I'm thinking of purchasing Traktor Kontrol S2. However, I want to make sure I fully know what I'm getting into, and I have some questions. Helpful answers will be greatly appreciated!
1. I have a set of headphones that use a 1/8 cable. If I buy a 1/8 to 1/4 TRS adapter, I can plug them into Traktor. Should I get a mono or stereo adapter? And can I do headphone cueing with Traktor's audio device alone?
2. What's "booth" and "main" on the back?
3. Does Traktor have beat snap on play? I know you can snap to a beat for cue, but if I click play, and I press it slightly off time, is there a function which will make it play exactly on time? I've been using the Traktor software demo, and the quantize function doesn't seem to work.
4. Are there any major differences between S2 and S4 that should make me consider getting S4? I have read the comparison chart, but I'd like to hear your opinions anyway!
1. if u buy adapter u got no problems.. I using it too.. but surely stereo or u get mono headphone output:) and yes u can do cueing.. u can set it up in traktor preferences like cue output set output of headphones and your all set.. but recheck this:))
2. s2 got booth? nice:D that's that monitors u got on stage and they giving sound only to you not to dancefloor that is main:)
3. sorry don't know
4. if u want to save money to future buy first s4.. it got two more decks and lets be realist.. who professional dj plays with two decks?