Tone2 Rayblaster: OUT NOW! (demo version available)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RayBlaster

MaxSynths wrote:@Sendy:

Is this the same problem you are having?
http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=1352.0
Yes, that's it.. It seems it's designed to act like this. Automatic (non-legato) glide works fine but with legato glide it'll only glide *back* to a note, not to a new one. While it's a novel feature and gives interesting results, I'd much rather have the option to pick and choose which notes slide by my playing style.

LeVzi, thanks, but it seems Markus is already aware that some people don't like this. Hopefully they'll add standard legato slide mode in an update or something.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:
MaxSynths wrote:@Sendy:

Is this the same problem you are having?
http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=1352.0
Yes, that's it.. It seems it's designed to act like this. Automatic (non-legato) glide works fine but with legato glide it'll only glide *back* to a note, not to a new one. While it's a novel feature and gives interesting results, I'd much rather have the option to pick and choose which notes slide by my playing style.

LeVzi, thanks, but it seems Markus is already aware that some people don't like this. Hopefully they'll add standard legato slide mode in an update or something.
+1 for standard glide... though the other modes are cool too...

pdxindy wrote:
Repeating again and again that it works in Reaper is not helpful...
I just remembered that the mouse over feature worked in an earlier Beta version but this caused one or two problems (no details here but those problems seem to be Live specific...) so it was deactivated, but only in Ableton Live. That's all. I am no developer and no official representative of Tone2 so there are a few technical details that i am not allowed to talk about in a public forum like this. As a "non-developer" some things seem to be obvious or easy (quote: "this works in other plugins....") but in the real world not everything is as easy as it looks. You could be sure that Markus is neither stupid nor he ignores such things we discussed.
As already mentioned i could only speak about the Windows version of RAyblaster. Reaper was mentioned as it is the other host i use and there the feature works. I don't think that the information that this is host specific is useless.

Anyway i really think that this was discussed enough. After all it's also no problem that makes the plugin useless, especially as it is limited to a single
host.

I am getting tired with that topic so what about discussing this instead:
Ingonator wrote: The official demo song, two demos of myself and a video for the Futuron soundset are available here now:

http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=1378.0

This includes 26 presets and 50 new waveforms (49 done in DNR Wave Designer) from me. The soundset is not officially released yet but i guess it will be soon.
or this:
Ingonator wrote:Based on a KVR thread about FM synths i just had the idea to use FM8 to create some waveforms for Rayblaster. Started with just two OPs and even with that got some interesting results.
created a row of waveforms starting from C:M ratio of 1:0.25 up to 1:5 and now building a "wavetable" with crossfading (for use in Rayblaster) from this.

This helps both for getting more interesting waveforms and maybe to more understand some basic principles of FM. I'll maybe publish the first results/waveforms in this thread soon.

UPDATE:

Here are the first waveforms and one wavetable to see what i talk about:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53230726/IW_FM ... ms%201.zip

Those are created with just two operators in FM8 with quite simple parameters but the results are already quite interesting. When loaded into Rayblaster they will create their own "fantasy" filter response which leads to interesting result even the most simple one and you could combine up to 4 waveforms in a single Rayblaster preset.
All waveforms got around the same size which means they are not all "real" single cycles. If needed you could edit them yourself or just "zoom" into them inside Rayblaster using the harmonic value.

The file names show the settings used in FM:
- 50% = a FM amount of 50%
- 1M1C = 1 modulator, 1 carrier
- 2.00 ; 1 = a M/C ratio of 2.00 to 1.00
(semicolon used instead of double point as this is not available for file names)

The wavetable is constructed from all "50%" waveforms with some crossfading which was done in Steinberg Wavelab Elements 7.

UPDATE:
More waveforms with different Ratios and some "basic" waveforms created with FM added.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

LeVzi wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
LeVzi wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
LeVzi wrote:he's made it clear he's a disgruntled ex beta tester/sound designer for T2
Show me where i said that please.
You don't have to say it, it's pretty obvious from the way you are acting.
An assumption based on fantasy.
No, based on the fact that if anyone remotely cared, they could quite easily go back through the pages in this thread and see you trolling like a derranged child who cant get his own way. And you are still doing it. Seriously get a grip.
You cared enough to make accusation, but not come up with the evidence.. Typical. You need to get a grip.

Deleted for neatness
Last edited by LeVzi on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Pot, kettle.

Jog on taff.

@Levzi:

Would be nice if you could cut the quotes a bit. The thread looks like a mess with those long quotes. Thanks.

I do this some times too but i try to avoid it.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Sendy wrote:I'm having so much fun with this synth. I just can't stop making sounds for it and many of them feel quite "fresh" to my ears - i.e. something that would be difficult or impossible to produce on a traditional synth.
Cool, finally! Audios, please... I really would like to hear that. :)

Fritze wrote:
Sendy wrote:I'm having so much fun with this synth. I just can't stop making sounds for it and many of them feel quite "fresh" to my ears - i.e. something that would be difficult or impossible to produce on a traditional synth.
Hi,

you could find some new audios here for example:

Based on your comment it sounds like all other presets done for Rayblaster (including those in the factory content) are "crappy" and finally someone had made some you could like but without having listened to those presets.
Maybe the intentions of your post were different but that's how i understand it.

Besides that i would be interested too in hearing Rayblaster presets done by others than the official Tone2 sound designers.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

@Sendy ,

In the next Rayblaster update, there will be a new option for Classic Legato and will also keep the current one, so you'll get best of both worlds :)

Here is an experiment with a wavetable from 16 different Waves. Made with audio-term. Turn with the start parameter through the wavetable.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-695 ... s.fxp.html

it is a simple Patch like a Emu- Emulator. The morphing is not quite perfect.

Ingonator wrote:
Fritze wrote:
Hi,

Based on your comment it sounds like all other presets done for Rayblaster (including those in the factory content) are "crappy" and finally someone had made some you could like but without having listened to those presets.
Maybe the intentions of your post were different but that's how i understand it.

Besides that i would be interested too in hearing Rayblaster presets done by others than the official Tone2 sound designers.

Ingo
Äh, nö. Everything is cool, Ingo. :hug:
I was referring to the "impossible to produce on a traditional synth" statement. Rayblaster is advertised to do new things with a revolutionary new way of synthesis. I would like to hear the new and fresh sounds. Just that. And this is no comment regarding any quality of whatsoever. I'm interested in the new and fresh sounds capable only with this synth.

From the Tone2 website:

RayBlaster - a radically new form of synthesis!

Impulse Modelling Synthesis (IMS) is far more than a marketing buzzword - it represents a radically new and different approach in sound generation.
Based on the latest research in psychoacoustics, Tone2 RayBlaster unveils a completely new and unique world of sounds that is exclusive to RayBlaster and not possible with other synthesizers.

@Fritze: PM sent. Unwanted comments on U-he threads may follow.

Fritze wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
Fritze wrote:
Hi,

Ingo
Äh, nö. Everything is cool, Ingo. :hug:
I was referring to the "impossible to produce on a traditional synth" statement. Rayblaster is advertised to do new things with a revolutionary new way of synthesis. I would like to hear the new and fresh sounds. Just that. And this is no comment regarding any quality of whatsoever. I'm interested in the new and fresh sounds capable only with this synth.

From the Tone2 website:

RayBlaster - a radically new form of synthesis!

Impulse Modelling Synthesis (IMS) is far more than a marketing buzzword - it represents a radically new and different approach in sound generation.
Based on the latest research in psychoacoustics, Tone2 RayBlaster unveils a completely new and unique world of sounds that is exclusive to RayBlaster and not possible with other synthesizers.
LOL Right-o. So you aren't here sh!t stirring then ? Cos that is exactly what it looks like.

Return to “Instruments”