Sylenth1 Windows 8 not working (fixed)

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm in the process of installing Windows 7 again... I'm keeping Windows 8 on my SSD and installing 7 on my Spinpoint F3...

Once /if things have been fixed on Windows 8 I can ditch 7, until then....

I upgraded to Windows 8 at the weekend, and I'm fairly certain that Sylenth was working properly at the time.

To anyone with this issue, have you tried installing Sylenth outside of the "Program Files" folder structure? Since Windows Vista, I've had some odd application behaviour in the Program Files folder and have taken to installing applications and plugins outside of it - i.e. I have a "Music" folder on the root of my C: drive where I install all Music apps and plugins.

Also, I find it is always worth turning off UAC.

It might be worth a try...

Thanks andrew, i will try turning off the UAC as i said in some early post of mine.
I've installed Sylenth not in the default location. It is installed on another harddrive.

Okay i got more on this problem. The Sylenth is running for exactly 5 minutes without the demo sound. After 5 minutes the 60 seconds interval seems to start and the sound comes every minute.
I mailed Lennar these informations.
Last edited by ddcool on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

I'll have to try this tonight as I only tested briefly.

Bit of an issue if it doesn't work...

I've now installed Windows 7 again so I get the choice to start either 8 or 7 at boot.

Best of both worlds really, my 7 partition will be solely for making music whilst 8 will be for anything else.

This is until 8 is supported more by the likes of Lennard (if that ever happens)

Interestingly it was giving me the thank you for trying this demo message straight off the bat when I was loading an older project - well my most recent one started in W7.

However, when I started a new FL project I loaded Sylenth up on a track, put some pads down and then played a loop for about 3-5 minutes. No demo message.

As soon as I alt tabbed to view Firefox (or basically to the desktop) I got the demo message.

I've turned UAC off and also modified the relevant registry key to '0' so the UAC is definitely off.

There's something bugging and triggering it off alright.

Being that we've all lined Lennard's pockets with £130 each I think the respectable thing to do would be at least to acknowledge this on his website and let us know if he's working on a fix or not.

It's something that he should definitely be doing imo.

Okay, I spoke too soon earlier. It plays the "Thank you for trying this demo" message for me too. :(

I'll email support tomorrow.

Yes, it's not working with Windows 8. Have the same problem and mailed also Lennard (without feedback). License name is displayed and it's not in demo mode but this demo voice.
Let's hope that Lennard has some idea what is going wrong. If not, this is the end of Sylenth1 on PC.

But where does it say Windows8 is supported? :shrug:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

With all his years of active development (or so he says) and very little updates, he should have already had this problem sorted.

Sylenth works fine here on a Windows 8 32 bit laptop in Ableton Live.

I'm quite certain that it also works on my Windows 8 64 bit desktop pc, otherwise I would install the 32 bit version of Windows 8, or even go back to Vista. It's one of my favorite synths.

Got response from Lennard yesterday.
He knows about the problem and is working on a fix.
Let us hope he will be ready soon.
Can everyone test the 32 & 64 bit version and inform about results here?!

I've tested both 32 and 64bit... Both the same.

The problem for Lennard is is that if he doesn't fix it he'll be losing a lot of money...

Let's say "Bob" has just bought a Windows 8 PC and next week he decides to get into Music Production for the first time, he joins KVR or any of the multitude of forums where there are topics on Sylenth not working with Windows 8 and he decides (obviously) not to buy it and instead invest in Native Instrument's Massive or something else instead.

Ergo, no more money for Lennard.

Surely with it just being a Demo voice it should NOT be hard to implement a fix for it. We're not talking about the actual program crashing in Windows 8.... we're just talking about a stupid voice playing on licensed, paid for Sylenths!

Return to “LennarDigital”