The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Needs more catlove. :D

Don't wanna ruin the catmosphere but release Bitwig finally!!!!!

Awwwwwwwww!

'catmosphere'

Classic terminology !

more cat love

if they do not release it soon, i will call battlecat :evil: :lol:

Hell YEs!! 80's He-Man FTW!!!

Suloo wrote:Image
Fake! Would have shaved his whiskers off!

Nothing new in this thread. Betawig still beta and lets just say alot of cats :wink:

Fun Fact:
On google search on: "Betawig"

See even google knows.

^I was excited thinking that could have been another demo video for a second, but not exactly :hihi:.

Last edited by Ogopogo on Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Repost from the temporary Thread for those who missed it:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, a good new year 2014 to all of you!
May there be plenty of cats in your year ;-)

Well, as was said before, Beta 9 is mostly about bugfixes and finetuning, so it's not as exciting to report on as the previous ones with new shiny tools. ;-)

As for the drums: the small E-Drum Modules aren't really meant to produce realistic drums, they are single purpose synths made to be used in the DrumMachine Device mostly, so they are lightweight and easy to use. With that said, you may be able to create something realistic sounding with them anyway, but that isn't the main idea IMHO.

And yes, there are realistic (and to my ear great sounding) drum samples included in BWS. But since drums are a kind of religion to some and I'm not into religions, I leave it to the release and everybodys ears to come up with verdicts, praise or damnation ;-)

Something I found rather nice recently when testing some automation with clips, is, that you can see the clip automation as you can see it in the arrangement if you unfold the lanes:

In this case I was continuously automating the 8 snapshots in Alchemy in 3 instances via the _RemixX and RemixY parameters to make them go around in a kind of circle.

I have the "All" icon engaged to see all automated parameter lanes. By default you only see one parameter in the top lane which is selected automatically by what you move in the VST/Instrument-GUI (great to find parameter names).
The little pin behind the dropdown allows to prevent that automatism to happen and in that case you can either select what you want to work on from the dropdown or unpin, move a parameter, repin. Quite intuitive.

The little star in each lane allows to make that lane a favourite which is visible even if the "All" icon isn't engaged.

You can also see that I typed in "remi" in the VST parameter search to find the parameters - the cool thing is, that BMS saves what you type there so you get the same view the next time you open the project. Most other tools dismiss such stuff.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Any of you folks who will be in Anaheim for the NAMM show should definitely come to booth #5000 (right between hall C and D near the entrance). We will be sharing a booth with the Bitwig guys and we have some really cool stuff to show you. :)

Our booth is also right around the corner from the Moog, DSI and Elektron booths, so there is a lot of cool stuff to see all in the same area.

If any KVR people would like to meet up, let me know and I will try to find some time when I can step away from our booth. But judging from my experience last year, that may be tough. :lol:

Can anyone comment on how well Ableton´s Push works with the Bitwig beta?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”