TX16Wx Software Sampler 2.0 Beta Released - Announching TX16Wx Professional (Updated 2012-10-19)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's not a bug, but would you consider at some point having each window save its own maximized/minimized settings? For example, keeping the browser window open in the keyboard mapper but closed in the sample editor. I'm a customization freak...
Awesome job sir!

In the AEG panel, I am not sure the Decay1 / Level1 is working
-- I set the controls to 0ms, 290ms, 1, 0,ms 0.17, 0ms and the sounds drops to the Sustain level (0.17) immediately

Some "ADLDSR" settings give prominent click in the sample sound. For example:
-- 0ms, 290ms, 0.21, 0ms, 0.79, 0ms
-- 0ms, 766ms, 0.28, 0ms, 0.41, 68ms

Others gave an initial "gulping" or "sucking" sound, e.g.
-- 0ms, 2.58s, 0.94, 3ms, 0.60, 68ms (the sample itself is several seconds long)

And I think that the knob label for "level1" would make more sense (to me anyway) if it were "level2"; "level1" is the sample's original level.

----------------
I added a loop for one sample, but, on pressing the trigger key on my keyboard, the sound did not loop, just played straight through. The same occurred when I click the [>] button in the Sampler. Is there something else I need to do to activate looping? Maybe I missed it in the user guide.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

i reported a bug earlier when using single cycle waveforms (akwf something). When i tried it now, it all worked so you must have fixed it somehow in a later release ... good job! :)
:hug:

DarkStar wrote:In the AEG panel, I am not sure the Decay1 / Level1 is working
-- I set the controls to 0ms, 290ms, 1, 0,ms 0.17, 0ms and the sounds drops to the Sustain level (0.17) immediately

Some "ADLDSR" settings give prominent click in the sample sound. For example:
-- 0ms, 290ms, 0.21, 0ms, 0.79, 0ms
-- 0ms, 766ms, 0.28, 0ms, 0.41, 68ms

Others gave an initial "gulping" or "sucking" sound, e.g.
-- 0ms, 2.58s, 0.94, 3ms, 0.60, 68ms (the sample itself is several seconds long)

And I think that the knob label for "level1" would make more sense (to me anyway) if it were "level2"; "level1" is the sample's original level.

----------------
I added a loop for one sample, but, on pressing the trigger key on my keyboard, the sound did not loop, just played straight through. The same occurred when I click the [>] button in the Sampler. Is there something else I need to do to activate looping? Maybe I missed it in the user guide.
I will check your ADSR issues.
As for loops, if you add a loop after a sample is mapped, you need to enable it in the split (the first loop is automatically assigned on mapping if it exists, but not on creation of new loops). Either go to the split and select the loop (group list, expand for splits), or you can also use the "assign loop" command in the sample view to assign the current loop to all mappings.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Just a small ping to let everyone know that CWI now has its own forum at KVR.

Feel free to use this for discussions and suggestions.

On the current status: I've tracked down the sources of memory leaks and fixed them. The next release should feel a lot snappier. I'm currently working to address feature requests.

Net beta is scheduled for this weekend.
Cheers
/C
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

elcallio wrote:Just a small ping to let everyone know that CWI now has its own forum at KVR.

Cheers
/C
Cool for YOU :D
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote:
elcallio wrote:Just a small ping to let everyone know that CWI now has its own forum at KVR.

Cheers
/C
Cool for YOU :D
what an odd thing to write .. or did i miss SOMETHING?
:hug:

elcallio wrote:As for loops, if you add a loop after a sample is mapped, you need to enable it in the split (the first loop is automatically assigned on mapping if it exists, but not on creation of new loops). Either go to the split and select the loop (group list, expand for splits), or you can also use the "assign loop" command in the sample view to assign the current loop to all mappings.
Got it, that's the bit I missed - it loops fine now. Thank you. All I have to do is sort out my loop points to avoid a click - Yes I did jump to the zero crossings.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

the zero crossings.
By the way, when trimming a sampled loop, is there a "find and go to zero-crossing" feature ?
(if not, consider this a FR ;)

This thing is utterly amazing, finally a full blown soundfont/SFZ player and mangler!!! Ready to shell out at least for the minimum shareware version!

Just a little thing, sorry if it was already reported (beta14): ctrl-clicking pan and vol controls deselectes the channel beside resetting the control.

Do you think it's possible a portable (ie no setup) version?

Please keep on with this beast, it's a winner!!!

(Hope one day it gets DFD too :))

- Mario

mabian wrote:This thing is utterly amazing, finally a full blown soundfont/SFZ player and mangler!!! Ready to shell out at least for the minimum shareware version!

Just a little thing, sorry if it was already reported (beta14): ctrl-clicking pan and vol controls deselectes the channel beside resetting the control.

Do you think it's possible a portable (ie no setup) version?

Please keep on with this beast, it's a winner!!!

(Hope one day it gets DFD too :))

- Mario
Thanks for the bug report. It will be fixed.
As for non-installer, for various reasons I will probably not provide a non-installer package, but otoh, TX16Wx is fully relocatable, i.e. you can copy your VSTi folder if you need. No registry entries etc needed.
Cheers
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

New update relased:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5104408

Please put comments etc in the CWI forum.
Cheers
/C
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Tried the beta

Found some problems, things I didn't understand/like.

1. if you add 2 of the same samples, you get a "may getting a saving problem" type message, you may want to actually have the same samples next to each other, with different start points for example.

2. the digits that you drag up and down on the bars below keygroups(to tune/pitch and others), if you have more than 1 sample keygroup, it is hard to change one without changing the other bars digits.

3. why is normal not default for stretched keygroups?

4. in the wave editor, the wave doesn't appear straight away, you have to click something??!!

5 got some glitches with start and stop point of samples, the flags got broken and all over the places.

6. couldn't duplicate/copy/paste sample to next key for different editing.

7. when you drag sample from browser over keygroup editor it goes like 3 keys wide then when it drops reverts to it's correct 1 key, this makes placement confusing, it should be one note wide when dragging across for simplicity/ease.

8. Keygrouping/Keyboard notes not wide enough, too fiddly.

Cubase 5.1. 32bit(Because of Plugiator issues with 5.5*), W7.

I've got Halion 3, Halion 4 and Kontakt 4 installed and still use Halion 3 for it's simplicity, Halion 4 is still bemusing me - need to study a video.

So I was looking for a simple modern alternative to Halion 3 as that is getting old and may not work in the future on my next DAW/PC!

PM me for more details, I will boot it up and be more specific for any thing you need to know.

Cheers!

:)

breakmixer wrote:Tried the beta

Found some problems, things I didn't understand/like.

1. if you add 2 of the same samples, you get a "may getting a saving problem" type message, you may want to actually have the same samples next to each other, with different start points for example.
For start points, you might want to check out the wave start parameter of the group. Also, you can use slices to play only a part of a wave in a split (mapping).
The warning you mention is because samples are resolved by file path, thus if you load the same file twice, then edit it and save with the same name as another file, you will have a conflict. If you only work within your DAW and never save perfomance/program to disk, this will in some cases not be a problem, but once you start building a sound library you will run into conflicts if you use the same file path with different content (i.e one will overwrite the other).
If you need different versions of the same sample, you should probably save the other one as a different name.
breakmixer wrote: 2. the digits that you drag up and down on the bars below keygroups(to tune/pitch and others), if you have more than 1 sample keygroup, it is hard to change one without changing the other bars digits.
? Are you saying that you find the fields to small, or?
breakmixer wrote: 3. why is normal not default for stretched keygroups?
? "streched keygroups"? what do you mean? And which normal? Trigger or tune? And in both cases, normal is always default, unless you map non-pitched material (samples without root keys), which wil be assumed to be drums, and mapped without pitch.
breakmixer wrote: 4. in the wave editor, the wave doesn't appear straight away, you have to click something??!!
The wave editor displays the (last) selected wave. If none is selected, nothing is shown, no.
breakmixer wrote: 5 got some glitches with start and stop point of samples, the flags got broken and all over the places.
Here you will have to be more specific, and also it would be good to know which version you are running. There are a lot of fixes for stuff in b15, released 2012-10-19. If you are running an earlier drop you might experience issues after a while of editing. Otherwise, I'd very much like to hear a more specific description of the problem, and preferably repro instructions.
breakmixer wrote: 6. couldn't duplicate/copy/paste sample to next key for different editing.
Again, I don't quite understand what you mean. To create a different mapping of a sample you can either
* Drag the sample again from either file browser (just say no to load new) or sample list to the mapper
* Select the group and do "duplicate" (or alt-drag in the group list), the move lo/hi keys etc.
breakmixer wrote: 7. when you drag sample from browser over keygroup editor it goes like 3 keys wide then when it drops reverts to it's correct 1 key, this makes placement confusing, it should be one note wide when dragging across for simplicity/ease.
On the other hand, if the sample is pitched, the mapping will most likely be wider that 3 keys. The samples are not loaded and checked for range before the drop is done, so the group shown is more to be clearly visible.
You can set explicit range for the created group by first dragging to your desired lo key, then press and hold shift while dragging to set the high key.
breakmixer wrote: 8. Keygrouping/Keyboard notes not wide enough, too fiddly.
Zoom. The +/- keys on the scrollbars.

Cheers
/C
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

elcallio wrote:
? Are you saying that you find the fields to small, or?
Saying they are too close.

Say you pull down the digit above, the one below can be affected.

Say you pull up the digit below, the one above can be affected.

The Start/End flags(Lines) to crop the samples are glitching, only downloaded the beta the other day. not sure which version offhand.

Obviously alot of thing I don't understand, is their a manual?

Return to “Instruments”