something new from NI

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Monark

AnalogGuy1 wrote:Oh, B4 = BATTERY 4. That was mean. I'm waiting for a good 64 bit Hammond sim.
Dream on. I'll never understand why the excellent B4 was discontinued, but with NI at least, you'll have to make do with the sample based 'Classic Organs.'
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

I'm cool with that, if they had a decent Leslie sim. VB3's is excellent - it has the right amount of that raspy low-spin Leslie tweeter sound like on Oye Como Va, but with a live rig I don't want to compromise stability by bridging.

It's a shame IMO,
that they dropped the organ.
It sounds fantastic,
and the UI is something to behold

Is Monark still the best MiniMoog emu, or have something better surfaced in the meantime?

Still is IMHO.

Numanoid wrote:Is Monark still the best MiniMoog emu, or have something better surfaced in the meantime?
I think something better is coming :wink:

AnX wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Is Monark still the best MiniMoog emu, or have something better surfaced in the meantime?
From NI?

4damind wrote:
AnX wrote:
From NI?
Nope

AnX wrote:
4damind wrote:
AnX wrote:
From NI?
Nope
Synapse Audio...?

Mini V3, but I guess that was mainly a GUI change

I figure Monark will be closer anyway though, because it's modelled after a specific Minimoog D model. :P Pretty sure people will say that the new Model D won't sound as good as the old one. That's the way it goes generally, even if it does sound better. Old = better.

Numanoid wrote:Mini V3, but I guess that was mainly a GUI change
They improved the filter.

Interesting! So, Korg better concentrates on her own past (hardware synths like Polysix and Mono-Poly) unless the new minimoog is expensive.

I agree with Evil Dragon that Monark is still the best emulation for minimoog. I still like it more than the one in Diva slightly. The one in Diva is more versatile though. I'm happy to have both :D

EnGee wrote:
Interesting! So, Korg better concentrates on her own past (hardware synths like Polysix and Mono-Poly) unless the new minimoog is expensive.

I agree with Evil Dragon that Monark is still the best emulation for minimoog. I still like it more than the one in Diva slightly. The one in Diva is more versatile though. I'm happy to have both :D
Exactly. They complement eachother in a nice way, imho. I love diva for doing minimoog-esque pads, cause of it's poly capabilities.

Return to “Instruments”