Polyphonic Guitar to MIDI VST/AU "MIDI Guitar"- BETA TEST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

JamOrigin wrote:So, no promises, only that we will continue spending a vast amount of investments and resources in audio recognition, of which some will be wasted, some will bring valuable knowledge and others will end up in future MIDI Guitar versions.
That's about as awesome as you can get.

My connection is slow, the downloads don't work here, I get a checksum error every time. Any chance of a mirror host, it used to work up through 0.61 .
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

I think this software is the way to be a revolution, but as a guitarist quite technician with some years of experience and having tested this, in several versions and guitars. I be able to give my opinion, which is not a criticism, something essential that should improve this software, is to deal with certain aspects characteristics of the execution, fingers to amalgamate the string sound passing in fast passages and not necessarily playing usually legato, then tbe guitar remain briefly placed creating a brief interval 2nds, especially in grades continuous scales.
In the software in the soft, this peculiarity of the guitar, seems to create problems, changes contiguous string, leaving fingers on both strings for a moment, quite fast, lost "note/s" always happen, that is where you lose the continuity of tracking, interruptions etc.
Repeat those sounds as Ostinatto... This does not happen in a hexasystem, notes this sudden loss of response but everything else is fine, produces distrust, discomfort in the musician..
Probe with custom presets, changes several things. Obviously improved in many ways but this is still a great "hole", if you fix it, would consider that the "software solution" is definitely "the solution".
All most guitarists who played it, "test", after the initial testing exciting, a bit more thoroughly playing bebop for example, found this "thing" passing strings.
Not that you can not achieve alter the way you play for this "case" there are other issues or weaknesses that are fix playing carefull.
I wonder if the sound persists briefly in the string you just sound, can be discarded by the software if it is "cross talking" effect or something?
:wink: :love:
“Do not frear msitakes - there are one. ”

Pitch-to-MIDI seems like a piece of cake compared to Popoto-to-English. :D

Eleventh wrote:Pitch-to-MIDI seems like a piece of cake compared to Popoto-to-English. :D
I used "Google translate"
“Do not frear msitakes - there are one. ”

it sounds like you know what you're talking about, but are having difficulty communicating. Maybe you should post in your own language as well as the translation and perhaps somebody can interpret better.

Google translation is not very good with sentences. I didn't realise it also made spelling mistakes.

Popoto wrote:
Eleventh wrote:Pitch-to-MIDI seems like a piece of cake compared to Popoto-to-English. :D
I used "Google translate"
Ha-ha, funny. I think I have a version of this reasoning as English is my second language . if one understands 90 percents of words he gets about 50 percents of the meaning of a text. Translating this to music what percentage of missing notes or spurious notes is acceptable for good performance? I tried hard but gave up on urockguitar because I could not fret all notes reliably - my error ratio was about 2 percent. This sounds pretty Bad when false notes pop out and people smile in the audience. :)

holy crap... i saw this a while back and completely wrote it off, but that demo video is insane. Is it that freakin good??? Really!?!? Downloading, but my damn pickup broke.

I grabbed dusty old guitar with strings that has not been changed in many years. After tuning I plugged the guitar into Focusrite Saffire Pro w/ Macbook Pro 10.6.8 using MG standalone mode with 128 samples (2.9ms) and Logic 9.17 (32, 64 or 128 samples). Only little bit of sensitivity tweaking was needed (Electric guitar dark preset) and I was able to get Very responsive tracking. I'm not very accurate player but the tracking results were excellent. Chords and lead melodies flowed without noticeably latency IMHO (I wasn't trying any fusion jazz soloing or anything like that). I'll be ordering the full version this week.

I bought this software as soon as i downloaded the beta/demo. I instantly wanted to support Jamorigin and this breakthru software because i immediatly saw the huge potental and impact on all gutar players in the world in this software!!

This is huge, this is a dream come true , this is the next generation software for every guitarist.

Jamorigin Midiguitar is the most revolutionary thing that has happened to guitarplayers since the electric guitar! Competitors require hardware and software or modifications of your precious guitar hardware .. Jamorigin has no such requirements, just incredible software..

Is Jam Origin's website down? I have been trying to get on the Jam Origin web site, but have not been able to for the last two days.

Cecelius2 wrote:Is Jam Origin's website down? I have been trying to get on the Jam Origin web site, but have not been able to for the last two days.
I just got on the main page and the beta download page.

Thanks Scook. It must have just been down for maintenance. I got on a minute ago. So no problems. Thanks for checking.

Has anyone noticed that notes don't cut off as quickly with smaller buffer sizes? When I switch between sample sizes of 89 and 45 for the buffer size in Ableton on my Focusrite 6i6, 89 is very responsive to notes stopping, while 45 wants to hang around a bit even after a note has been stopped. It's like an increase in "release" values or something.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

Finally got to my studio after along trip and tested MG 8.2 for a while. I replaced MG 6.1 with 8.2 in one of my setups and didn't work as expected. Tracking seems to work better than prior releases but still have some issues with false notes, In addition some weird behavior that produces a sort of echo note after some played notes ocurred, I have no idea why this version reacts this way. I still think MG 6.1 is the most accurate version of all in terms of playability with almost non false triggering and best overall performance. I'll be tweaking v 8.2 more this afternoon.

Return to “Instruments”