Reason 6.5 - Any new workflow features, or just RE?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Crackbaby wrote:I just bought Retouche's MaschineR so i can control Reason with my Maschine .. works pretty cool :) It certainly makes Reason a hell of a lot more fun to use :D (You need loopbe30, and that cost 16€ - IF you use reason in 64 bit, otherwise midiyoke works (and i think it's free?))
A guy from Retouche replied to me and said that they're working on making sure it's compatible with 6.5. From what i can tell, it already is.
I'd posted this on the other Reason thread a while back.
Does anyone here have any experience with retouch duo or maschineR? I was gonna buy maschineR, but after checking out retouch duo, it seems its got much deeper control over Reason. Also, with retouchlink, I'm guessing it should also be possible to use my maschine.
Possibly retouch duo and maschineR even work quite well together, though at this time I only see myself buying one or the other.
Also, how easy would it be to create custom maps for RE's on both. There isnt much info out there that I could find, so any help or advice would be really appreciated. Thanks.
Maybe you could help me out with some of my questions. You've already answered one question, about RE support. But is it possible for you to give some description or idea of how deep the control is over various devices? Control for kong and dr. Rex seems great, but how is it for other devices, specifically thor and nnxt, and how good is it with the fx?
I guess you might not be able to comment on retouch duo, but a brief description of some things about maschineR would be incredibly useful. Thanks.

i still dont get it why there is no RE with a really good workhorse EQ with Analyser and including a HP Filter - at least from what Ive seen, havent checked them all.
I dont want to use the SSL Mixer for that, it cant be used in Instruments presets either plus it doesnt allow proper bussing.

anyone know why they chose not to include the ability for plugins like ezdrummer and other Instruments into the current sdk? the only thing I can think is they are and were fully aware of all the memory limitations?

greenman wrote:i still dont get it why there is no RE with a really good workhorse EQ with Analyser and including a HP Filter - at least from what Ive seen, havent checked them all.
I dont want to use the SSL Mixer for that, it cant be used in Instruments presets either plus it doesnt allow proper bussing.
their POS Re sdk can not do graphics EQ.

i.e there is no realtime response curves possible visually.

there's your (truthful) answer.

Like Ernst said, when he publicly lied, "like plugins, only better".

not.

memyselfandus wrote:anyone know why they chose not to include the ability for plugins like ezdrummer and other Instruments into the current sdk? the only thing I can think is they are and were fully aware of all the memory limitations?
?? reason is fully 64 bit...

Current SDK limitations are that there are many graphical boundries, and they are cpu hogs.. but i don't see any issue with making an ez drummer type thing because of memory.

ttoz wrote:
greenman wrote:i still dont get it why there is no RE with a really good workhorse EQ with Analyser and including a HP Filter - at least from what Ive seen, havent checked them all.

not.
thanks for your answer.
well there coud be a good eq without graphics if only there were enough tweak knobs (to realise for example a 6/12/28/24/36 48db hp filter and bell/shelf with a bit more gain change possible thatn with the mclass)

greenman wrote:
ttoz wrote:

not.
thanks for your answer.
well there coud be a good eq without graphics if only there were enough tweak knobs (to realise for example a 6/12/28/24/36 48db hp filter and bell/shelf with a bit more gain change possible thatn with the mclass)
Ironic that you should say that. LAB:ONE RECORDINGS is beta testing an EQ that almost fits that bill. ReQualiser 3102 Pro.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

greenman wrote:
ttoz wrote:

not.
thanks for your answer.

of course, that makes sense.

EnochLight wrote:
greenman wrote:
ttoz wrote:

not.
thanks for your answer.
Ironic that you should say that. LAB:ONE RECORDINGS is beta testing an EQ that almost fits that bill. ReQualiser 3102 Pro.
is that the 32 band graphic eq or a different one?

CT wrote:
Crackbaby wrote:I just bought Retouche's MaschineR so i can control Reason with my Maschine .. works pretty cool :) It certainly makes Reason a hell of a lot more fun to use :D (You need loopbe30, and that cost - IF you use reason in 64 bit, otherwise midiyoke works (and i think it's free?))
A guy from Retouche replied to me and said that they're working on making sure it's compatible with 6.5. From what i can tell, it already is.
I'd posted this on the other Reason thread a while back.
Does anyone here have any experience with retouch duo or maschineR? I was gonna buy maschineR, but after checking out retouch duo, it seems its got much deeper control over Reason. Also, with retouchlink, I'm guessing it should also be possible to use my maschine.
Possibly retouch duo and maschineR even work quite well together, though at this time I only see myself buying one or the other.
Also, how easy would it be to create custom maps for RE's on both. There isnt much info out there that I could find, so any help or advice would be really appreciated. Thanks.
Maybe you could help me out with some of my questions. You've already answered one question, about RE support. But is it possible for you to give some description or idea of how deep the control is over various devices? Control for kong and dr. Rex seems great, but how is it for other devices, specifically thor and nnxt, and how good is it with the fx?
I guess you might not be able to comment on retouch duo, but a brief description of some things about maschineR would be incredibly useful. Thanks.
It was such a logn time ago i used maschineR :oops: What's worse is that i haven't installed since i reinstalled windows so i can't check :( Im trying hard to remember how it was with nnxt and Thor. Controlling every single parameter is probably a no, but for browsing presets and manipulating them a little was possible if i remember it right.

An answer from them when i asked about refund since there's no demo
1) no, unfortunately there is not a demo. However, if the user finds that the software does not work as described, then yes, I am willing to issue a refund. So far, majority of my customers seem very pleased with the product, so that has not happened yet! I am attaching the MaschineR manual so that you can learn more about it and find out if this is something that might work for you.
2) we are currently updating MaschineR to work with Reason 6.5. As far as REs are concerned, if the RE is an "instrument", then it can be played with group H which functions as Master Keyboard. We will be updating the Remote Maps so that the RE parameters are mapped to the Maschine knobs for realtime control.
:hug:

ttoz wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
greenman wrote:
ttoz wrote:

not.
thanks for your answer.
That's the one.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

hmm, i look for full a workhorse with parametric eqs, maybe 4 bands + 2 shelving + 2 filters...

EnochLight wrote:
ttoz wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
greenman wrote:
ttoz wrote:

not.
thanks for your answer.
That's the one.
um, from what i have read, then, no, not even a USEFUL re..

already have 32 bands in the vocoder

a 31 band eq whatever , with the extra ability of a separate left and right channel and 6 or 12 db filters, is really not useful at all.

You'd be better off buying etch Red for your low and high cuts and just stick with the eq's currently available.

ttoz wrote: um, from what i have read, then, no, not even a USEFUL re..

already have 32 bands in the vocoder

a 31 band eq whatever , with the extra ability of a separate left and right channel and 6 or 12 db filters, is really not useful at all.

You'd be better off buying etch Red for your low and high cuts and just stick with the eq's currently available.
No, the BV512 is not an effective 32 band EQ due to the band phasing. Apparantly the one being made by Lab One won't color the sound as much and have much less (if any at all) band phasing. I can see something like that being very useful. That said, I do have Etch Red - bought it the day it was available. :D

The BV512 doesn't have bad band phasing when it is in 32 band mode, only when it is in other band resolutions. The issue with it though is that you don't have full control of the 32 bands.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”