Vendors allowing license transfers

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How does the transfer of an Izotope bundle work when it includes iLok plugins? For example several of their bundles include Exponential Audio reverbs which use iLok. Can those be transferred without the iLok fee or can you only transfer the rest of the bundle?

If you request the transfer of the Exponential Audio plugin to Izotope, they will do it without paying the iLok fee. That has been my experience.

Arturia license transfer terms have been updated a little bit recently:
Use of the Products by the Buyer

From the date of delivery of the Product and within the next 6 months, the Buyer must contact the customer service at https://www.arturia.com/support/askforhelp to unregister the license from their account. After the 6 months period, the Buyer has the possibility to unregister the license by themselves from their account at https://www.arturia.com/myarturia.
https://www.arturia.com/support/terms

I see this policy reflecting in the account. Also, I see that freebies no longer have the option to be unregistered from the account, manually or through support, unlike previously.

solved

Question about Native Instruments "bundle member" policy..
I just had to refund a customer of mine on this forum, because NI misinformed me about transferring products that part of a bundle. For example, Abbey Road Drums. When you buy them as a collection, you get 6 individual serials, but each serial says "bundle member." They all appear to be transferrable, since you can literally click the checkbox and submit a transfer request for each.
I chatted in 5/12 to NI support, asking for transferring instructions to transfer individual abbey road drums, he said the following:
"The bundle actually dispatches into separate licenses when registered for the first time. If you want to transfer each bundled product you would want to transfer the serial for each product."
(I successfully sold and transferred my Abbey Roads Vintage Drums...)

I chatted in again today, asking for the status of my second transfer request: For the AR 80's drums. I sold it on KVR and the transfer approval was taking a while, so figured I would try chatting on NI's website today:
Rep: "It looks like this request is to transfer a bundle member, which cannot be done individually, you would instead need to transfer the entire bundle, otherwise that product would not function for the user you are transferring it to. What the other rep said is actually incorrect and I will be letting him know that.
Together, apologies."

Now I have one single transfer ID for my entire AR bundle, even after selling Vintage. They gave me a $25 voucher "for the inconvenience," but it's not even worth it because 1: you can't stack them, 2: they are region locked, 3: there is hardly anything, if anything, on NI's website below $25—so you can only use it if you spend more money.

Has anyone ever experienced this, or know if the rep I spoke to doesn't know what they are talking about? I'm a bit off-set since I put a lot into making sure my customers aren't having to sit around wondering how to get their licenses once they send payment. This threw a big wrench in things considering I had to issue a refund and explain how a big company like NI messed up here.

Teebacca wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:16 pm Question about Native Instruments "bundle member" policy..
I just had to refund a customer of mine on this forum, because NI misinformed me about transferring products that part of a bundle. For example, Abbey Road Drums. When you buy them as a collection, you get 6 individual serials, but each serial says "bundle member." They all appear to be transferrable, since you can literally click the checkbox and submit a transfer request for each.
…how a big company like NI messed up here.
I think this very clearly stated in their EULA:
NI wrote: 3.8 In addition, for certain Products from Native Instruments the following shall apply:

a) Bundles (product bundles consisting of hardware and software or software-only bundles) can only be resold / transferred as a whole. The individual components of a bundle must not be resold / transferred separately.
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/c ... agreement/

So if you managed to sell a part of a bundle, that was just a lucky shot.
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

kovacs wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:47 am
I think this very clearly stated in their EULA:
NI wrote: 3.8 In addition, for certain Products from Native Instruments the following shall apply:

a) Bundles (product bundles consisting of hardware and software or software-only bundles) can only be resold / transferred as a whole. The individual components of a bundle must not be resold / transferred separately.
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/c ... agreement/

So if you managed to sell a part of a bundle, that was just a lucky shot.
Thank you for shedding some light on this, I couldn’t find this part of the policy mentioned anywhere else, and NI offering the option to request transfers for individual “bundle member” licenses (without selecting the entire bunch) was a bit misleading. So it would appear as though I did in fact luck out on my first sale. Now off to selling my full bundle, minus one instrument :ud:

I reached out to Baby Audio to confirm their license transfer policy, since there are no details on their website. Suffice to say they do allow transfers, that they action manually and they do not become NFR for the new owner. In the interest of transparency, here is our email exchange (my questions are in italics, BA replies in bold).

Hello there, I would like some information on your licence transfer policy. I can't seem to find any information about transfers on the site. I have seen some people selling 2nd hand licences in the usual places, so I'm assuming it's possible but I would like to be certain and to understand the procedure and if there are conditions to consider, for example 2nd hand licences become NFR

At the moment there's really not much info to share :)
All I need is the license key, and the full name of the new owner. After that I void the previous license and issue a fresh license to the new owner.

Thanks for getting back to me. Please could you confirm if the 2nd hand licences become NFR; this is an important outcome that I would like any prospective buyer to informed about upfront.

The second hand license does not become NFR - it's a regular license :)
Always Read the Manual!

Nothing
Last edited by fcamp on Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Does Synapse allow license transfers (ie The Legend)?

If so, how?

Thanks

ghostwhistler wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:38 am Does Synapse allow license transfers (ie The Legend)?

If so, how?

Thanks
99% sure they do and that they become NFR for the new owner. I've never bought or sold so I'm not sure of the process, best email support for clarification on that front.
Always Read the Manual!

Thanks, I had it confirmed on their forums

hi, can i sell my serato sample license?
How can I transfer it to another user, thanks

hi folks, has anyone recently sold and transferred a sonarworks license? I'm having a lot of trouble getting any response on my 12 day old transfer request

Very helpful thread here....thanks a lot!

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”