Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Who likes Waves Reverbs, and which one?

W23
KVRist

123 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Postby W23; Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:23 pm Who likes Waves Reverbs, and which one?

Audio Deluxe is having a serious sale today only, and I've been wanting to get a high quality reverb for some time now. They have Renaissance and True Verbs for $29. The IR-1 is $49 (not bad, really). The Abbey Road Plates are for $79, and the H-Reverb is $99. I keep leaning toward the H-Reverb since it seems to do a little of everything but, while I have a fairly fast computer (13 inch MacBook Pro i5, 8GB Ram), I don't know if I really want to get it if it's going to use up 20 percent CPU. Just curious to see what some folks are happy with when it comes to Waves for Reverb....then again, ALL of the Waves stuff is pretty heavily marked down today so, any other suggestions as far as compressors, etc are welcome
robotmonkey
KVRAF

1660 posts since 20 Jun, 2012

Postby robotmonkey; Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:31 pm Re: Who likes Waves Reverbs, and which one?

I do.

I use RenVerb all the time for many things and like it very much. IR-1 is the only convo verb I have ever needed. TrueVerb too can have it's uses, but I seldom go for it.

H-Reverb and Abbey Road Plates are fantastic verbs, up there with the best. Though I do not personally own neither of them at this point.
Last edited by robotmonkey on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
No signature here!
Slaapstadseun
KVRist

112 posts since 9 Jan, 2011

Postby Slaapstadseun; Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:50 am Re: Who likes Waves Reverbs, and which one?

Trueverb is my go-to reverb - fantastic sound. It workd sor any type of music.
Boone777
KVRist

404 posts since 8 Aug, 2011

Postby Boone777; Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:39 am Re: Who likes Waves Reverbs, and which one?

I feel completely the opposite about Trueverb. To me it's the hardest to fit in a mix. It has a sound that does'nt appeal to me and I will try it only when my go to's (Breeze, Mreverb Valhalla Room, Blackhole) don't seem to work like usual. It's a matter of taste I guess but I always felt there was a reason why Waves gave it away as a freebie it's not as good as the other Waves reverb at least to my taste. If you like it be sure to check the buy and sell section for second hand copy.
Win 7, 64Bit, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper, Steinberg MR816x
Etienne1973
KVRist

58 posts since 7 Feb, 2013, from Switzerland

Postby Etienne1973; Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:09 am Re: Who likes Waves Reverbs, and which one?

W23 wrote:Audio Deluxe ...The IR-1 is $49 ...

IR-1 is only $29. IR-1 Live and IR-1L(ight) are $49 each.
DrGonzo
KVRAF

1862 posts since 23 Oct, 2000, from A Swede Living in Budapest

Postby DrGonzo; Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:32 am Re: Who likes Waves Reverbs, and which one?

Honestly, I have difficulties to see how any reverb can beat the ValhallaVintageVerb (my own taste I might add), but this thread made me curious to check out the Waves reverbs that I have (Ren + IR). Thanks!

/C
Plughugger Sound Design
LITTLE FAT GREEK for OMNISPHERE
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Korg DSM1 - Roland S750 - Ensoniq ASR10/EPSm
ontol
KVRian

1076 posts since 29 Jun, 2012

Postby ontol; Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:42 am Re: Who likes Waves Reverbs, and which one?

I've been quite happy with AR Plate.
W23
KVRist

Postby W23; Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:07 am Re: Who likes Waves Reverbs, and which one?

ontol wrote:I've been quite happy with AR Plate.

I was almost settled on getting the the H-Reverb but, now I may have to get the AR Plate with it! The GAS is very strong today!
sounddesigner
KVRian

1351 posts since 5 Mar, 2005

Postby sounddesigner; Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:40 pm Re: Who likes Waves Reverbs, and which one?

Waves Abbey Roads plates would be the first one from them I'd get (and maybe the only). The Abbey Road Plates are amazing. Very alive sounding and rich sounding, really good emulation. I would always avoide Waves because of their past business model and a couple present day things I disliked but thankfully they've been changing as a company and the Abbey Road plates made them unavoidable. Truly superb plugin for sure. I just recently bought the ARP reverb on sale and couldn't be happier.
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.
djshire
KVRian

559 posts since 10 Jun, 2011, from Detroit

Postby djshire; Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:00 pm Re: Who likes Waves Reverbs, and which one?

Another vote for RenVerb, though if I had Valhalla Room or VV, I might use it less.
W23
KVRist

Postby W23; Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:40 pm Re: Who likes Waves Reverbs, and which one?

I wound up getting the Renaissance, IR-1, Abbey Rd Plates, AND the H-Reverb. If you buy them direct from the Waves' website, they consider anything over 3 a bundle, and start discounting even more, AND they still take a coupon code for an additional 10 percent off. I went a little apeshit over the Reverbs, and picked up the headphone monitor thingy, and the H-delay too. I saved another 100 dollars that way. I don't think I need to buy anymore plugins for a month at least!

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects