Show Me Your Guitar Pedalboard (or talk about favourites/ give reviews/show your wish list)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yup, sadly he only did a couple of batches, 50 in all iirc.
i like putting my guitar through one of my delays, one channel into the bc and one straight to amp/desk, then getting the ebow involved. mixing the two channels as a single mono source for pads.
even more dreamy if i get the modular controlling the bugs filter. although perhaps a little excessive for a pedal board set up :lol:

delays, im a fan of the memory man from eh, but then im an eh fan :)

and i know ill probably get flack for this, but years ago i picked up a handful of behringer pedals, theyre plastic, but they cost around £10/12 each, so no big deal, the green echo looper is pretty frickin cool for that price. unfortunately for some reason the prices rocketed to 25/30 which due to the plastic id be far more wary of paying for a stomp :(

vurt wrote:
yup, sadly he only did a couple of batches, 50 in all iirc.
i like putting my guitar through one of my delays, one channel into the bc and one straight to amp/desk, then getting the ebow involved. mixing the two channels as a single mono source for pads.
even more dreamy if i get the modular controlling the bugs filter. although perhaps a little excessive for a pedal board set up :lol:

delays, im a fan of the memory man from eh, but then im an eh fan :)

and i know ill probably get flack for this, but years ago i picked up a handful of behringer pedals, theyre plastic, but they cost around £10/12 each, so no big deal, the green echo looper is pretty frickin cool for that price. unfortunately for some reason the prices rocketed to 25/30 which due to the plastic id be far more wary of paying for a stomp :(
TBH the pedals I'm looking at are in the $150+ range so plastic at $25 is worth the risk if it sounds good.

I'd love the memory man but the best price I found here so far was $495 :cry: . Memory Toy is a contender for basic delay though. I'm a bit caught between the "woh look at all those TC delays" option and a good solid simple quality delay like the Wampler of MXR. There ore many others though and it's just a matter of finding enough info to make a decision because there is little to no chance of demoing them around here.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Are these the ones? If they can be had for those prices I may be able to fill my pedal board and pick up preferred replacement along the way.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Category/St ... spx?s=G100

jeebus h corbett! nearly 500, dont get me wrong, i love the thing, but that is silly!

as for the behringer stuff, most of the other plastic ones i have are ok, but nothing id rave about, but the echo looper is definitely worth picking up if you see one.
to be honest, ive had mine a good few years now, and its still in one piece and im a bit of a heavy footed bastard, so i guess theyre sturdy enough :shrug:
they also did a few more rugged bits, i have the distortion and tube models, but never got round to the delay, although i did try one and liked it and i know a few people who have them with no regrets. bit more expensive than the plastic ones but not as expensive as some other pedals come in at.

and beleive me, you will never settle for one delay :hihi:

morelia wrote:Are these the ones? If they can be had for those prices I may be able to fill my pedal board and pick up preferred replacement along the way.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Category/St ... spx?s=G100
yeah, this is the one i was talking about
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/EM600.aspx
sorry echo machine, not echo looper.

the vintage time machine is the other i mentioned in my post above but couldnt remember the name.
i should get one of those myself soonish...

morelia wrote:Don't have yet - Noise Gate - Mooer Noise Killer or MXR Smartgate (That's if I find I want a gate)
The best gate I've found is the ISP Decimator G-String. If you want similar performance for much less money, get the Rocktron Guitar Silencer.
Don't have yet - Compression (not sure I need it so haven't looked at models)
Personally, it's one of my favorite pedals. I use a Boss Bass Compressor for really exaggerated, stingy compression and I use the Tone Bakery Key Lime Compressor I designed (basically a modded Ross/Keeley) for sweeter compression.
Don't have yet - Delay (must have) - TC Electronic Flashback, MXR Carbon Copy Analog, Wampler Faux Tape Echo (There are many other possibilities, EH, Mooer, Boss)

Don't have yet - Chorus (really want) - TC Electronic Corona Chorus looks good but I hope there are simpler/better/cheaper options

Don't have yet - Tremolo - Not sure I need this but options are Malekko Analog Tremolo

Don't have yet - Reverb Definitely will get but can wait. - Really the only one I like the sound of so far is the TC Hall of Fame. Other good options? EH Holy Grails are not to bad.

TC Electronic Ditto Looper
You could get a Flashback X4 and load chorus, tremolo, and reverb tone prints into its 4 extra user tone print slots. It already has a Ditto in it so that would solve the 5 pedals above.
Last edited by Uncle E on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

operandx wrote:Well I ditched the pedals and got a TC Nova System. Still attach a Bad Monkey which is a cheap TS clone. I never hung with the booteek tone snob crowd, I just wanted something that was good sound/value.
The Nova System's Nova Drive is quite good on its own, as well. Each one of the Nova pedals sounds great to me and so I was vexed to find the Nova System I tested to be a bit noisy. Is yours noisy?

morelia wrote:Starting to realise I have stumbled into an abyss. How the hell do you decide on a pedal? I can't try them all! Seems like there is only 'the buy on faith/reviews' or 'test the limited supply in my local guitar shop'.
This is why you find so many people buying and selling pedals. It's not possible to find all the pedals in the world at a single place and it's not possible to find out what they really sound like until they're in your rig. I have pedals that I hated when I first tried them and eventually figured out how to tweak to fit right.

martygras wrote:It's bigger than most wah's so that's a negative in that it can take up too much real estate on the board.
The AMT Japanese Girl Wah is the size of a small Boss pedal.

vurt wrote:and i know ill probably get flack for this, but years ago i picked up a handful of behringer pedals, theyre plastic, but they cost around £10/12 each, so no big deal, the green echo looper is pretty frickin cool for that price. unfortunately for some reason the prices rocketed to 25/30 which due to the plastic id be far more wary of paying for a stomp :(
The Behringer VD-1 Vintage Distortion sounds to me like a Big Muff mixed with an overdrive. I actually prefer it over a real Big Muff when I'm not trying to cop a David Gilmour or Smashing Pumpkins sound. The Behringer VP-1 Vintage Phaser does that rad warble thing that previously only a real Small Stone could do. The Behringer PB100 Preamp Booster pedal has much more range on its EQ's than most booster pedals, which makes it quite flexible.
Last edited by Uncle E on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uncle E wrote:
morelia wrote:Don't have yet - Noise Gate - Mooer Noise Killer or MXR Smartgate (That's if I find I want a gate)
The best gate I've found is the ISP Decimator G-String. If you want similar performance for much less money, get the Rocktron Guitar Silencer.
Looks good but a bit pricey unfortunately. The Rocktron is more in the price range. Will look into that one.
Uncle E wrote:
Don't have yet - Compression (not sure I need it so haven't looked at models)
Personally, it's one of my favorite pedals. I use a Boss Bass Compressor for really exaggerated, stingy compression and I use the Tone Bakery Key Lime Compressor I designed (basically a modded Ross/Keeley) for sweeter compression.
The more I look into it the more I agree it is a must have. Will look for more info on the Tone Bakery gear.
Uncle E wrote:
Don't have yet - Delay (must have) - TC Electronic Flashback, MXR Carbon Copy Analog, Wampler Faux Tape Echo (There are many other possibilities, EH, Mooer, Boss)

Don't have yet - Chorus (really want) - TC Electronic Corona Chorus looks good but I hope there are simpler/better/cheaper options

Don't have yet - Tremolo - Not sure I need this but options are Malekko Analog Tremolo

Don't have yet - Reverb Definitely will get but can wait. - Really the only one I like the sound of so far is the TC Hall of Fame. Other good options? EH Holy Grails are not to bad.

TC Electronic Ditto Looper
You could get a Flashback X4 and load chorus, tremolo, and reverb tone prints into its 4 extra user tone print slots. It already has a Ditto in it so that would solve the 5 pedals above.
Good idea but too late. I just bought a Ditto Looper from you. :wink:

I really like my Ibanez LF-7, Danelectro Tuna Melt tremolo and BLT Slap Echo, especially for lap steel. The Tuna Melt does wonders for acoustic strumming.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

I'm in Australia. Anyone know the best (i.e. cheapest) place to buy pedals?

expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

I've been playing for a long time now. I've had various multi FX boxes in one form or another and there has always been something I don't like. I feel like the best way for me is to go with different bits of gear for each pedal. Easier to change a pedal if something doesn't suit. I just wish I had a spare 1k to play try that pedal.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”