What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Garbage - Automatic Systematic Habit - Drumstep vs DnB Remix

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Lady J
KVRAF

1814 posts since 4 Apr, 2002, from Seattle, WA, USA

Postby Lady J; Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:28 pm Garbage - Automatic Systematic Habit - Drumstep vs DnB Remix

I just finished this and would be interested in your feedback, particularly if you are a fan of either genre, or just like Garbage.

http://archive.org/download/Garbage-Aut ... sRemix.mp3
ouroboros
KVRAF

7870 posts since 16 Apr, 2003, from -on the outside looking in

Postby ouroboros; Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 pm

Hi Lady J,
Hope all is well. Friday nite must've been a tough sell.
As for my input - take it w/ a grain of salt. I like Garbage, dubstep not as much.

It might be the encoding, but the levels were kind of distorting for for me, esp at the beginning. Also, I would like some more panning involved. It sounds like most percs are mono'd and the synths go wide.

It is a really frenetic piece, but straight down the rails. I would love for filter sweeps that were a bit longer, and I could go for the dnb rhythms to be brought out more; a tough task given the fullness of the song.

The structure of it missed me at first - it's fast and the drops aren't pronounced so it feels a bit like a rush from the beginning to end. I am sure my ear was anticipating the Garbage Structure. I really loved the house-y stabs,too. They surprised me.

Hope that's worth reading. Good job keeping the elements clear and adding some interesting figures. I enjoy your offerings.
xoxos
Mr Entertainment

10623 posts since 29 Apr, 2002, from i might peeramid

Postby xoxos; Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:29 am

truth
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha xoxos.net free vst. neither a follower nor a leader be
tagore "where roads are made i lose my way"
Lady J
KVRAF

1814 posts since 4 Apr, 2002, from Seattle, WA, USA

Postby Lady J; Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:43 am

ouroboros wrote:Hi Lady J,
Hope all is well. Friday nite must've been a tough sell.
As for my input - take it w/ a grain of salt. I like Garbage, dubstep not as much.

It might be the encoding, but the levels were kind of distorting for for me, esp at the beginning. Also, I would like some more panning involved. It sounds like most percs are mono'd and the synths go wide.

It is a really frenetic piece, but straight down the rails. I would love for filter sweeps that were a bit longer, and I could go for the dnb rhythms to be brought out more; a tough task given the fullness of the song.

The structure of it missed me at first - it's fast and the drops aren't pronounced so it feels a bit like a rush from the beginning to end. I am sure my ear was anticipating the Garbage Structure. I really loved the house-y stabs,too. They surprised me.

Hope that's worth reading. Good job keeping the elements clear and adding some interesting figures. I enjoy your offerings.

Thank you very very much for your feedback. I will go back to work on it using your input and maybe post another version of it next month.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe