KAMIOOOKA, a new small modular synth by the great g200kg

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi folks,

just wanted to put up a praise thread for this nice little gem of a synth from g200kg, the founder of the mighty knob/skinman, which is an entry in the developer challenge 2012. as i didn't see any thread about it yet, well, here is it.
it's just so much fun to noddle around with it, it's dead easy and it eats almost no cpu power.
it sounds nothing really analog, but has a very nice character to it nonetheless, especially given the low cpu print...

get it here:

http://www.g200kg.com/en/software/kamioooka.html

and if you like it, consider to vote for it on the developer challenge!

btw, i'm not affiliated or whatever with g200kg, i just like to support the stuff he does, as i like it, and his work should be rewarded imo.
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

And please allow me to add... if you vote for it, make sure you give it the full 5-point rating! :wink: :love: :hihi:

(I also am not affiliated with g200kg but I am a long-time fan of his plugins and this new modular synth is quite cool...)

Win only it seems.
Image Image

Yes very low CPU indeed and seems solid too. I like the way the cables fade away below the mouse cursor. Automation works too although the parameter names are of course not too releveant. Looking forward to some BT patches for it.. ;)

If you love the big modular Roland 100m (used for example by hans Zimmer) ,you will definitely find resembles :D
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

Nice looking piece of kit. And quite good fun too. I like it.

yes, it is certainly 100% Win!

Looks great. Wish there was a Mac version.

I love the usability of the synth, but the sound isn't too much interesting for me!
God save the Groove!

well, the sound itself is, like i said, far from analog, it has a kind of a "cheap" sound to it, but in a good way. no doubt, there's room for improvement, it's still a bit limited, i already left a detailled feature request list at g200kg's forum here on kvr...
however, what i like at it is, besides the way you use/edit it, is that the character of this thing is quite different, so i wouldn't see a problem for it to cut through a mix... and after a while of tweaking it often does surprise me, the result is really usable, as long as you don't expect it to behave really analog... f.e. such things like creating a feedback within the filter module by feeding the module with its own output well be rewarded in nothing else than a horrible, phasing signal, that shoots through the roof... but there's really nice things you can do with it due to it's sheer mudularity. this is not to be underesthimated, imo... and you can do a _lot_, as the cpu usage is close to noneexistent...
but hey, that's just me... :)
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

maurone dj wrote:I love the usability of the synth, but the sound isn't too much interesting for me!
+1 I really liked the layout and workflow, but not the sound. Quickly went back to trying to work out Bazille :love:

well, i can see it to become a nice tool that i would use often actually, if g200kg adresses some issues i already posted as feature requests in his forum...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

zendorf wrote:
maurone dj wrote:I love the usability of the synth, but the sound isn't too much interesting for me!
+1 I really liked the layout and workflow, but not the sound. Quickly went back to trying to work out Bazille :love:
Kudos Roland.

But sounds like Neon. Before Steinberg upgraded it and set it free.

Remember, this site is called kvrAUDIO. The sound is ALL that matters.
None of the really dumb people I knew when I was young are young any more.

It's well know that brok is a perfect dummy in sound design.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

stanlea wrote:It's well know that brok is a perfect dummy in sound design.
And YOUR ears are telling you what?
None of the really dumb people I knew when I was young are young any more.

Return to “Instruments”