Please allow me re-introduce myself

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Best of Playlist. Like the zappa new jazz kind of mayhem of Elk Grotta and Bower Pallid.
You certainly have alot of stuff here.

seismic1 wrote:Sometimes They Come Back (TV 1991)

I think the SoundCloud server(s) probably had a temporary outage.
LOL, never seen that Stephen King TV movie, myself. The synopsis sounds very strange.

As it turns out, it's neither SoundCloud nor KVR, but for no apparent reason IE 10 on Win8 has chosen to cease displaying the embedded players, but it works just fine in Chrome and Opera.

I had a bunch of this on my external drive, so I brought it back over to the main one for a refresher.

Yesterday I listened to and enjoyed these:
1. runagate - Merkin Fiberoptique (5:28)
2. runagate - Saul El Pax (3:12)
3. runagate - Fizgig (4:30)
4. runagate - New Timey Hollers (3:17)
5. runagate - Unveenly Spread (3:32)
6. runagate - Wingbeats Aflunter (1:06)
7. runagate - Orchestral Bits (1:22)
8. runagate - Wormhole Ridgewalker (1:20)
9. runagate - Carnivalorous (3:08)
Thanks.

Thanks, too, for the nice comments about Only Blue (especially on the recording). February got hectic and I never got back to that thread to say so.
No longer a moderator.

fateamenabletochange wrote:Best of Playlist. Like the zappa new jazz kind of mayhem of Elk Grotta and Bower Pallid.
You certainly have alot of stuff here.
I find it surprising every time somebody remarks on the amount of music I'd made over my "KVR years", given that you and other KVRian friends must have much more, though I didn't have the patience to upload all of it, having used up 2 soundcloud account's worth of space already.

I lovingly recall the insane amount of time it took to mouse into the piano roll all the syncopated trumpet in Grotta <3 It's Miles'Tone VSTi, of course... I wish he'd released Sax-O-Phunk in a polished form, but I still occasionally try to get the 3 beta versions of it I've managed to retain to work right with my Akai EWI.

f**k yeah! Your music leaves me as dizzy as it ever did. But is it a bit more structured than I remembered it? I remembered your music as mostly comprising highly detailed walls of twitchy noise (from pleasant walls, to horrible ones) but hearing all sorts of sides of you that I'd perhaps forgotten about over the years. I can't remember you partaking in free-jazz-like rhythmic mentalism...

I'm haven't been producing or indeed listening to very much music at all recently for various reasons, but gonna work my way through the rest of this lot when I feel up to it. Great stuff!

D.H. Miltz wrote:I had a bunch of this on my external drive, so I brought it back over to the main one for a refresher.

Yesterday I listened to and enjoyed these:
1. runagate - Merkin Fiberoptique (5:28)
2. runagate - Saul El Pax (3:12)
3. runagate - Fizgig (4:30)
4. runagate - New Timey Hollers (3:17)
5. runagate - Unveenly Spread (3:32)
6. runagate - Wingbeats Aflunter (1:06)
7. runagate - Orchestral Bits (1:22)
8. runagate - Wormhole Ridgewalker (1:20)
9. runagate - Carnivalorous (3:08)
Thanks.

Thanks, too, for the nice comments about Only Blue (especially on the recording). February got hectic and I never got back to that thread to say so.
I'll have to check that out. I've been wading through a "mess" of your recordings - but I have an admission to make: I don't recall your name at all from when I used to hang here, I think I certainly would have recalled your voice (in songs, I mean), and am especially baffled that some of those songs o' mine you list there are old and I'd have guessed only I have copies of them! Then again, I have quite the odd collection of KVRian's songs (some lost to hard drive failures over the years, others retained for 8 years somehow)... I think I even sang a bit on New Timey, I'll have to go listen to that.

I didn't post very much with singing (or at all) outside of the monthly contest for quite a while, so it's likely you never heard any.

As for the stuff I've got, the albums are Best of runagate 2004-2009 and Gun at Ear, and then KIBO Interferometer and the Laguna Rising remix of it.
No longer a moderator.

cron wrote:f**k yeah! Your music leaves me as dizzy as it ever did. But is it a bit more structured than I remembered it? I remembered your music as mostly comprising highly detailed walls of twitchy noise (from pleasant walls, to horrible ones) but hearing all sorts of sides of you that I'd perhaps forgotten about over the years. I can't remember you partaking in free-jazz-like rhythmic mentalism...

I'm haven't been producing or indeed listening to very much music at all recently for various reasons, but gonna work my way through the rest of this lot when I feel up to it. Great stuff!
Strange, I come from a free jazz background as much as anything else, got into the sequencers cuz they'd do what humans didn't - aside from all the fx I love, was a sound designer long before I had any such concept in my head :)

Thanks for listening, Holmes

Melodies, yes. There's something I'd like to express but I don't find the words actually. Something about narration.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

D.H. Miltz wrote:As for the stuff I've got, the albums are Best of runagate 2004-2009 and Gun at Ear, and then KIBO Interferometer and the Laguna Rising remix of it.
Oh, well that makes more sense. From the DL links on the site Justin keeps up for me :)

I feel bad I ain't had hardly any reason to come around here, except to check out music every once in a while, but at least you seem to be keeping the monthly contest flame alive. Notice a damned lot of my tracks are ~2:00, despite rarely trying to win the mofo ;) At least the Cafe's only 1/2 tarnce et al. nowadays hehe

Dunno that you'll respond here per se, but I'll try to find out if you've assembled an "album" - you seem old enough to still think in those terms, like I do

stanlea wrote:Melodies, yes.
Hmm? Good to see you, too; didn't expect it ->^+^<-

Return to “Music Cafe”