* WARNING * - Do NOT install new iLok software!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dalor wrote:Where did you get this info from?

If this is a known issue, why haven't we received an email from iLok or any of these companies?
I am one of the (many) affected users - my Antares, Melodyne and SoundToys software is bricked!

The issue was discovered only a few hours ago.

Check gearslutz.com for additional information.

iLok does not communicate directly with customers.

Many of the affected companies are not yet aware of the issue.

An update:

• Flux licenses are also affected
Simon Morrison • Audio Architect • Mastering Engineer • Music Technologist
[ www.MorrisonStudios.com ]

I've never had to use an iLok for Melodyne.

Musical Gym wrote:I've never had to use an iLok for Melodyne.
Melodyne has two, mutually exclusive, authentication schemes: computer-based (up to two CPUs) and iLok.
Simon Morrison • Audio Architect • Mastering Engineer • Music Technologist
[ www.MorrisonStudios.com ]

:hug:

Wow, thanks for the heads up. Pace has some serious damage control to do! Wouldn't be surprised if someone tries to sue them for downtime.
Last edited by dalor on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sympathies for all those affected.

But I'm sorry, if you're on a deadline you don't go updating sh!t.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:Sympathies for all those affected.

:tu:

It's surprising how many people do, though ... !
... space is the place ...

Thanks for the hint !

Wow ! ILOK is the most amateurish companies in the business !
I always had to use the Firefox 3 Version to get my Licencies.
There was not able to make it work on newer versions since years.

Mushy Mushy wrote:
^ This

I'm sure they will have all our licences on a backup drive or it's just a hitch in the new code. I'm going no where near it all my ilok plugins are working so no need to update their licence thing.

Just a little tip : Nobody needs to update their Ilok system, unless/until a new product, or new product version requires it.

Until you eventually reached this point, all your instruments protected by Ilok will continue to work exactly like before afaik.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

What do I do in the meantime?
I have a few licenses i need to activate, including Sonnox! :(

My Xils plugs are elicenser tho (the less of the two evils) ;) and cos Cubase is also elicenser.
I just KNEW this iLok stuff would shaft me ONE day.

PLEASE DEVS, GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ILOK!!!!!!

sqigls wrote:What do I do in the meantime?
I have a few licenses i need to activate, including Sonnox! :(

My Xils plugs are elicenser tho (the less of the two evils) ;) and cos Cubase is also elicenser.
I just KNEW this iLok stuff would shaft me ONE day.

PLEASE DEVS, GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ILOK!!!!!!
Hi Sqigls,

I'd suggest just to wait and not install the new drivers until everything is fixed from Ilok side ( if the reported cases become certified by them )

I authorised my V+ a few weeks ago, and it works. Same with all other Xils plugs of course, you dont need to update your Ilok drivers if they are not too old.

Probably the same with your Sonnox item : If it was released long enough ago, its already in the database. So you dont need to update the drivers, just try to authorize your synths only by choosing the add licence item ( I dont know if the update of the drivers is automatic, so maybe someone can confirm this ??? ) . In case all of these licences are already activated, if it was me, I would not do anything, I would wait until everything is fixed and stable again.

Cheers, and good luck.

Edit Sorry misread your Xils are Elicencer so they will work, no problemo. Most of mine are too elicencer.

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Sympathies for all those affected.

:tu:

It's surprising how many people do, though ... !
iLok isn't giving you a choice though in this case if you've bought a new licence for a project - the only way to load it onto the iLok is through their new, borked system. I removed my iLok then logged in to see whether I'd be affected and it's not pretty if the "Temporary" flag next to Soundtoys in the account information is to be believed. I'm not syncing to find out for sure. Yet there is no warning on the site to let anyone know something is up. If you didn't know about Simon's threads here or on GS, you could quite easily get caught by this because it potentially affects a lot of plugins a working user might have.

It looks as though they've started out with a cluster**k and are working hard to make it the supernova of clusterf**ks.

This is why I f**king hate dongles.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”