ValhallaVintageVerb 1.7.1. Two new reverb modes (Chaotic Hall, Chaotic Chamber)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaVintageVerb

valhallasound wrote:
sqigls wrote:I've just loaded up the windows machine, and it doesn't save the GUI size either. Both Live 8.3.4 and 8.4b9.

[Win7 x64]
Are you talking about the GUI size per instance in a saved session?

Sean Costello
Ah, saved session no, i will assume then that the size of the GUI is saved with the session and not into a text file or something?...
I just want to make VVV load to the smallest size GUI each time I load an instance of it.
Cheers, loving this verb!

Another VeeThree example. Arturia Minibrute running through one of the "Space" algorithms.

http://soundcloud.com/seancostello/mini ... ggio-space

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:Another VeeThree example. Arturia Minibrute running through one of the "Space" algorithms.

Sean Costello
nice
the space from around 2.08 is COOL

back drinking coffee :?: :hihi:
Last edited by Beatworld on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ah, so there is no problem. I have to say, I'd like to be able to set that size globally though. I'm guessing though that's not something easily done.

Beatworld wrote:
valhallasound wrote:Another VeeThree example. Arturia Minibrute running through one of the "Space" algorithms.

Sean Costello
nice
the space from around 2.08 is COOL

back drinking coffee :?: :hihi:
No caffeine for me whatsoever. I'm not coughing up nearly as much green crap as I was this weekend, so that's a plus! :D Don Gunn recorded the Minibrute sample. Honestly, I'm not sure if I like that synth. The filter is a little too erratic in behavior for me - and this is a guy that just spent 45 minutes slowly sweeping the freq and res knobs of his Monotron Duo*.

Sean Costello

* I'm REALLY EXCITED about the rumors that Korg will be introducing a reissue of the MS-20 in a slightly smaller case at NAMM 2013. But this might be just a rumor. Either way, getting a full fledged synth with a Korg35 filter in it would be amazing.

I've been too busy (and sick with a cold) to buy this yet, but in the little bit of time I've had with the demo, VeeThree has really impressed me. I find myself tending towards the 70's models the most. Its a truly beautiful sound!

I'm not sure if I would characterize the Minibrute filter as erratic. It seems predictable to me, but full of character. I think I actually prefer it to my real MS-20 with a Korg35 filter. :hihi:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:I've been too busy (and sick with a cold) to buy this yet, but in the little bit of time I've had with the demo, VeeThree has really impressed me. I find myself tending towards the 70's models the most. Its a truly beautiful sound!
I go between the 1970s and 1980s modes myself. In a mix, I'd probably prefer the 1970s mode for most uses. That top octave doesn't do much for me, when I hear it in an algorithmic reverb. Sometimes I like the sheen of the 1980s, for certain synth applications.
I'm not sure if I would characterize the Minibrute filter as erratic. It seems predictable to me, but full of character. I think I actually prefer it to my real MS-20 with a Korg35 filter. :hihi:
The Minibrute has character, to be sure, but I don't know if I like that character. I should give the synth another try, and keep the oscillator levels lower.

And I love love love that Korg 35 filter sound, at least in the low voltage permutations I have in my Monotrons and Monotribe. More aggressive than the Moog filter, but still very usable.

This thread reminds me that I need to send out a filter chip to another developer for their filter model. Other developer, if you are reading this, I was pretty sick all week, and didn't get to the post office. I'll send it out on Monday.

Sean Costello

Some field recordings I made destroyed by one of my Reaktor ensembles through the ambience algo (I love that one for "natural" spaces):

Without VVV
With VVV

:hihi:
My cat doesn't like the sound at all. If I ever have to make some monster noises for some found footage horror movie I now know how to do it though :hihi:

The preset:

Code: Select all

<ValhallaVintageVerb pluginVersion="1.0.0" presetName="Granular Soundscape Preset" Mix="0.363999993" PreDelay="0.125" Decay="0.338" Size="0.103" Attack="0.200000003" BassMult="0.565950155" BassXover="0.703999996" HighShelf="0.708000004" HighFreq="0.611999989" EarlyDiffusion="0.300000012" LateDiffusion="0.699999988" ModRate="0.497000009" ModDepth="0.100000001" HighCut="0.65200001" LowCut="0.0560000017" ColorMode="0.666666687" ReverbMode="0.291666657"/>
Cheers
Dennis

Ha! Interesting.

Not surprised about the cat :hihi:

What I meant was, the cats FREQUENTLY vamoose when I start clanking around. Amplified sounds are particularly unacceptable to them :hihi:

Bronto Scorpio wrote:Some field recordings I made destroyed by one of my Reaktor ensembles through the ambience algo (I love that one for "natural" spaces):

Without VVV
With VVV

My cat doesn't like the sound at all. If I ever have to make some monster noises for some found footage horror movie I now know how to do it though :hihi:

The preset:

Code: Select all

<ValhallaVintageVerb pluginVersion="1.0.0" presetName="Granular Soundscape Preset" Mix="0.363999993" PreDelay="0.125" Decay="0.338" Size="0.103" Attack="0.200000003" BassMult="0.565950155" BassXover="0.703999996" HighShelf="0.708000004" HighFreq="0.611999989" EarlyDiffusion="0.300000012" LateDiffusion="0.699999988" ModRate="0.497000009" ModDepth="0.100000001" HighCut="0.65200001" LowCut="0.0560000017" ColorMode="0.666666687" ReverbMode="0.291666657"/>
Cheers
Dennis
Sounds like some retro Runagate :wink: 8)

Although it did not wake my cat up, that was sleeping 8 feet away :shrug:

i see no other option then demo all verbs now...

Bronto Scorpio wrote:Some field recordings I made destroyed by one of my Reaktor ensembles through the ambience algo (I love that one for "natural" spaces):

Without VVV
With VVV
Listening to the dry example, I wouldn't think that it would work with reverb. I like the drama of the sound without any reverberance. Having said that, the Ambience mode totally *WORKS* for this sound.
There is something very organic about the granular sound, so I could see where a cat would not be a big fan.

It would be interesting to use the Attack control in the Ambience mode to crossfade between just a little bit of "air" (i.e. only the randomized early reflections) and a bit more late reverb decay. For the more active moments, I'd like to hear less reverb, but I like the spatialization that the early reflections create.

Sean Costello

Hey, what's the story vvv asked for my serial license again although it had already been authorised?!
It went to a 'pass dry audio' state until i hunted around and found the license file, is this gonna be a regular thing/requirement??

Return to “Effects”