JB Red Phatt Pro Versions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ENV1 wrote:Theres a certain aggressiveness in there that can be extremely detrimental on some material.
Perhaps it's picky about the level that's sent to it? Might play around with it some more when I get a spare moment.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

I'll go ahead and bump this thread -This plugin sounds FANTASTIC, but it's a little complicated to use -Anybody know how to use the thing? Ha!

Seriously, though... Wish there was a tutorial somewhere... Lot's of vids, but no one actually talking about the thing...
Last edited by tmaworks on Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Agreed. I miss this guy in 64 bit, one of my most so. Very configurable. IIRC it does expansion very aggressively as well. Your next best bet IMO is this guy:

https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/h ... s-control/

Basically,

Ratio 1 Positive = Compression above threshold
Ratio 1 Negative = Hella Expansion above threshold

Ratio 2 Positive = Limiting(?) below threshold
Ratio 2 Negative = Gating below threshold

Max Gain IIRC kind of sets the degree to which the given curve is active, so you can tame the whole thing a little if you want.
The rest of the settings are pretty standard, but I don't have another compressor that can do all this at once as this one did.

Debutante wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:11 am Agreed. I miss this guy in 64 bit, one of my most so. Very configurable. IIRC it does expansion very aggressively as well. Your next best bet IMO is this guy:

https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/h ... s-control/

Basically,

Ratio 1 Positive = Compression above threshold
Ratio 1 Negative = Hella Expansion above threshold

Ratio 2 Positive = Limiting(?) below threshold
Ratio 2 Negative = Gating below threshold

Max Gain IIRC kind of sets the degree to which the given curve is active, so you can tame the whole thing a little if you want.
The rest of the settings are pretty standard, but I don't have another compressor that can do all this at once as this one did.
Dude, thanks for chiming in! -And thanks for the link, as well!

The Red Phatt thing is just SPECTACULAR -I was messing around throwing a bunch of free plugins on my vocals just to see what happened and boy was this an unexpected surprise! Gave them a serious lift!

I'm going to be messing around with this more over the coming days. And, yeah -64 bit would be SWEET!!! Reaper has the bridge for 32 bit plugins, so I guess I really don't mind that much??

Return to “Effects”