Roadmap Changes :-)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maybe I asked something similar before... but can it (arp) send 'voltage' to other parameters besides pitch? Can the arp output be combined with the rest of modulation options? (Quantize, random, lag, etc.) Multiply with lfo etc.

sascha wrote:
K-Slash wrote: This is great, so finally a quality emulation of 3.75 IPS speed in a native plugin ?!
Erm... we're going down to 1.875 ips, if you don't mind :)
No way ?! This is awesome :D !
sascha wrote:
K-Slash wrote: Is it to be expected before Christmas ?
Should you be one of those early adopters stocking up yourself with chocolate Santas at the end of September, it's probably around Christmas for you ;)
Sorry, not a native english speaker.

Did you mean that it will be there before the end of the month ?!

I'm sold, I just bought it as I write ! Can't wait to get 1.1, and I hope you'll add note values on the GUI to the delay mode when synched.

spacecult wrote:Maybe I asked something similar before... but can it (arp) send 'voltage' to other parameters besides pitch? Can the arp output be combined with the rest of modulation options? (Quantize, random, lag, etc.) Multiply with lfo etc.

Not the arpeggiator - it really is all about playing chords as single notes, one by one, in (hopefully) interesting patterns.

Whatever we substitute the sequencer with will however also serve as a modulator. Clemens spent an hour on our Dark Times today. While not exactly suited for a plug-in, it's probably going to be a major source of inspiration.

so i think i might've predicted the release of the big Diva update right : xmas 2013.
that would mark the 2nd anniversary of this milestone softsynth and a nice xmas gift indeed.

Urs wrote:
spacecult wrote:Maybe I asked something similar before... but can it (arp) send 'voltage' to other parameters besides pitch? Can the arp output be combined with the rest of modulation options? (Quantize, random, lag, etc.) Multiply with lfo etc.

Not the arpeggiator - it really is all about playing chords as single notes, one by one, in (hopefully) interesting patterns.

Whatever we substitute the sequencer with will however also serve as a modulator. Clemens spent an hour on our Dark Times today. While not exactly suited for a plug-in, it's probably going to be a major source of inspiration.
Please don't drop the sequencer entirely. How about just a basic sequencer with note, pitch, gate...note selection from a graphic keyboard with the ability to change the transposition by keyboard controller while playing?.....maybe? :oops: :love: :)

richardb09 wrote:
Urs wrote:Whatever we substitute the sequencer with will however also serve as a modulator. Clemens spent an hour on our Dark Times today. While not exactly suited for a plug-in, it's probably going to be a major source of inspiration.
Please don't drop the sequencer entirely. How about just a basic sequencer with note, pitch, gate...note selection from a graphic keyboard with the ability to change the transposition by keyboard controller while playing?.....maybe? :oops: :love: :)
That's why I use the word "substitute" - we'll find something else that does the job. Key transposed sequences are the core of this.

Urs wrote:
richardb09 wrote:
Urs wrote:Whatever we substitute the sequencer with will however also serve as a modulator. Clemens spent an hour on our Dark Times today. While not exactly suited for a plug-in, it's probably going to be a major source of inspiration.
That's why I use the word "substitute" - we'll find something else that does the job. Key transposed sequences are the core of this.
Great. looking forward to what you guys come up with? :)

Urs wrote:
electro wrote:
Urs wrote:Everyone is working on Satin 1.1 and Clemens and I are making progress with AAX - big time.
What are the 1.1 changes besides bugfixing? Can the Ouput gain increase to -20/+20 db?
Sascha argues, -/+20 dB is too much for the output - it makes adjustments too coarse.
What about the ability to type input values directly?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Urs wrote:
richardb09 wrote:
Are the core of the problem? Or the core of which you are building everything on? :-o

Dunno where DIVA's sequencer was going, but I think I've seen where 'complex' goes with Numerology and Max4Live sequencers. It's powerful, but not in the immediate way DIVA is, so - sounds like a tough but sensible decision IMHO. (Still curious about the deluxe sequencer :lol: - I'm sure there are great ideas there)

My favorite immediate step-sequence-y thing is Uhbik-T actually. The grid doesn't just hold multiple patterns, but can lead to related patterns generated while playing through, and ends up very musical. For actual MIDI sequencing, I really like Monolake's PX-18 ( page ) which, in a very different way with a 'bar' parameter that mutes a step during some plays of the pattern, also is more about evolving variations during play-through. (PX-18 lacks a lot of polish and a few features, but it's productive ... at least fun :oops:).

Both also have some sense of a macro control of gating ... too many macro controls become less immediate, distract from perfectly good parameters that are already there, but time and maybe velocity are powerful and immediate enough to justify IMHO.

Obviously the bar is set high for DIVA (:love:) but a DIVA sequence, ju ne sais quoi, should be amazing.

richardb09 wrote:Are the core of the problem? Or the core of which you are building everything on? :-o
core feature :)

DavidEkl wrote:
nilhartman wrote:
Urs wrote: Clemens and I are toying with the idea of releasing a current build as preview/beta *without* sequencer. The idea is to release something while we're still fixing a few issues and gui in the background. The final V1.3 would of course have the seqeuncer put back in.
Or you could release it as 1.3 without the sequencer, and as 1.4 when it's ready ? Or 1.25 then 1.3, I don't know which criterias determine your version nomenclature.
IMO the new osc and filters alone are already a great update/add-on : I'd already be extremely happy to play with the new components !
Seconded. I want to play with the new osc, and a new osc really feels like a 1.3, and then the new sequencer another up, like 1.4 atleast, but 1.5 / 2.0 would be justified as it is a significant feature affecting the whole thing :)
I would third this... although a sequencer sounds nice it is (in my opinion at least) not worth holding up a release with the new osc/filter for... especially as it sounds like the sequencer concept needs an overhaul.

Just my 1c. :)

xh3rv wrote:My favorite immediate step-sequence-y thing is Uhbik-T actually. The grid doesn't just hold multiple patterns, but can lead to related patterns generated while playing through, and ends up very musical. For actual MIDI sequencing, I really like Monolake's PX-18 ( page ) which, in a very different way with a 'bar' parameter that mutes a step during some plays of the pattern, also is more about evolving variations during play-through. (PX-18 lacks a lot of polish and a few features, but it's productive ... at least fun :oops:).
I've been looking for a 64bit Analog Style MIDI Step Sequencer
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

taoyoyo wrote:
DavidEkl wrote:
nilhartman wrote:
Urs wrote: Clemens and I are toying with the idea of releasing a current build as preview/beta *without* sequencer. The idea is to release something while we're still fixing a few issues and gui in the background. The final V1.3 would of course have the seqeuncer put back in.
Or you could release it as 1.3 without the sequencer, and as 1.4 when it's ready ? Or 1.25 then 1.3, I don't know which criterias determine your version nomenclature.
IMO the new osc and filters alone are already a great update/add-on : I'd already be extremely happy to play with the new components !
Seconded. I want to play with the new osc, and a new osc really feels like a 1.3, and then the new sequencer another up, like 1.4 atleast, but 1.5 / 2.0 would be justified as it is a significant feature affecting the whole thing :)
I would third this... although a sequencer sounds nice it is (in my opinion at least) not worth holding up a release with the new osc/filter for... especially as it sounds like the sequencer concept needs an overhaul.

I shall fourth this, I'm dying to try the new oscs and filter!

virtualmark wrote:
taoyoyo wrote:
DavidEkl wrote:
nilhartman wrote:

I shall fourth this, I'm dying to try the new oscs and filter!
Me five, I'm more interest in oscillators than sequencers, personally. OTOH I have an eBay JP-8000 in the mail...

Return to “u-he”