading, but - definitely nothing to get me worked up over! as for the problem of the sound cutting out after a few minutes: it's no longer doing that!

excellent work, mr. bungle!!! wonderful synth! thank you so much! this baby sounds better than a lot of the payware out there :shock: i look forward to any new creations you may come out with! :D
[Insert Signature Here]

Return to “Instruments”