Studio One 3?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

lfm wrote:
hibidy wrote: "sea-sick" - The most bitchen sidechain compressor ever made. Will make tracks that will make you so sick, you'll be barfing sidechain goodness over the whole neighborhood. "sea sick" is the perfect sidechain compressor for when pumpy is not good enough. Make your tracks "sick" with "sea-sick"
I think that one already exist - everytime I listen to what's on the radio it makes me sick. ;)
:hihi:

Novalis wrote:
S1 1.0 had about... 80-90% ... of my longtime Cubase FR's.
Care to elaborate a bit?
Just curious 8)
Sure. I already mentioned two of them in this thread earlier, reordering instruments in the rack and renaming instruments in the rack (Halion One #7 etc.) . Some other stuff that fit my personal Cubase (v SX3-4-5) FR list in S1 1.x were...

- Renaming plugin instances.
- Plugin UI's with the full plugin chain on them
- Export Mono & Stereo Stems in one pass.
- Tracks that switched mono/stereo.
- Bouncing instruments to audio directly on the timeline.
- Replacing instruments directly, in place.
- Moving mixer channels directly. (highly annoying)
- Hiding mixer channels and arrange tracks. (scenes / tracklists)
- A mixer that would maximize full screen.
- A mix console that docks.
- A midi editor that docks.
- Seeing all sends and inserts in the mixer at the same time. (a biggie for me at the time, a major annoyance)
- Unlimited sends and inserts.
- Macros listed in a more convenient place, Cubase's are / were listed on the end of a long menu.

Note: ^^^ If Steinberg.net is still archived you could probably find my old FR for what is essentially the S1 Macro toolbar there.

- CD Burning (although I stopped buring CD's long ago that was an old FR)
- Rendering FLAC files and running FLAC on the timeline.
- A collection of metering plugs which curiously, Cubase didn't have any at all then.

There's a lot of other small stuff, some drag and drop related, but all of that stuff above I'd wanted in Cubase for some years.

Novalis wrote:
egbert wrote:Doesn't a mixdown end up in the media pool? That new file is a change from the DAWs point of view.
Guido Negraszus wrote: Are you saying it still works for you?
Yes, I just mastered an album, and it worked fine.
I can't really help there, I'm afraid :(
(You have v2.6.3 installed?)
Sorry, just realized that I explained this wrongly, its quite a while since I looked into this. So this is my problem: when I export an album with artwork it shows fine in my media player. However, after I uploaded it to my website for people to download the artwork disappeared (after they downloaded it). Previously this did not happen and I'm still using the same website host. But now thinking about it, maybe it could come from my website host. I don't know how the embedding of artwork technically works but until now I presumed that its "within" or part of the MP3 once exported. But maybe I'm wrong, maybe it is possible that the artwork can be removed from the MP3 file? Just to be sure, I will write to my website technical support.
DAW: Studio One 4.5.3 Professional, Win7 x64, i7 5930K @ 3.5Ghz, VE PRO
Audio: RME ADI-2 PRO, Presonus Studio 1824
Midi: Studiologic Numa Compact, Faderport, S1 RC,
Sounds: Omnisphere, Zebra, Komplete12U, Lexicon, Fabfilter, Soundtoys, Breeze, Waves

Novalis wrote:
egbert wrote:Doesn't a mixdown end up in the media pool? That new file is a change from the DAWs point of view.
Not necessarily.
You can export a mixdown e.g. to the desktop, and still both Cubase and S1 want you to do a save after that.
A new position for the song position line means a new state and hence an invitation to save in most DAWs. As far as the desktop location for a bounce file, does the media pool show the path to it after that?
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

Well, unless they fix the sound quality, it's over for me :x

LawrenceF wrote:Sure.
Thank you very much!
Interesting... as far as I'm aware of, at least 50% of the things you mentioned are still not implemented in Cubase.
Guido Negraszus wrote:However, after I uploaded it to my website for people to download the artwork disappeared (after they downloaded it).
Is it possible that your web host does some kind of conversion to the MP3-files you upload?
In that case, I could imagine that the cover art gets lost in the process somehow.
egbert wrote: A new position for the song position line means a new state and hence an invitation to save in most DAWs. As far as the desktop location for a bounce file, does the media pool show the path to it after that?
There's no new position for the song position line, I don't touch anything in arrange.
Since I don't click on "import mixdown to track", it should not be in the media pool at all, but I will check that.
Btw it also happens if I do a digital release in the project page. That's the same as a mixdown, technically.

Mixdowns making the song file state change may have something to do with how S1 cross references mixes for the project page and all that. The Project page also directly accepts song files, not just audio files, so there's maybe something in the song file XML that directly references the mixdown, not sure.

You could (I suppose) unzip a song file and check the XML before and after to see.

Novalis wrote:Interesting... as far as I'm aware of, at least 50% of the things you mentioned are still not implemented in Cubase.
Yeah. As a practical matter, a 1.0 without a very inviting workflow of some kind wouldn't really attract many users because it takes some long years to catch up on some of the more advanced features.

It''s maybe not a coincidence that 1.0 seemed to fill a lot of what were viewed as obvious workflow holes in Cubase.

Wakey wakey :hihi:

I'll bet it doesn't happen tomorrow......but I'd like to see it.

hibidy wrote:Wakey wakey :hihi:

I'll bet it doesn't happen tomorrow......but I'd like to see it.
A bottle of cola, I bet it will come this namm

Too much silence, I don't think they will show/release it now. Maybe in October/November. At least they would've said they have something interesting to show, but I didn't heard/read that yet. Anyone?

hibidy wrote:Well, unless they fix the sound quality, it's over for me :x
Whats wrong with the Sound Quality ?
Studio One, Logic
macOS
–– -
http://ansolas.de

nIGhT-SoN wrote:Too much silence, I don't think they will show/release it now. Maybe in October/November. At least they would've said they have something interesting to show, but I didn't heard/read that yet. Anyone?
They said in the beginning of last summer that it would be out by the end of summer of 2014.

SWallace wrote:They said in the beginning of last summer that it would be out by the end of summer of 2014.
They also said that the guy who said that was kinda speaking out of school and that comment was not true, but people keep referring to it anyway like it was a broken promise. Which is partly why many companies don't do that, talk about stuff ahead of time, because it almost always goes a little sideways.

We've seen Cubase 8, the new Sonar, the new Logic, the new Samp, and they're all really nice imo, really cool products. :tu: You'll see the new Studio One (and Reaper, and PT and Live) at some point and the cycle will start all over again. We'll meet back here in 2-3 years and do it all over again. :)

LawrenceF wrote:
SWallace wrote:They said in the beginning of last summer that it would be out by the end of summer of 2014.
They also said that the guy who said that was kinda speaking out of school and that comment was not true, but people keep referring to it anyway like it was a broken promise. Which is partly why many companies don't do that, talk about stuff ahead of time, because it almost always goes a little sideways.
Ah nice, thanks Lawrence. Never heard their official response. The only thing that I am dying to get changed is the track re-ordering issue.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”