AIR Ignite?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nightflying60 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:02 am Could you please help me configure this midifile player to send midi to ignite?
Many thanks,
Didier
Hello Didier. When I saw your name, I immediately thought of FruityLoops. :clown:

If you are running Ignite on Windows, I believe I can help you to configure Midi Player to send MIDI data to Ignite.

For this quick tutorial, I am using loopMIDI for the virtual MIDI cable software. You will need to create a virtual MIDI port. It is named "loopMIDI Port 1" in this example.

In MidiPlayer, click the sprocket icon (highlighted in screenshot) to bring up the "Midi Device Settings" window. Be sure that "Use Bass VSTi..." and "use Midi Mapper" are both unchecked, and then select the virtual MIDI port you created in loopMIDI. Click the OK button to proceed.

Within Ignite, select an instrument and click the red record button (pointed to by the yellow arrow in the screenshot) to begin recording.

Back in Midi Player, select the MIDI file you wish to play into Ignite, and then click the Play button (pointed to by the yellow arrow in the screenshot). You should hear and see the MIDI notes being played into Ignite.

Note: It might be a good idea to make sure that the tempo in Ignite matches the tempo setting in Midi Player.

When the MIDI file has finished playing in Midi Player, you may click the stop button in Ignite to cease recording (pointed to by the yellow arrow in the screenshot).

In Ignite, there should now be a new MIDI clip containing the recorded MIDI notes which were played in by Midi Player. :party:

So that's the gist of how to do it.

Have fun! :wheee:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”