November Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think 3 minutes is too long already, we used to have 2 minute limit, that was alright. In the first contest I joined we had over 80 entries, now imagine that everyone submitted 5 minute entry at 256kbps, that equals to 720MB download and nearly 7 hours listening time.

Zombie Queen wrote:I think 3 minutes is too long already
:shock:

I tend to not write anything to a time constraint normally, and think it's great when that limit is lifted.

I do like the fact that there are constraints, so not a big deal at all - would like to see a long time limit sometime though - how about a minimum time it has to run for? :hihi:

mellotronaut wrote:
GMoneh wrote:But that also precludes the interesting and awesome stuff that gets arbitrarily cut short. For repetitive and boring, even 3 minutes is too long.
we had a 2 min limit once. :-o :wink:
There was a 1 min limit once.

farlukar wrote:
mellotronaut wrote:
GMoneh wrote:But that also precludes the interesting and awesome stuff that gets arbitrarily cut short. For repetitive and boring, even 3 minutes is too long.
we had a 2 min limit once. :-o :wink:
There was a 1 min limit once.
There was one month with a 30 minute limit too...

farlukar wrote:There was a 1 min limit once.
nice
"It dreamed itself along"

I like the discipline imposed by a time limit of 3 mins and would vote to keep this
I'd like to increase the mp3 rate to 320kbps though

Oh, and my percussion track is 4/4 120bpm

My track runs at 4/4 106 bpm.

Cheers,
g7

Ok looks like I didn't specify time signature for mine, although it is obvious ;)

4/4 - (I always work in 4/4)...

- well except when I do something like happy birthday... (3/4)

I'm not too hot on the theory of these things but I think mine has sections in 4/4, 6/8, 7/8 and 5/8 at 140bpm, then accelerating to 185bpm whilst alternating 6/8 7/8

Mine claims to be 134 bpm
within a 4/4 sig in the key of "deliberatly offkey and naturally N.C." :wink:"

To confuse :cry: things I put a background beat of 74 bpm behind the front one :hihi:
Heinrich Heine wrote: "Nothing is more futile than theorizing about music."
Me write: "I have no talent and regularly prove it in the Music Cafe contests"

New (and working, I hope) link up for Emerald Tablet's submission.

I'll try to get to the bpm/time signature stuff later.
No longer a moderator.

Well, it looks a bit ugly and possibly a little confusing, but I added the bpm and time signature info. I'll have to mess around with formatting over the next day or two.
No longer a moderator.

Oh, and I have no plans to change the time limit, with possible exceptions (in either direction) here and there.
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:Well, it looks a bit ugly and possibly a little confusing, but I added the bpm and time signature info. I'll have to mess around with formatting over the next day or two.
Mine is in 4/4, 140bpm (except of a short bridging part).

Welcome to the KVR Developer Challenge 2012, the fourth free-for-all audio plug-in / audio application / soundware design event!
The deadline for entries has passed and we are now in the release stage. Below you'll find the 55 entries for KVR DC12 - the best turnout yet! 49 run on Windows, 7 on Mac OS X and 6 are Soundware for other products.
If you happen to be one of those who think that having too many choices is a bad thing, then I guess you should be using a Mac or "other product". :hihi:

Just to reiterate what I told DH Miltz via pm, mU , like any other "music" I have entered into Music Cafe contests, is free for anyone to use for "non-commercial" purposes. Whether required by the month's theme or not, an acknowledgment is always nice but even better would be a description of how the material was used. :wink:

Return to “Music Cafe”