Free Arturia MiniMoog, 1 day only (21st June - EXPIRED!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Mini V4

Doesn't make it any less generous to me then. :roll: Considering it would be true, which is, as you said, purely speculating.

FrantzM wrote:I imagine:

1) Arturia said, "If you don't let us to continue to use the Moog name for the same licensing fee, we will give the plug-in away for free and eliminate the market for your version of the plug-in."

2) Moog called their bluff and said go ahead but we will be selling an official Moog plug-in and we can no longer license the name to you.
Pretty much what I thought too. Anyway, this is a nice news and I will be very happy with just front panel functions and I think that it can be a very good resource for students and sound design classes.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

Servers WILL be hammered.. expect lots of trying and retrying to download this. :)

Should be fun.. if this turns out how I think it will though (instrument-wise) it will be my favorite no-brainer deal :hihi:

It says it will be available on June 21, but it does not state that it will only be available on that day alone.

I'll still get it on the 21st just in case

:)
Play it by ear

My finger will be spanking the mouse hard that day.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Wow, this is awesome news. I've been searching for a Moog emu in need for an upcoming project, couldn't turn out better. :)

Aloysius wrote:My finger will be spanking the mouse hard that day.
:lol:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

FrantzM wrote:...Have you heard of World Music Day before this? I haven't.
Me neither till just now. But apparently it's been going on since 1982...

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 04692.html
The Independent wrote:Anyone can make music on World Music Day, in some cases in any location, provided one rule is followed: The music must be free.
Looks like at least one instrument is free too.

Thanks Arturia

:wink:

FrantzM wrote:
chk071 wrote: "Arturia Newsletter:

This partnership, initiated by Bob Moog himself, is coming to an end and the Moog Modular V and Minimoog V soft synths will soon be remerging as the updated and renamed Modular V and Mini V.
I am not so sure this is a generous gift from Arturia since giving this away will hurt their future sales. I suspect there were heated discussions between Arturia and Moog about continuing to use the name and they couldn't come to terms. Moog probably wants to create their own plug-ins.

I imagine:

1) Arturia said, "If you don't let us to continue to use the Moog name for the same licensing fee, we will give the plug-in away for free and eliminate the market for your version of the plug-in."

2) Moog called their bluff and said go ahead but we will be selling an official Moog plug-in and we can no longer license the name to you.

All of this is pure speculation on my part but why else would a company give one of their flagship products away for free? Have you heard of World Music Day before this? I haven't.

All speculation of course, but I would imagen the fact that arturia now make a hardware analog synth possibly considered as a direct competitor may muddy the waters?

That said, they still have the moog V......

FYI,
no eLicenser for this one.
It will be polyphonic, the only limitation is that you don't have access to the extra features (Motion Record, Vocal Filter, Modulation Matrix, Arpeggiator, FXs) but you can play the included presets that are using them.

Kevin

Kevin [Arturia] wrote:FYI,
It will be polyphonic, the only limitation is that you don't have access to the extra features (Motion Record, Vocal Filter, Modulation Matrix, Arpeggiator, FXs) but you can play the included presets that are using them.

Kevin
Can you confirm if it will be available past the 21st? I will be camping with my son on that day.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Kevin [Arturia] wrote:FYI,

Kevin
Hi Kevin.
What about, the normal synth parameter modulators like the filters, envelopes, etc...which are on the front panel?

I would've hoped it needed the elicenser :troll:
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

Numanoid wrote:I read this as it being more or less a rompler, being able to play presets, but no advanced tweaking of sounds. A bit like Analog Factory or Lab... Nevertheless I salute Arturia for this intiative, weighs up for some of the bad impressions I've got of the lately.
mcnoone wrote:What about, the normal synth parameter modulators like the filters, envelopes, etc...which are on the front panel?
It clearly says on the Arturia page that functions BEHIND the front panel (not ON the front panel) are not available (means effects, arp etc.) but that all sounds are included and playable, including these effects as Kevin said.

So just the knobs behind the front panel are "missing" - it's as clear as that.

And the time is european (France) time:
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/cus ... c=0&p0=195
ImageImage

WOK wrote:So just the knobs behind the front panel are "missing" - it's as clear as that.
Oh...I just glanced too quickly then.
This is absolutely great news though.
Thanks Arturia.

Return to “Instruments”