80's metal Ratt Cover (Playing with) Amplitube 3 and Fl Studio

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Played along with an older Glam (LA) Metal Ratt song from Invasion of your Privacy CD. The guitar could have been louder, but it blends pretty well and is louder than it appears.

Audio Only

http://neilglasscock.com/uploads/ratt.mp3

Video - Set to 480P or sounds mono :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZiJnw9gKY

I hadn't knowingly heard Ratt before, but the overall sound seems very similar to the Def Leppard mid-late '80s era stuff. Nice guitar work on here. The guitar blended well with the track. It sounds like your Hamer has a pretty decent sustain. Did you ever listen to any Martin Barre? He used a lot of Hamer guitars from '77-'89 (maybe even longer).

seismic1 wrote:I hadn't knowingly heard Ratt before, but the overall sound seems very similar to the Def Leppard mid-late '80s era stuff. Nice guitar work on here. The guitar blended well with the track. It sounds like your Hamer has a pretty decent sustain. Did you ever listen to any Martin Barre? He used a lot of Hamer guitars from '77-'89 (maybe even longer).

I need to get out of the 80's. I know my son gets tired of hearing it. I also like a lot of early 2000's stuff.

A person's relationship with music has a method for sure. Imo, there is a relationship balance between seeking out new music and listening to your "back catalog". I believe it reaches a balance at around age 27, and at age 34 the interest in new music starts to drop off rapidly until you basically just listen to your retained catalog 99% of the time.

Also, there are some decades better than others music wise, but by rule music is matched with life experiences, and for whatever reason, music that you absorbed in your youth tends to have reached a deeper level than in later years. The amount that you generally like music is not consistent. Songs you heard when you like music the most will sound better to you from then on. Finished with ramble.

You thoughts? I predict you are in your late 20's?

crimsontider wrote: A person's relationship with music has a method for sure. Imo, there is a relationship balance between seeking out new music and listening to your "back catalog". I believe it reaches a balance at around age 27, and at age 34 the interest in new music starts to drop off rapidly until you basically just listen to your retained catalog 99% of the time.

Also, there are some decades better than others music wise, but by rule music is matched with life experiences, and for whatever reason, music that you absorbed in your youth tends to have reached a deeper level than in later years. The amount that you generally like music is not consistent. Songs you heard when you like music the most will sound better to you from then on.
Isn't that the truth!!!

I completely agree!

bigjerome wrote: Isn't that the truth!!!

I completely agree!
The my generation's music is better than yours has been going on for ever lol.

crimsontider wrote:
seismic1 wrote:I hadn't knowingly heard Ratt before, but the overall sound seems very similar to the Def Leppard mid-late '80s era stuff. Nice guitar work on here. The guitar blended well with the track. It sounds like your Hamer has a pretty decent sustain. Did you ever listen to any Martin Barre? He used a lot of Hamer guitars from '77-'89 (maybe even longer).

I need to get out of the 80's. I know my son gets tired of hearing it. I also like a lot of early 2000's stuff.

A person's relationship with music has a method for sure. Imo, there is a relationship balance between seeking out new music and listening to your "back catalog". I believe it reaches a balance at around age 27, and at age 34 the interest in new music starts to drop off rapidly until you basically just listen to your retained catalog 99% of the time.

Also, there are some decades better than others music wise, but by rule music is matched with life experiences, and for whatever reason, music that you absorbed in your youth tends to have reached a deeper level than in later years. The amount that you generally like music is not consistent. Songs you heard when you like music the most will sound better to you from then on. Finished with ramble.

:hug:

By the time I was 25 (1985), I had almost given up listening to new music, although probably not for the reasons you expect. I didn't really have access to contemporary music for a period of about 10 years. I just continued to listen to the music I grew up with. But I think I learned how to listen during that period. I really grew to appreciate the music of King Crimson, Franks Zappa, Thomas Dolby, Depeche Mode and XTC. Now that's a pretty odd combination.

I returned to the UK in 1995 and, for some reason continued to listen to the bands I loved in my youth for probably the next 6-7 years. Gradually, around 2002, I started listening to newer stuff. I don't think it was deliberate. It just happened.

My favourite band is still King Crimson. But I listen to a lot of different styles now.

You do the math!

I was 19 in 85. The freshness of your compositions is what I based the age on, your knowledge and how you relate seemed older though. You are about 6 years older than me which exposed you to early prog rock and Sabath that I missed. I came into fold with Van Halen I, later The Who, ACDC and Rush Permanent Waves. These days there is no way I could see the significance music wise of someone that starting really listening in 2002 instead of 2007, but I sure can back then. The years expand as you get older I guess. You can date things cultural down to the season of a year at some point in your life.

That's great that you opened up to new stuff later on. It was easy to predict in the early 2000's that electronic and techno would inevitable replace some of the hip hop in pop music due to the invention of the soft synth and more exposure to trance music people had on the net.

I saw Sabbath in '78 with Van Halen supporting. That was pretty good. In '77 I missed the first ever Rush UK concert because I was queueing overnight for Genesis tickets. Those were the days. I bought the new Rush album about 6 weeks ago, but still haven't had a chance to listen to it :?

crimsontider wrote:

Seeing this post about 6 years late but have to say it's brilliant. Thanks!

Return to “Music Cafe”