Step Sequencers in VST format. Are there any?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pdxindy wrote:
KevWestBeats wrote:Thank you for the replies. I am on windows 7 64 bit I am looking for something specific to trigger say a drum sound I have in Sylenth or something else of that nature that I can run inside of Live. Energy XT seems to be a complete DAW of its own I am checking out Thysis now.
You have Live... Use the Racks... There are the Drum Racks, Instrument Racks, and use midi clips... You have a remarkable tool right there already
How does that help me have a drum machine style step sequencer? That's what I am looking for directly in Live to trigger some of my other vsts specifically Addictive Drums.

Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

KevWestBeats wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
KevWestBeats wrote:Thank you for the replies. I am on windows 7 64 bit I am looking for something specific to trigger say a drum sound I have in Sylenth or something else of that nature that I can run inside of Live. Energy XT seems to be a complete DAW of its own I am checking out Thysis now.
You have Live... Use the Racks... There are the Drum Racks, Instrument Racks, and use midi clips... You have a remarkable tool right there already
How does that help me have a drum machine style step sequencer? That's what I am looking for directly in Live to trigger some of my other vsts specifically Addictive Drums.
That's exactly what a midi clip is. It's a sequencer to trigger plug-ins like addictive Drums. You can set the grid size, enter velocities, enter midi automation values. You've got a little pencil tool to draw in quickly. And when you use a drum rack, the names of the drum cells show up on the left of it just like a drum sequencer. And you can have infinite sequences on your track. It is the best sequencer available. You can use sylenth1 or any other vst on a single drum cell.

There is nothing else that will give you the flexibility of what you already have in live clips.

The only reason I use Maschine instead is because of the hands on control and live's instant mapping limitation of the 8 macro knobs for an entire drum rack. But the midi clips are still awesome for drums, especially if you have an ipad with Griid. Then you can draw your sequences by hand.

also, if you're using live you could get max4live and get a bunch of really amazing sequencers, not to mention every other kind of modulator and audio effect, for free download here

http://www.maxforlive.com/index.php

KevWestBeats wrote:
pdxindy wrote:

A Midi clip with a drum rack IS a drum machine step sequencer... I mentioned it cause you already have that functionality right at hand and if you have not made use of it, you ought to try it and see how it works for you. Some people still like having a sequencer as evidenced by all the sequencers in M4L.

I also use Geist, but that is more because of its great sampling. It is so easy to sample my synths right to pads in Geist.

If you are on a Mac, nothing comes close to Five12's Numerology!

Kirnu Cream...

is OT on mac?!

if so, then numerology http://www.five12.com/

there is nothing better...

(but no vst - but theres an au "bridge")

on windows there are plenty... start at xoxos.net

I am on PC but this issue has been resolved. I have Maschine now so no step sequencer is needed thanks for the replies though

engine wrote:is OT on mac?!

if so, then numerology http://www.five12.com/

there is nothing better...

(but no vst - but theres an au "bridge")

on windows there are plenty... start at xoxos.net
There is a numerology VST

dave dove wrote:Loomer are working on something that may help PC users lusting for numerology:
Actually, I guess I could tease you with a few more details, and a (more or less) finished look at one of the parts.

The next product is called Epoch, and it's a modular sequencing environment. Think Thesys + Reaktor. At the most basic level, you have a massively powerful set of step sequencers, with all the nice features you'd expect (forward, reverse, pendulum playback modes; grooves; step repeat and skip, and a huge amount more). But you can also modulate each sequencer with every other sequencer; a pair of CV rows could be used to control the start and end loop markers of another sequencer, for example, or could slowly step through a numbers of keys and scales (which can be fully customised, fans of the Mela Sadvidhamargini scale will be pleased to hear).

But if that isn't enough, you can also dive in at a lower level and start creating your own sequencers, arpeggiators, generators, and processors. Presented below is the Routing Window (actually, it's a macro, within a macro, within the Routing window). Here, we're seeing the core logic for a little neural net influenced generative sequencer I'm playing with. This macro can be copied and re-used as required: in fact, this particular generator uses 8 of these. Also note the Lua module and script editor: sometimes, connecting components together to form complex functional blocks is a little cumbersome: for these occasions, you can code your own module logic directly using the built-in Lua scripting environment.

[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-2g9h ... /epoch.png

Audio Unit users will also be pleased to hear that it hosts plug-ins directly, so there are no pains with IAC's dodgy MIDI timing when used in Logic. Epoch will be available for Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows.

Next teaser will be the sequencer window itself, but that will, I'm afraid, have to wait until another day!
[/img]
Holy shit, Ive been waiting for something like this for frigging years :D
Amazon: why not use an alternative

No VST but rewire

http://www.raxntrax.com/
Amazon: why not use an alternative

well, maybe the most advanced is: FL Studio

(it is both a host and a vsti)

not one mention of mine.:(

Return to “Instruments”