Login / Register  0 items | $0.00New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

"chill moonrise" ambient tune

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

fateamenabletochange
KVRAF

3121 posts since 13 Jul, 2003, from outer rim

Postby fateamenabletochange; Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:38 am "chill moonrise" ambient tune

Mountain Ridge and Moon ll by fate atc, on Flickr

"chill moonrise" ambient tune

7 instances of Zebra and some hardware, played with 3 controllers/keyboards on 16 tracks, performance style.

13.58 MB 7 min 34 sec at 256 kbps

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9504745/chill%20moonrise.mp3

or top of the player at http://www.reverbnation.com/fateatc

any comments or feedback appreciated, and thank you to anybody that might have a listen.

I have a second version below now added that I hope is a little better.
Last edited by fateamenabletochange on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seismic1
KVRAF

7388 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:02 pm

Some lovely synth sounds on here, fatc. They suited the title, as did the music. Very enjoyable late-night listening, with a slightly more eerie, mysterious feel than usual.

Good work :)
polyslax
KVRAF

8095 posts since 11 Dec, 2003, from Canada

Postby polyslax; Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:08 pm

Gorgeous piece fate! Super serene without being static... beautiful sweeping pads and gentle motions. :tu:
Image Image
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

9582 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:15 pm

Great harmony and pads!

I would have thrown in one or two textures additionally, but apart from that it sounds really mysterious and nice...and sad... :)
fateamenabletochange
KVRAF

Postby fateamenabletochange; Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:00 pm

thanks very much seismic, polyslax and trickyloops.

I wasn't sure about this, so I have added another take below. The first seemed to be close to being too blowy in the mids.

So this is 8 instances of Zebra, prophet 08, JX10 and mopho, balance done a little differently.

"moonrise"

Ahem, a little longer at 8 min 11 sec 15.01 MB at 256 kbps

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9504745/moonrise.mp3

Mountain Ridge and Moon l by fate atc, on Flickr
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

Postby Tricky-Loops; Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:09 pm

The first version is actually more boomy, but I like it more than your second version. The second version sounds a bit too much "cleaned up"... :?
Trakstar
Banned

Postby Trakstar; Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:25 pm

Tricky-Loops wrote:The first version is actually more boomy, but I like it more than your second version. The second version sounds a bit too much "cleaned up"... :?

hello, I take it your a bit grumpy today. Just dropped by to say hello cos dont see you round much these days(timeline+stuff). Anyway just saying Hi before Im off, and thats my emoticon when youve finished. I took your advice and wrote to mr ben KVR about letting me into private meetings, making me a mod and expanding the emoticons. I have recently found jancivil and have initiated first contact, what advice would you offer at this point :help: :hihi:
fateamenabletochange
KVRAF

Postby fateamenabletochange; Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:39 pm

Tricky-Loops wrote: The second version sounds a bit too much "cleaned up"... :?

hhhmmm, did a relisten, and yes, this is probably why I like the second version.

thanks very much for your thoughts tricky loops, and for taking the time, appreciated. :)
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

Postby Tricky-Loops; Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:42 pm

Trakstar wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:The first version is actually more boomy, but I like it more than your second version. The second version sounds a bit too much "cleaned up"... :?
I have recently found jancivil and have initiated first contact, what advice would you offer at this point :help: :hihi:

Hi Trackstar, I've seen you're working hard to get banned again...:hihi:

Regarding jancivil, you should be able to stand personal defamations and being called a straw man, and you have to read very long posts mixed with information and defamation (isn't it getting "deformation" then?). I've found better sorts of entertainment...:wink:

But now, take a few minutes and listen to the great "Moonrise"...:)
Last edited by Tricky-Loops on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trakstar
Banned

Postby Trakstar; Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:44 pm

Tricky-Loops wrote:
Trakstar wrote:
I have recently found jancivil and have initiated first contact, what advice would you offer at this point :help: :hihi:

Hi Trackstar, I've seen you're working hard to get banned again...:hihi:

Regarding jancivil, you should be able to stand personal defamations and being called a straw man, and you have to read very long posts mixed with information and defamation (isn't it getting "deformation" then?).

But now, take a few minutes and listen to the great "Moonrise"...:)

Ive just got it from jace bios so im logging off now, well see if i am still here tomorrow, by the way I told jace bios to tell jancivil it was your idea for me to pester him or her :wink:
experimental.crow
KVRAF

4903 posts since 9 Mar, 2003

Postby experimental.crow; Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:57 pm

ethereal ...
rarified as the atmosphere depicted ...
fateamenabletochange
KVRAF

Postby fateamenabletochange; Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:09 pm

thanks normal, and it is zebra that I am stuck on for that kind of sound.
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

Postby Tricky-Loops; Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:16 pm

fateamenabletochange wrote:thanks normal, and it is zebra that I am stuck on for that kind of sound.

Zzz...Zebra...And I thought you were stuck on a Camel or a great Diva... :hihi:
seismic1
KVRAF

7388 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:06 pm

I didn't notice any problem when I listened to the original last night, but your repost gave me an excuse to listen again. I had no problems with this either, but I really like the mix of sounds on here (not this version specifically).

Good work :)
Last edited by seismic1 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fateamenabletochange
KVRAF

Postby fateamenabletochange; Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:52 pm

thanks for checking out the second version seismic, glad you liked it.
Next

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe