OMG the xln audio installer is amazing i wish EVERYTHING would work this way!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WOW!

SO it's so smart that i redownloaded the small installer file now that i have upgraded from the free addictive keys to the paid one, and it told me to just use the downloader already in my apps folder.

duh! so i launched that, and it was automatically logged in, and checked to make sure everything was currently hunky dory, and it just KNEW precisely what needed to be installed now that i registered everything in the account but i still had choice over what to actually install.

I LOVE it and i am getting my adsl connection's absolute max speed (1,700 kbps)

why can't more products use such a fast download server and intelligently keep everything up to date like this? :?

it's failed about 4 times fpr me over the last day since I bought AK. Connection failure or something, but the network has been fine. Otherwise I think the installer is pretty good.

oh ok that's a shame..
one thing i didn't like that happened after i posted was i stopped one of the downloads as i wanted to restart the machine and when i went back to it it didn't resume. It had to start downloading from the start.. this needs to be addressed

The online installer tried installing Addicitive Drums although I have it installed already from several years a go. I stopped the installation somewhere in the middle (or was it trying to download AD which I don't know why if I already have it). Anyway, I'm suspicious of it and think it is not clear enough as to what's it's going to install and why.

Yeah, it's good. I'm also on a mac, perhaps that's the difference. But I have to say that Audiobro's installer is also good, and Continuata (it's a 3rd party installer) worked just as well for me. There are some developers who get it...

works flawlessly here!

Yeh, awesome - I'm trying to authorize installation on my never-online-music-computer and it's a complete, non-working, pain in the ass, even following the instructions to the letter.
If this is the future of authorizing, it can f**k right off and leave me with the iLok/eLicenser/serial, thanks.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

Installer looks nice but what made me :x is that I could not choose installation folder for library...

Doesn't use the full bandwidth I have here over cable (1.4 MB/s). Uses only a quarter of it...

Don't like it.

... it uninstalled Retro when I DL the free piano thingy... weak. On the upside... it reached some stupidly amazing fast speeds on the reinstall, so not all bad I guess.
Last edited by GeorgeZ on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eternitysound VST Banks

Just wasted 20mins of my time copying files as required to
/Users/Library/Application Support/Addictive Keys [folder, user files]
/Library/Application Support/XLN Audio/Addictive Keys [folder, main installation]
etc etc

Nada, nothing - Addictive Keys just sits there jumping up and down in the dock.
C/R is of the devil.

re_mute wrote:Just wasted 20mins of my time copying files as required to
/Library/Application Support/XLN Audio/Addictive Keys [folder, main installation]
etc etc

C/R is of the devil.
You know that should be /Users/YOUR_USERNAME_HERE/Library/..., or ~/Library/..., right?

FLWrd wrote:
re_mute wrote:Just wasted 20mins of my time copying files as required to
etc etc

C/R is of the devil.
You know that should be /Users/YOUR_USERNAME_HERE/Library/..., or ~/Library/..., right?
Thanks, yeh, everything is where I should be.
It's one level of inconvenience to have an installer to use on a different computer and then transfer an authorization code - this, this is a whole other level of abstraction that will suit those who are connected 24/7 but for those of us who never put our work computers online... I mean you don't even "own" the installer files.

yairhol wrote:The online installer tried installing Addicitive Drums although I have it installed already from several years a go. I stopped the installation somewhere in the middle (or was it trying to download AD which I don't know why if I already have it). Anyway, I'm suspicious of it and think it is not clear enough as to what's it's going to install and why.
That's been my experience.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Thanks for the feedback!

We are currently testing a version that allows you to choose install paths for both AD and AK, as well as moving an existing installation.

- If the OI wants to download/update AD it could be either that some smaller files need updating (should be fairly quick) or possibly a large file if the installed version is from one of the early v1.0 DVDs. If possible let it finish, sorry for the inconvenience there!

- About the Retro being uninstalled: We haven't seen a case where it removes products that you have in your account. I guess it could happen if you for some reason have 2 accounts with us, with Retro in another account than AD..? Please just contact support and we can merge those accounts. In general, the products listed in the Installer should match what you own, so if it doesn't, contact support.

And if you have any other issues, please contact support as well!

Best,
/Lars
www.xlnaudio.com - makers of Addictive Drums & Addictive Keys

Return to “Instruments”