eaReckon EARebound (multi-delay) updated to v1.1.0 (AAX, VST3, ..., New GUI)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EARebound

Just read it in cm! 9 out of ten! Well deserved!
Finally!

Yeah, congratulations! Really well deserved, this wonderful delay is going on all my tracks at the moment. After kind of ignoring it at the beginning, I've now begun to realize the beauty of the mod section (chorus/tremolo). There's some nice variations and timbres to be had there!

Many thanks for your messages!
The beauty of the mod section (chorus/tremolo)
I received some nice feedback about it :-)
Some users seem to use it alone (input line only - no delay lines involved) on vocals/guitars.

There are some fun things to do with it.
For example, you can activate multiple delay lines but set their delay time to 0 ("0x" + something or by using the "KNOB" option).
Then you can apply different types of modulation to each of them (Chorus + Tremolo or Chorus only with different settings) for a serious thick sound.
It can be up to 16 (lines) x 4 (Quad modulation on each line) = 64 lines of modulation :D
Of course, so many things may result in a "mash potatoes" kind of thing.

Here are some combinations to experiment with:

Thick "moving" sound:
- 2 lines: Chorus (large width / slow rate) + Tremolo (unsync = 0% / offset = 100% / Depth between 50% and 80%).
You can then increase delay times (just a bit) if you want.

Multiband chorus/tremolo:
- Activate some delay lines (delay time = 0) and use the "Filters" section to create "freq zones". You can now apply different mod settings to each zones (and eventually keep low frequencies unprocessed which is usually a good idea).
The "Multi-band Travel" preset (in "Special effects") is a basic example of it.

Early reflections (kind of):
- Activate some delay lines and set a very short delay time (but a different one) on each of them.
Progressively reduce the hi cut freq across delay lines and apply some (soft) modulation/pan settings as you wish. Send everything (except the input) in the global delay, etc...

Should you have missed it, the EARebound review by Computer Music is now accessible from Music Radar ;-)

http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/earebound-575557

Wow, this looks great. I love me some delay plugins, but most of my favorites have been free (except . This looks like an actual full-featured tool. I'm very tempted to add this to my collection.
noise and beats: Negutyv Xeiro do people actually click these?
gearlust: Roland JP-8000, too much/not enough eurorack
machinecode by: u-he, Bitwig, Fabfilter, NI, et al

Do it ;)
Finally!

This delay is so beautiful-sounding and unique. The price puts it just a notch above an"no-brainer" purchase for me at the moment. But I will buy it. Oh yes. I will...

I love this unique delay :)
I'm always using this with Microtonic.

Many thanks for your messages!

By the way, EARebound received another award! :party:

Here is the Future Music verdict:
"Pyrotechnic multi-tap trickery abounds with this superb, versatile delay plug-in"

PFozz wrote: By the way, EARebound received another award! :party:
Not surprising really.....as it is rather good.

Many thanks, ftech!

EARebound just received a third award!

Many thanks to Beat magazine for the great review and thanks again to everyone here for your support!

For those who may be interested, here is a demo of EARebound receiving a nice stream of automation messages :-)
Many thanks to Corbobilly for this insteresting video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIKqDBWWn8k

Hi everyone,

I received a very friendly email from Michel Sanchez some days ago and just wanted to share a part of what Michel recently posted on his Facebook page.

"I had the opportunity to work with EARebound which is a kind of “effect step sequencer” (delays, filters, modulation, saturation, pan).
Each step can have its effects set differently… but each step can also have a specific time value (1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1, …).
Just imagine the complex rhythms you can create from a single sound or a played impact.
The sound is of rare quality and I can only recommend this plug-in which has no equivalent."

Michel Sanchez (Deep Forest)
Grammy Award-winning Composer/Arranger/Producer
http://www.michelsanchez.com

Receiving such a kind message from Michel has been a real joy.
For those who missed his recent compositions and/or don't know about his current projects, please feel free to check his website and soundcloud page.
There are amazing things to discover over there, really...

http://soundcloud.com/michel-sanchez/th ... -paperbird
http://soundcloud.com/michel-sanchez/the-creature

All the best,
Philippe

I bought this plugin few days ago. It's really special. Great creative tool. Highly recommended.
It will be used on a lot of my upcoming mixes (from metal to pop). ;)

Cheers
Simon
www.studioevolucija.com

Return to “Effects”