Vendors allowing license transfers

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Minimal Audio doesn’t allow licence transfers. Unfortunately license transfers go against their user agreement, so they do not allow them. They only offer a refund on their products if you request a refund within 30 days of purchasing.

PieBerger wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:56 am I reached out to Baby Audio to confirm their license transfer policy, since there are no details on their website. Suffice to say they do allow transfers, that they action manually and they do not become NFR for the new owner. In the interest of transparency, here is our email exchange (my questions are in italics, BA replies in bold).

Hello there, I would like some information on your licence transfer policy. I can't seem to find any information about transfers on the site. I have seen some people selling 2nd hand licences in the usual places, so I'm assuming it's possible but I would like to be certain and to understand the procedure and if there are conditions to consider, for example 2nd hand licences become NFR

At the moment there's really not much info to share :)
All I need is the license key, and the full name of the new owner. After that I void the previous license and issue a fresh license to the new owner.

Thanks for getting back to me. Please could you confirm if the 2nd hand licences become NFR; this is an important outcome that I would like any prospective buyer to informed about upfront.

The second hand license does not become NFR - it's a regular license :)
I just noticed that Baby Audio is now charging $20 for transfers

https://babyaud.io/faqs

inkstone wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:17 pm
PieBerger wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:56 am I reached out to Baby Audio to confirm their license transfer policy, since there are no details on their website. Suffice to say they do allow transfers, that they action manually and they do not become NFR for the new owner. In the interest of transparency, here is our email exchange (my questions are in italics, BA replies in bold).

Hello there, I would like some information on your licence transfer policy. I can't seem to find any information about transfers on the site. I have seen some people selling 2nd hand licences in the usual places, so I'm assuming it's possible but I would like to be certain and to understand the procedure and if there are conditions to consider, for example 2nd hand licences become NFR

At the moment there's really not much info to share :)
All I need is the license key, and the full name of the new owner. After that I void the previous license and issue a fresh license to the new owner.

Thanks for getting back to me. Please could you confirm if the 2nd hand licences become NFR; this is an important outcome that I would like any prospective buyer to informed about upfront.

The second hand license does not become NFR - it's a regular license :)
I just noticed that Baby Audio is now charging $20 for transfers

https://babyaud.io/faqs
Thanks for the udpate!
Always Read the Manual!

fcamp wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:51 pm To all sellers of Exponential Audio plugins.

Now that they are under Izotope's license, the transfer is free: https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us/ar ... fer-Policy

With the online chat in the link, I have just transferred my license of Excalibur in minutes. Great and fast support. No need to pay the iLok transfer fees!
I don't know how it works. I have some Exp Audio reverbs but they are all linked to my iLok account (I was required to do so in order to activate the plugins when I first used them).
Music Producer from Vitral Music :phones: Check my KVR Feedback.

You have to request the transfer to Izotope support, and they take care of deleting the license from your iLok, without paying the iLok fee.

maldomusica wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:36 pm
fcamp wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:51 pm To all sellers of Exponential Audio plugins.

Now that they are under Izotope's license, the transfer is free: https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us/ar ... fer-Policy

With the online chat in the link, I have just transferred my license of Excalibur in minutes. Great and fast support. No need to pay the iLok transfer fees!
I don't know how it works. I have some Exp Audio reverbs but they are all linked to my iLok account (I was required to do so in order to activate the plugins when I first used them).

fcamp wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:44 pm You have to request the transfer to Izotope support, and they take care of deleting the license from your iLok, without paying the iLok fee.
That way you can get more activations? It is that Exponential Audio gives you only one.
Music Producer from Vitral Music :phones: Check my KVR Feedback.

Sorry, I don't know about the number of activations.

what about klevgrand plugins, is there a way to resell those? i have almost the whole bundle for sale...

tendingtropic wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:16 pm what about klevgrand plugins, is there a way to resell those? i have almost the whole bundle for sale...
The answer I got in June 2021
Due to misuse of our initial terms, we had to revise our licensing terms in 2019 – all licenses are now personal and non-exclusive, non-transferrable and non-sublicensable.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Anyone know about BOOM Library plugins?
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

Can anyone clarify TAL's transfer policy for me? It says in the doc listing here that TAL permits transfers without any fee, but according to their FAQ, there is a $10 transfer fee

What's the discoDSP license transfer policy now?

YnJ wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:15 pm What's the discoDSP license transfer policy now?
I presume the following is accurate, since it's published on their official FAQ page.

Thanks!

EDIT:
After reaching out to Ray, the person who bought the plugin from me was told by Ray himself that the license is in fact a full license and it is transferrable. Nonetheless, the NFR stamp still shows on his account. I hope Ray sheds some light on this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL POST:
I have just found out that FUSE AUDIO LABS plugins become NFR when sold second hand. I haven't found anything on the website that mentions this. As soon as I get back home from work I will check the EULA to see if it's mentioned there. Unfortunately this was communicated to me by someone who bought a Fuse Audio Labs plugin from me. I did not know, so I hope this helps anyone (whether you're selling or buying a Fuse plugin).

Also of community interest: since v2.5, the way to start a transfer begins with the plugin itself.
1. Start your DAW
2. Load the Fuse plugin you want to transfer on a track
3. Click on the left bottom icon
4. Select "Deactivate" and then tick the "Revoke Activation Key" box
5. Copy the resulting token code
6. Then submit a form from their website explaining the transfer, adding the transfer token code, who the plugin is going to (Fuse email account of the buyer), etc.
7. You will receive a link to pay a $5 transfer fee >> pay it
8. After payment is through, Ray will take care of the transfer
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”