VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Version 0.7.5 is up.

WHATS NEW:

Recogition:
* Bends less prone to re-triggering.
* Improved poly tuning (still experimental).

General:
* Four small synths built in (ePiano, Piano, VA and FM synths)
- thanks to mda/smartelectronix for these.

Bug fixes:
* Fixed plugin scanner issues on Windows.

Also there are some changes in loading/hosting plugins. I hope this will allow to open some of those plugins that previously wouldn't, and that we didn't introduce too many new plugin issues.

DOWNLOAD:

http://jamorigin.com/midi-guitar/MIDI-G ... .5-Win.zip
http://jamorigin.com/midi-guitar/MIDI-G ... .5-Mac.zip
JamOrigin.com

Like us on Facebook.com/JamOrigin and follow us on Twitter @JamOrigin

I just loaded 0.7.5, thanks. Because of the dll name changes, SONAR users must re-edit the registry if they use MG as a VST. After the edit, it works ok.

This version of MG is far more accurate on my albeit unconventional setup.
I'm using a Sennheiser MKH8040 with reflection filter to mic a classical guitar.
I am running Midi Guitar as a standalone in 64bit to trigger various RTAS plugs (Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Chromaphone, Tremor, Stylus RMX, AdrenaLinn) in Protools as well as rewired VST plugs (Padshop Pro, Cthulu) from Reaper. Both the tuner and polytuner are working well now. The program is also more sensitive to string bends on this setup. Thank you!
Last edited by jas on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the quick update to v7.5.

I have a question that might have been already answered in the previous 53+ pages of this thread, but I could not find it quickly. So here is my question:

where does Midi Guitar store it's presets for the setups?

I could not find anywhere on my system that had a folder for midi guitar presets or data.

Thanks.

Have you looked in your home directory\AppData\Roaming\JamOrigin? AppData is a hidden directory in your home directory.

scook wrote:Have you looked in your home directory\AppData\Roaming\JamOrigin? AppData is a hidden directory in your home directory.
Excellent! Found them right where you pointed.

Thanks.

Still won't load Sampletank. Has anyone else got this problem? Maybe it just doesn't like IK products because the TRacks stuff won't load either.

In my case, v0.7.5 is the first version that is able to scan my 2 VSTs folders without any errors. It also picks up Amplitude 3, so no problem for that IK plugin. "Recognition" performance is, for all practical purpose, identical to v0.7.4, except for Pitch Bend which is indeed tracking better.

However, many previous "bugs" remain:

- In DAW mode (I use Reaper), the plugin often opens up with the default "Test Piano" even if "None" was selected and the project was saved like that. On re-opening the project, "Test Piano" is back again.

- The recognition sensitivity level is not "synchronized" between the "Essentials" and "Advanced" mode, making it difficult to know which level MIDI Guitar is actually using. If the level in one mode is adjusted, the level in the other should be identical(they should track one another).

-It would be immensely appreciated if the plugin would first check if the user has a valid license BEFORE fully loading the plugin, therefore bypassing the "Agreement" window. Often I load a project with the MG plugin and when I come to open the GUI, the "Agreement' window is loaded instead of the main GUI. Sometimes, this also causes my DAW to produce no sound until I close the "Agreement" window.

- Also, sometimes Reaper crashes my audio interface ASIO driver while loading a project that uses MIDI Guitar. When this happens, I cannot hear/play anything until I unplug/re-plug my audio interface USB cable (or do a system reboot). Although this Reaper/ASIO crash could be caused by many things on my PC, it ONLY happens if the project is using MIDI Guitar, and since I have 100's of VSTs with zero similar problems, this point to a bug in MIDI Guitar.

Aside from these problems, things are progressing nicely. Keep up the good work!

Chuck
Last edited by chucky5p on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks all!

Forgot to answer about the None/Test Piano bug - we are currently reimplementing a the program selection system for next update, so that you can save programs and change between them with midi program change - and so we look though all issues related to storing state between sessions.

Just one question. Obviously it would be nice if all settings related to a loaded instrument (its VST state, velocity curve, and other parameters) could be saved and named for later use or for changing between presets with midi program change. For now I will call such a performance slot a "scene" (anybody have good words for this?). Two options comes to mind:

1. Make such "scenes" local to a VST instrument - ie. you can only shift between presets in one VST with your pedal.
2. Make such "scenes" global to be able to switch between VSTs with the midi pedal.

Apart from the obvious to save your work, another nice perspectives of 2. is that you could use your "scenes" live with a headless computer (say the tiny intel NUC) that would just boot your "scenes" and only a midi pedal board to control it.

The second seems the way to go. Thoughts welcome.

The discrepancy between Essentials and Advanced was actually intentional at first. Like a protected sandbox for beginners that would not be affected if one would mess up something in advanced mode. I realise this might not be the best idea or some more clear communication of this is needed.

Chuck, good point with the early loading and we will look into that Reaper/ASIO bug.

sheldrakes, there has been an issue with SampleTank v2.5 Win, since the early versions I believe. We are still trying to understand why that dll won't open.
Last edited by JamOrigin on Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamOrigin.com

Like us on Facebook.com/JamOrigin and follow us on Twitter @JamOrigin

I have the problem now that the vst version 32 and 64 bit will not run. I get a Buffer Underrun error although I have just one track and only Midiguitar in the track. I tried to return to 0.7.4 but get the same results.

OK after a reboot it is working again. I was moving the sampletank files around to see if I could get something to work so I probably screwed things up :oops:

When I load sampletank in my host or as standalone it always tells me I need admin rights to change things. If I click that message away it then works ok. Maybe that is effecting the load in Midiguitar.

Hitting an open low E string seems to generate a 7th chord. That's a hell of a thing. :)

And please - for the love of God - have a longer time before the pop-up window appears.
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

Got Sampletank to work :love:
For anybody having the same problem in windows7 start the standalone Midiguitar as admin and do a clear instruments and then a scan. Sampletank will load and is ready for the vst version. A nag screen still appears on start but you can click that away and it works.

sheldrakes wrote:Still won't load Sampletank. Has anyone else got this problem? Maybe it just doesn't like IK products because the TRacks stuff won't load either.

Having the same problem with Sampletank it does not load

This is a brief report after playing with MG 7.4 for the whole afternoon. MG is tracking nicely with almost none spurious notes. I still think SENSITIVITY is too sensitive, I have to considerably pull down the guitar level at input stage to get satisfactory results in tracking. Having guitar signal at -10 dB on soundcard does not make much sense to me. I feel that an adjustment on this could improve tracking results since there would be more "detailed margin" on the SENSITIVITY adjustment in the way version 5 was.

Pitch bend feels better than previous versions. I notice some very little latency on tracking, nothing too disturbing. Still some plugins that don't load.

Whoops, I didn't notice v0.7.5 is out. I'm downloading it and will be testing it tomorrow morning.

Return to “Instruments”