The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

No, for 800$+ I would not buy it.
Hardly anybody would.
And I'm pretty sure they know it too ;-)

Live Suite plays in a different ballpark for several reasons.

As for switching hosts:
I expect that Live will fade out over time for me if Bitwig develops as I expect it to.
I probably keep my Live version 8 around though for some time to come but I don't plan to update anymore.
Studio One will be a keeper, since it fills a different slot, but who knows what time will bring.

I personally don't see any need for such hard either/or decisions. I'm sure many people will try out the demo, for some it will work right away, on some it will grow over time and for others it will not do anything or only with later versions.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

For one thing, if you check out the feature comparison of the different Live versions you can see how much extra crap is in suite. Bitwig is much closer to standard.

https://www.ableton.com/en/live/feature-comparison/

IMHO, even 400-500$ it's a little pricey...
FL Studio Producer Edition costs 199$, and it's a very capable DAW...
IMO Bitwig should cost ~200$.

Years ago, DV24/7 had it actually listed at about 400£

I'd guess that is about right.

Dats sum pricey Kitty Litter right chair ...

Regnas wrote:Ableton Live suite costs 749$...
I think Bitwig will be on the same boat. Don't you yhink?
Nope... Bitwig is new and needs to attract users. Live has a large established userbase.

Live Suite also has a wide range of included stuff that it is unlikely Bitwig will match.

I expect Bitwig will be closer to Live Standard which is list price $449

So my guess is that Bitwig will sell for $399... and have an early adopter discount.

I will buy BWS as 'soon' as it is released. I mean, I'm not sure I will buy it.

tooneba wrote:I will buy BWS as 'soon' as it is released. I mean, I'm not sure I will buy it.
:hihi:

The transition I made from Cubase was rough because while I liked Lives work flow better, it was still a bit immature for me (this was around live 6-8).

I suspect I will like Bitwig, but there are some M4L devices that I don't think I can turn my back on just yet and I'm not willing to let go of Push at all.

If most of the Push functionality carries over to Bitwig and the modular system gives me the things I like from Max4live I wont hesitate to make the transition.

What will probably happen is I will try the 1.0 demo, like it (but I expect it to be buggy) but not make the transition until BW 2.0 (with less bugs + modular system) unless there is some kind of early adopter discount that I cant pass up.

Yeah, I just bought push so I'm "all in" with live :hihi:

I really really hope it supports push. A categorical "no" on that would be one of the few things that would make me hesitate. I don't think I will be buying one right now but it looks like a good option for the future.

Congrats, hibidy, it looks like fun.

Ogopogo wrote:I really really hope it supports push. A categorical "no" on that would be one of the few things that would make me hesitate. I don't think I will be buying one right now but it looks like a good option for the future.
I think there is zero chance that Abelton will allow a competing software vendor access to proprietary stuff like the protocols for Push. It is designed to tie users to the company as much as anything.
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

Ogopogo wrote:I really really hope it supports push. A categorical "no" on that would be one of the few things that would make me hesitate. I don't think I will be buying one right now but it looks like a good option for the future.

Congrats, hibidy, it looks like fun.
If it DOES integrate with push (which I think they are looking at) then I've got a 7.12% chance of still being interested :hihi:

Yeah, @push, thanks. It's been a blast.

egbert wrote:
I think there is zero chance that Abelton will allow a competing software vendor access to proprietary stuff like the protocols for Push. It is designed to tie users to the company as much as anything.
There is at least ONE viddy with them using push. I think that it's not out of the real of possibility that they will code accordingly.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”