Public Beta 2: Everything u-he

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Adrian B wrote:Did the betas expire on March first? I was using ACE and Diva today, and though the message says "registered", they suddenly started doing the demo crackling noise.
No crackles here on Rev 1391 of ACE (Windows x64).

It's possible Urs has updated your serial for the new betas to deter illegal users. Simply login to the u-he support area and request your ACE and Diva keys to be e-mailed to you.

Once you get them compare them to what you have now -- if they're the same it might be a bug. If they're different use the new ones and it's highly likely the crackles will go away.

bmrzycki wrote: It's possible Urs has updated your serial for the new betas to deter illegal users.
Thanks for your reply! It's strange, but the problem seems to have gone away on its own. If it happens again, I'll try the steps you suggested.

Adrian B wrote:It's strange, but the problem seems to have gone away on its own. If it happens again, I'll try the steps you suggested.
I once had a demo version of an Uhbik running somewhere in my song, and thought the crackles came from my registered Diva because I had Diva's GUI up (and huge).

Just wanted to post here as well - build 1391 of ACE is causing issues with an old project which used ACE 1.1.1... basically build 1391 doesn't recall the correct parameters to be automated when I load the project, which is exactly the issue I was having with 1.1 and for which 1.1.1 was a fix.

Full details here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 03#5273603

Double answer for the double post:

Hi mustgrove,

thanx for that detailed report. I can reproduce it here. The only workaround that I see is to downgrade until we have a version with a fix for this, sorry.

Actually, as it turned out later last year, the culprit was a mishap in one unfortunate 1.0.x update - the fix we gave mustgroove never went official and wasn't ever posted in our downloads.

All he needs is the same com.u-he.Ace.publicparams.txt as his 1.1.1

The current beta of ACE has identical parameter setup as ACE 1.0, and the official 1.1 versions we had on the website.

Cheers,

Urs

delete-me
Last edited by phazedown on Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Urs wrote:Actually, as it turned out later last year, the culprit was a mishap in one unfortunate 1.0.x update - the fix we gave mustgroove never went official and wasn't ever posted in our downloads.

All he needs is the same com.u-he.Ace.publicparams.txt as his 1.1.1

The current beta of ACE has identical parameter setup as ACE 1.0, and the official 1.1 versions we had on the website.

Cheers,

Urs
Thanks man, much appreciated.

We'll start an investigation... we'll compare public parameters of all versions and see what has happened.

Fritz has prepared knowledge on how to change automation tracks quickly in any host.

I hope it won't be too difficult to "level" ACE now once and forever.

On a positive note: Our tools now give us a big warning during compile time if the parameter layout changes. That was a result of the 2011 hassle, but it may be possible that we got the wrong layout to start with :oops:

- Urs

Urs, while checking out automation parameters, any way you could check why renaming your plugin automation parameter names doesn't seem to work in Reaper?

EvilDragon wrote:Urs, while checking out automation parameters, any way you could check why renaming your plugin automation parameter names doesn't seem to work in Reaper?
Maybe they cache those parameters? Have you tried a rescan?

Yeah, tried everything, no workie. It's just whatever I rename the parameters to in com.u-he.Zebra2.publicparams.txt, Reaper still shows their default name. Example, I change the #LFOG to

1: main:#LFOG:"Active LFO G1" //main: Main Loop Circuit->Active LFO G1

And nothing. Reaper still shows that parameter as #LFOG everywhere.

Is there a panic button in Diva? I still get lots of hanging notes in 64bit Studio One 2.5. Probably because I have to use the built in qwerty keyboard. The only solution is to switch preset which kinda sucks.

And btw I'd love to see the rotary speaker as separate fx plugin. The one in Mach5 sucks and the new LX122 is bit too pricey.

There's GSi VB3 as the best Hammond/Leslie emulation out there. Quite cheap, and you get an FX version of the plugin too, so you can run audio through it. :)

EvilDragon wrote:There's GSi VB3 as the best Hammond/Leslie emulation out there. Quite cheap, and you get an FX version of the plugin too, so you can run audio through it. :)
VB3 sounds good but looks bad. And I only need the rotary speaker because I have everything else covered.

Return to “u-he”