something new from NI

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Monark

my other modular synth is a bugbrand

It doesn't look like R6 to me. If the shots are really from the UI, it's weird -- it looks like a VA. Uhhh... Massive 2?
It's all about the wavelets. I dream of the perfect additive synthesis.
You can hire me if you are in Toronto! Contact for details.

Looks like hardware - an analogue synth, perhaps?

Edit: or not (should've read the article)

It sounds like Reaktor. But would they hype a new Reaktor synth like this? I feel like if it were Reaktor 6 there would be more than just synth examples, but maybe not. Could be Massive 2 I suppose.

schnapsglas wrote:It doesn't look like R6 to me.
look carefully between about 04 seconds. There something definitely looks like Reaktor Core boxes. Some of the other shots at around 06 seconds look like analogue signal diagrams. And 3D vector graphics all the way through.

Reaktor6 with SPICE-style circuit modelling and graphics? :lol:
Last edited by whyterabbyt on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the audio sounds very subtractive analogue... a bespoke analogue emu?

It's Massive2.

Several reasons:
- they've said it's not hardware,
- the big M at the start of the vid
- they were giving away Massive late last year (conveniently timed for upgrade options).
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:It's Massive2.

Several reasons:
- they were giving away Massive late last year (conveniently timed for upgrade options).
Interesting thought but the UI controls shown, whilst vector-drawn, are very 'vintage' in style, so quite different from Massive's existing flat style.
Plus at 20seconds there's a very obvious analogue-style triangle -to-pulse-width selector shown which would be somewhat at odds with Massive's wavetables.

Could be a VA, which NI dont already have; there's a hint of MiniMoog about the switches and knobs layout at one point.
Last edited by whyterabbyt on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yeah they also give Massive away with Maschine still. Massive is also the only synth not to have been updated yet and it's been some time. Would be cool. I also hope that the new product heralds the release of the next Komplete versions. There some new stuff they have that I'm hoping will make it into either the regular or suite version of Komplete.

Can't view the video as it's blocked at work but this is interesting - will definitely check it out later.
whyterabbyt wrote:At 20seconds there's a very obvious analogue-style traingle -to-pulse-width selector shown which would be somewhat at odds with Massive's wavetables.
That should rule out Massive unless there's a huge paradigm shift in the Massive design. Would be great if it is R6!

A new synth for Reaktor, like Razor.

whyterabbyt wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:It's Massive2.

Several reasons:
Interesting thought but the UI controls shown, whilst vector-drawn, are very 'vintage' in style, so quite different from Massives existing flat style. At 20seconds there's a very obvious analogue-style traingle -to-pulse-width selector shown which would be somewhat at odds with Massive's wavetables.
Ok then it's a beefed up VA called MANALOGUE :D
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

It would be disappointing if this is something new rather than an update. There, I've said it. NI have more than enough.

Maybe it will be Pro-54, who knows :lol:
It's all about the wavelets. I dream of the perfect additive synthesis.
You can hire me if you are in Toronto! Contact for details.

If you listen to the demos, they definitely have the digital Reaktor/Massive type sound.

EvilDragon wrote:A new synth for Reaktor, like Razor.
This is my guess. Really nice fat analogue-ish sounds, too.

Return to “Instruments”