AmpliTube Custom Shop Gear Credits now available for purchase in the online store

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You no longer have to purchase Gear Credits exclusively through the AmpliTube Custom Shop application. They are now also available in the regular online store. The same prices and packages still exist.
Last edited by Brian @ IK Multimedia on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brian @ IK Multimedia wrote:You no longer have to purchase Gear Credits exclusively through the AmpliTube Custom Shop application. They are now also vailable in the regular online store. The same prices and packages still exist.
That's kind of funny... I tried to buy credits when you had the 40% off deal going but gave up 'cause every time the little custom shop app would just hang with two spinning wheels. The whole time I was wondering why you guys didn't just sell the credits in the normal web-store. Good move (if a little late)...

A nice feature would be if you could "directly" buy the modules without the need for credit "packs".

But hey, I can dream.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:A nice feature would be if you could "directly" buy the modules without the need for credit "packs".

But hey, I can dream.
Double + 1. Love IK stuff but Im sure the whole gear credits thing is carefully planned so you always have to pay more than the actual cost of the gear. You always end up with unused credits left over, but never enough to buy anything else you actually want, so buy more credits to top up and repeat ad infinitum.

Thats how it works with me anyway

Compyfox wrote:A nice feature would be if you could "directly" buy the modules without the need for credit "packs".

But hey, I can dream.
+1
Not even considering anything in the shop because of this.

On the other hand, if they were still at no-brainer prices and paypal was accepted I'd be buying one every other day.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

But hey, I can dream.
Yup, that's the biggest reason I haven't bought anything else (and the fact that I have Amplitube 3 full from before the CS days, so I'm pretty well stocked tbh :D). Never been a fan of proprietary payment systems a la credits :|
Eternitysound VST Banks

Mushy Mushy wrote:

But hey, I can dream.
+1
Not even considering anything in the shop because of this.

On the other hand, if they were still at no-brainer prices and paypal was accepted I'd be buying one every other day.
Same here. I actually sold AT3 when the 'credits' model was introduced. I'll be back when (or if) they allow payments with real money. I don't need a 'FarmVille' vibe when I'm making music.

I don't mind the Credits but I agree it would be nice to just buy modules.....right now I've got 2 credits. Kind of like having 50 cents in a store where everything is a dollar......not doing me much good....... :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

We will be introducing Avatars and gear you can buy for them like people do with Xbox Live and Microsoft Points. We're doing our best to combine the Apple iTunes App Store concept and the Xbox Live Marketplace. We don't have any idea about this Farmville thing that was mentioned, we'll have to look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Kidding, of course. Thanks for the feedback. I'll relay it. Well, not the Farmville thing.

same here, done with this credit scheme. After getting S-Gear/ Scuffham I get great tone from the guitar & fingers, fx you can find anywhere.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:We will be introducing Avatars and gear you can buy for them like people do with Xbox Live and Microsoft Points.

Kidding, of course. Thanks for the feedback. I'll relay it. Well, not the Farmville thing.
:shock:

:hihi:

Next up for IK: a 4 button guitar controller and multiplayer rhythm game?

I can't say that it has prevented me from buying AT3 gear, but for what it's worth, I also don't like the scheme. It feels the company just wants to cajole money out of me by gaming an exchange rate for proprietary currency. It's a nice option to have (makes the purchase more immediate), but I would rather just put in CC/Paypal info every time I want to buy something.

Teksonik wrote:I don't mind the Credits but I agree it would be nice to just buy modules.....right now I've got 2 credits. Kind of like having 50 cents in a store where everything is a dollar......not doing me much good....... :hihi:

I agree this is a little cheesy, why not just sell the models at a dollar price? But then my animation software does this too though there are thousands of things to get with the credits there. (and they offer complete bundles for cash prices) It would not stop me from buying a model if I wanted it, but I might end up paying more than face value which is a bit misleading :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I'm sure that from IK's perspective, it's a way to reward those who intend to buy more, since the more credits you buy at a time, the less each credit costs.

However, I bet I would have purchased at least something from the CS if there was just a dollar value. As it stands, I haven't purchased any credits yet.
esoundz: barreltone

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:We will be introducing Avatars and gear you can buy for them like people do with Xbox Live and Microsoft Points. We're doing our best to combine the Apple iTunes App Store concept and the Xbox Live Marketplace. We don't have any idea about this Farmville thing that was mentioned, we'll have to look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Kidding, of course.
:P

Any new gear in the pipeline?

I dont want to sound like I am coming down on anyone (especially my friend peter) nor am I trying to bust IKs hump but I just wonder who else feels this way or is it just me. Last year at this time when the Custom Shop was new I really expected a lot more releases than have transpired. It's probably me but I really thought perhaps at least one a month, am I the only one? have I lost more of mind? :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Effects”