Logic Pro team decimated? [Answer: NO. See last post for link to new thread.]

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

itsDavidAbraham wrote:Hope it's not true:

http://www.macworld.co.uk/macsoftware/n ... mechandate
It's okay for you to post this crap since you don't have a clue about responsible journalism, but here's the source

Pro Tools Expert sources claim that...
Hmm, no mention of names.
Is this yet another job of typical responsible journalism?

It's funny reading on GS how Logic is "dead", apparently just because Apple doesn't talk publicly about their development plans and they're apparently in no real hurry to update it or to play the 18-24 month "Jones's" cycle game for major updates with the rest of the DAW industry, since they probably know whenever they do update it, at $199, it's gonna fly off the shelves anyway... and they certainly don't need the money anyway. :)

Much ado about nothing, imo, mmv.

Apple makes their own rules. We should all know that by now.

gabebrunogarza1021 wrote:
itsDavidAbraham wrote:Hope it's not true:

http://www.macworld.co.uk/macsoftware/n ... mechandate
It's okay for you to post this crap since you don't have a clue about responsible journalism, but here's the source

Pro Tools Expert sources claim that...
Hmm, no mention of names.
Is this yet another job of typical responsible journalism?

Responsible Jounalism? Does that exist any more? Who would even expect that. Lol

Well, if it's 'decimated' that means only 10% had been cut. So, there's still 90% a foot. :lol:

I'll get me' coat...

Last time I was on the Mac App store, I'm pretty certain that Logic was in the top grossing paid apps, so I doubt that Apple would be so quick to ditch it.

I'm in the Cubase/PC camp now, but I still miss Logic from time to time.

Im a bit crushed by this news.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:Im a bit crushed by this news.
Just this 1-bit of news?
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
Just this 1-bit of news?
well, yeah, that's logical.

There's definitely something going on there alright...Probably a shake up. But I doubt they will ever Abandon it.

It's just because there's a general lack of information about the whole Logic X thing. I'm sure they will get around to it eventually.

whyterabbyt wrote:
ZenPunkHippy wrote:
Just this 1-bit of news?
IMO a better sample rate is required lest we reach any distorted conclusions.

Robmobius wrote:There's definitely something going on there alright...Probably a shake up. But I doubt they will ever Abandon it.

It's just because there's a general lack of information about the whole Logic X thing. I'm sure they will get around to it eventually.
Apple ditching Logic would not only say "screw you" to 1000s if not millions of users, it would also affect 100s of developers who rely on OS X + Logic + Audio Units to make a living (not to mention and sample and loop library developers).

Apple may be evil at times, but I doubt they are evil enough to do that ... just sayin'.

Peace,
Andy.

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
ZenPunkHippy wrote:
Just this 1-bit of news?
IMO a better sample rate is required lest we reach any distorted conclusions.
Well it would clear up aNy quistions.

Robmobius wrote:Well, if it's 'decimated' that means only 10% had been cut. So, there's still 90% a foot. :lol:

I'll get me' coat...
There already was a considerable percentage of posts at the debunking page about what decimate means... :-D
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”