VOS Density MkIII ... WOW!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, of course I don't need to even recommend this because bootsy is well known, but if you didn't think about it you should really check out his updated compressor.

I had just finished a sort of mastering job on my lastest track and decided to try out Bootsy's Compressor this morning to see if it could give me anything different, I know he's made some breakthroughs will thrillseeker and he seems to be concerned about the things I usually dislike about compressors.

Well, I put this on the master bus and tried out the presets. Wow. I love the presets from VOS anyway, but I was really amazed. I will try to post an AB matched example in a minute. But I loaded up "summing" and I couldn't believe how it pulled everything to the front so well. I then followed it by another instance "non-lin amp" and I suddenly got such volume and punch.

It actually clarified and augmented the good qualities of my mix. It finally got me the bass I was looking for and that "glue" I couldn't achieve with my other plugins. Not that I am particularly good with this stuff.

I had barricade on before with gain and it got loud, but not like this. It feels so much louder, and the bottom end is really pushed up front.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Ive just seen and downloaded and going to try now

Aiynzahev wrote:Hi guys, of course I don't need to even recommend this because bootsy is well known, but if you didn't think about it you should really check out his updated compressor.

I had just finished a sort of mastering job on my lastest track and decided to try out Bootsy's Compressor this morning to see if it could give me anything different, I know he's made some breakthroughs will thrillseeker and he seems to be concerned about the things I usually dislike about compressors.

Well, I put this on the master bus and tried out the presets. Wow. I love the presets from VOS anyway, but I was really amazed. I will try to post an AB matched example in a minute. But I loaded up "summing" and I couldn't believe how it pulled everything to the front so well. I then followed it by another instance "non-lin amp" and I suddenly got such volume and punch.

It actually clarified and augmented the good qualities of my mix. It finally got me the bass I was looking for and that "glue" I couldn't achieve with my other plugins. Not that I am particularly good with this stuff.

I had barricade on before with gain and it got loud, but not like this. It feels so much louder, and the bottom end is really pushed up front.
i'd love to hear an a/b of your signal...care to share?

cheers :)

jm

i left 32bit land.... :o
Finally!

I tried it another day, and although is called compressor, i can't see the attack and release buttons.
So i mostly need to read the manual and check this one much better now you are saying.

Have a good day :)

Thanks for the headsup, didnt know the update had been released :D
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Here is an A/B as best as I can get it for now. It clearly changes the frequency spectrum towards the bass end. It might need some tweaking to taste but you can see what I mean about bring up the energy.

I have annotated the soundcloud file to show you when I am switching.

http://soundcloud.com/aiyn-zahev/mixdown-density-mkiii

Whats really cool is you can see the waveform change. I think the peaks are about the same but the body is much larger with Density. Its more dense...
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

I never thought to use this as a limiter.. thanks for the heads up! :)

Anyway, big step up with the attack and release times from the previous version.
I liked the previous version but not really like it, however IMO, the MKIII is a step up in every aspect and I really like it so far, can't wait to test it some more! :)

I should add there are,already two compressors and barricade in this chain and,density is stil making such a difference.
Aiynzahev-sounds

I like how different are the two. :)
Density MK3 vs ThrillseekerLA

I use the ThrilLA for parallel compression and Density on the master in M/S mode. Gonna test DensityMK3 on busses as I presume it will work great. (as a transparent yet smooth limiter)

Thanks for the example , Aiyn. No I have to d/l this...

:O Just tried. MKII was harsh at some points, but this?!?!?! WTF?!?! He could make sh*load of money on this. Wow, he's saint.

Here is video demonstration of Density mkIII:
http://myvst.com/vst-effects/22-dynamic ... i-freeware
In free time i work on my website http://myvst.com/ which provides a lot of free VST Video/Audio demos and downloads.

What does this mean:
The transient response is spot on now over the entire spectrum and it creates sonic depth and dimension: It renders audio like a three-dimensional image.
This feature is very much supported by stateful saturation...
How?
"... it also renders a three-dimensional audio image, which truly supports perceived depth and dimension.
I'd like to perceive an in-depth 3D explanation of this!

:!:

sheikh al Dudeilan wrote:What does this mean:
The transient response is spot on now over the entire spectrum and it creates sonic depth and dimension: It renders audio like a three-dimensional image.
This feature is very much supported by stateful saturation...
How?
"... it also renders a three-dimensional audio image, which truly supports perceived depth and dimension.
I'd like to perceive an in-depth 3D explanation of this!

:!:
I think when the bass frequencies tend to duck the high frequencies it affects the transients of the high peaks, so by having it "spot on" it deals with this perhaps, but it was a quick guess. Dont know about the rest. What I do know it is a very musical dynamics processor with its own unique character that is in between say IK's 670 and waves API 2500. Definitely will be finding a way on my mixbus from time to time.

Return to “Effects”