Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Breeze wrote:
Ingonator wrote:Did you notice any problem with the Windows version and the patches too? Did not notice problems here.
Nope. It's fine on Windows.
As just mentioned in the update to my last post maybe the various sources of single patch files (available for all patches) could be helpful. Is it possible to load the fxp files (e.g. in the "all single patches" folder or the sub folder at the "sorted by category" folder) in Reaper at OSX?

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

hibrasil wrote:the presets are .fxp so you can load them in inside a VST2 host. I changed the plug id, which could be an issue. 2Dat had left it as the JUCE default. When i have a bit of time i'll see if i can convert the presets to .aupreset for the audiounit version.
VST presets working in Reaper (didn't' see the VST build at first in my eagerness to try it out). What's the trick to convert to AU?

BTW, on a more sobering note, the Obxd sounds significantly more muted and dull on OS X than it does on PC. Use the default patch and open the filter all the way to compare. Teething pains. :shrug:

Breeze wrote:
hibrasil wrote:the presets are .fxp so you can load them in inside a VST2 host. I changed the plug id, which could be an issue. 2Dat had left it as the JUCE default. When i have a bit of time i'll see if i can convert the presets to .aupreset for the audiounit version.
VST presets working in Reaper (didn't' see the VST build at first in my eagerness to try it out). What's the trick to convert to AU?

BTW, on a more sobering note, the Obxd sounds significantly more muted and dull on OS X than it does on PC. Use the default patch and open the filter all the way to compare. Teething pains. :shrug:
There is no trick I'm aware. When I did that for U-No-602, I had to recreate my entire bank manually (opening in Reaper both the AU and the VST version, and copying parameters).
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:There is no trick I'm aware. When I did that for U-No-602, I had to recreate my entire bank manually (opening in Reaper both the AU and the VST version, and copying parameters).
That's crazy! :o

But since Oli offered, maybe he built himself a converter for his own work somewhere along the way...

hey... nearly done it using loomers script... don't anyone else start!

OK here you go. i tried a few and they seemed to work

http://www.olilarkin.co.uk/downloads/Ob ... resets.zip

hibrasil wrote:OK here you go. i tried a few and they seemed to work

http://www.olilarkin.co.uk/downloads/Ob ... resets.zip
sorry if this is stupid but where do I put these?
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

i put them here

/Users/oli/Library/Audio/Presets/Datsounds/Obxd/

Just to backtrack a bit... one thing that sounds really nice on a lot of the Obxd's brighter sounds (on the PC for now!) is the SoundToys little microshift. If you happen to have it, try it. The Plug&Mix Dimension 3D is similar but not as smooth. I'm debating if I should upgrade to the full microshift, since this sounds so good...

Hmmm... I think that the KVR Community patches shouldn't be included directly in the zip file of the application. Because it will leave the people perplexed when they have to compare and to decide what to keep and what to reject between both. See what I see yet with the first time I want to include the KVR Community bank to the folders (here simply the zip files):
(both downloaded one hour ago)

For many people it will be a mess... don't you think so? Because they will have to check out ALL the files !

My opinion is that the KVR Community patches shouldn't be included directly in the zip file of the application but provided in addition by a second link (explicitly of course). Thus the updates of the patches will never leave people perplexed... but also it will be not necessary to keep them in the zip file of each release of the application.

And worse: that actual situation could lead to a destruction of some home-retouched patches by overwriting them when updating the application !
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

I think now that we have a home for the Obxd, anyone can just add their own banks on the KVR Obxd page. I think we all appreciate what Ingo's been doing (shut up, Kriminal!...) to help put the initial archive together, but in the longer term it makes more sense for people to just post their personal banks on the Obxd page. It also allows patch creators to update their own banks themselves.

Mine's due for another once-over soon... ;)

Yes. The danger is to keep the patches included in the application. It is the only source of the hazards I have evoked. But it is a big, big, big danger for someone being unaware or tired in the middle of the night or... beginner in the management of his patches.

All these dangers can be totally taken away simply by removing the patches from even this first release. And it avoids this problem that can occur... even simply by a reinstallation of this first release.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Now that I've downloaded the version available from the KVR database (dumping the old one from my plug-in folder), Reaper isn't finding OBXD.
When I first ran Reaper after putting in the new folder downloaded from the OBDX wordpress site, I got a warning that the obdx.dll was not a proper windows image or some such...
I took it out, downloaded again, placed it yet again in my plug-in folder, had Reaper clear it's cache and rescan.. still doesn't see it.
Everything was fine with earlier versions.
(on 32 bit Reaper and XP sp3)

Also, why are there two obdx.dlls in the folder (besides the 64bit)?
"The last man on earth doesn't miss anyone at all." - Haujobb, Faith In Chaos

I see...

In the root in the zip file, the Obxd.dll is the same as the one in the subfolder Obxd64. So it is just a dup file of the 64 bit one. A little dup file to remove from the root of the zip file because it has been inserted inadvertently.

In your Reaper, which one have you installed ? The good one is the one which is in the subfolder Obxd (with the length 3.619.840).

Return to “Instruments”