VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank

bill45 wrote:
hibidy[quote] wrote:I have a ricky :shrug:
:D

It's good to see some of the "looks like progress" stuff instead of "god this is like bitwig!" :hihi:
Did you get the Scarbee Rick bass?[/quote]

yes sir :oops: But hey, I'll ABSOLUTELY be looking forward to this!

Got it's awesome!! Rick it's awesome!!!
Looking forward to st3 as well. I hope it's great sounding
easy to use instrument like halion sonic se.Think of getting HS2

^^^
HS2 is a contentious topic here in the UK - costing over £40 billion ;)
donato wrote:
bill45 wrote:I haven' had any problems with IK multimedia.
I trust Peter.
Then realize also you'll have a higher upgrade price if you bought it later. Or so they have claimed (after the vast majority of the fire-sales). Again, they can (and usually do) "change their minds" (which despite the pattern apparently isn't lying).
Can you post links to statements that support the above?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I'm sorry if this has been asked here before.

Will it be possible to load the patches of Miroslav/SampleMoog/SampleTron/SonicSynth into ST 3, to be able to use the bigger GUI and 64-bit support?

Novalis wrote:I'm sorry if this has been asked here before.

Will it be possible to load the patches of Miroslav/SampleMoog/SampleTron/SonicSynth into ST 3, to be able to use the bigger GUI and 64-bit support?

Oooooh good question. I've got a bunch of custom Combis I'd like to use in ST3. I'm sure I'll be making more with ST specific content but I'd still like to use my older ones..........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Arglebargle wrote:Congratulations, you've achieved what Kontakt did a decade ago. :hihi:
Yes, these are a series that a few like to take out of context and take little stabs. I'm fully OK with the prospect of you not buying it, and even with your enjoyment of taking a dump in the thread. Makes it more fun that way (though it is drawing some flies, unfortunately). Many will enjoy SampleTank 3 and it is not even attempting to be Kontakt - SampleTank has been and always will be its own unique self and we're pretty happy with that.
Actually I own numerous Sampletank products, like and have used it for the last decade, and am moderately interested in ST3. But I will also (gently) take the piss if I so feel inclined, for the same reason people make fun of Bitwig :-)

DarkStar wrote:^^^
HS2 is a contentious topic here in the UK - costing over £40 billion ;)
donato wrote:
bill45 wrote:I haven' had any problems with IK multimedia.
I trust Peter.
Then realize also you'll have a higher upgrade price if you bought it later. Or so they have claimed (after the vast majority of the fire-sales). Again, they can (and usually do) "change their minds" (which despite the pattern apparently isn't lying).
Can you post links to statements that support the above?
IK has stated the plan is to reward their longtime customers with a lower upgrade price as a "thank you." ...which, as I've stated before in this thread, seems quite reasonable. In fact, it makes perfect sense. Some that bought the *full collection* (!!) at $80 are upset that they might not get the cheaper upgrade price. Pardon my lack of sympathy.

At any rate, it's bizarre to complain about the upgrade prices until, well, we actually know them. What if it's $10 to upgrade for old users and $12 to upgrade for newer users?

Yep, you'd still hear complaints.

Anything short of paying us to download the bloated content files is a slap in the face.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Novalis wrote:I'm sorry if this has been asked here before.

Yes it will be able to read all previous IK VI libraries.
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

For the ones of us who thought sampletank 3 was gonna be released like 3 years ago,this is pretty damn exciting to hear all this news. So please the more news the better, I for one won't complain anymore, it's finally f**king here.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Saukar30 wrote:
HaganeSteel wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Arglebargle wrote:Congratulations, you've achieved what Kontakt did a decade ago. :hihi:
Yes, these are a series that a few like to take out of context and take little stabs. I'm fully OK with the prospect of you not buying it, and even with your enjoyment of taking a dump in the thread. Makes it more fun that way (though it is drawing some flies, unfortunately). Many will enjoy SampleTank 3 and it is not even attempting to be Kontakt - SampleTank has been and always will be its own unique self and we're pretty happy with that.
Yeah! SampleTank is putting Roland out of business, not Native Instruments.

... :hihi:

C'mon, Roland, don't let them take you down without a fight. Gogo XV5080 VST. :box:
For anybody who owns Sampletank (even people like me who bought it almost a decade ago), knows that in its initial carnation, the MAIN focus of the VST was the sounds that were provided. It was to be used as an alternative to the rack workstations like Roland XV5080, Yamaha MOTIF & Korg Triton Rack & so on. It still is that, but maybe not as fast as the rack romplers.

IK's main concern was usability not complexity. I have Kontakt & yes its MILES ahead of Sampletank in features & 3rd party sounds etc, but I still use Sampletank because of the depth of the sounds & ease of use. The Kontakt main library in my opinion may be more flexible, but sounds nowhere as "sweet" as Sampletank does. Not to mention, one doesn't need much to get Sampletank up & going & making music.

I have been one to rant & rave about updates as well too, but now their making a move. I wouldn't even expect ST3 to be the same as Kontakt. What I DO expect though is the same amount of ease of use with more up to date features (which Peter is already showing us). I'm just happy that they have something to put out...hopefully it'll come around tax time! :D
YUP.

I only figured this out recently too.

I'm gonna be a bit self-indulgent here. :hihi:

Back 5 years ago, when I was using Ravity and stuff, I always thought SampleTank was a sampler. I didn't pay much attention to it.

But in reality, it's much more like a Sound Canvas than even a XV5080.

It kills me that I don't know how to use it yet.

Roland sounds great, but even if they released a Fantom/XV VST, I don't think I'd use it over SampleTank. As much as it actually hurts me emotionally to say that. :hihi:

Roland sounds pretty lo-fi to me now, and it kills me that I think that, because I still feel Roland is my best tool for expressing myself.

But I believe I think that out of habit.

For 9 years, I've been thinking, "If I had Naoshi Mizuta's strings and brass..." And now I do, and I can't wait to use them.

But as I grew as a composer, I grew to avoid using the kinds of brass ensembles I wanted to use because Rolands simply couldn't do it. And now I have to relearn some things. I just can't use them or learn on this sound system.

But I'm getting Alesis monitors soon! Expensive ones. In about a week! :love:

Then I'll feel more comfortable using ST. Right now, what gets in my way is that I'm afraid to use Tone Control or EQs on the *horrible* PC speakers I'm currently using.

SJ_Digriz wrote:Anything short of paying us to download the bloated content files is a slap in the face.
How so? Unless purchased for what it may do in the future, SampleTank does and always has done exactly what we state it does and quite well for years. However, there is a time where those sounds (I think you must be confusing us with other companies if you think this will be some "bloated" set that stands on numbers instead of quality of the included sounds) can be improved and those that want to move forward using SampleTank as a go-to ROMpler/workstation will appreciate the finely-crafted sounds that are not filler like they may be used to. So I don't fault you for having the mindset of included sounds being filler, but this is not the case with SampleTank 3. And it had better not be anyway, since it has taken so damn long to get to this point, honestly!

I think the quality of what SampleTank 3 brings while retaining ease of use for even the most expressive performance/recording capabilities will be the real slap in the face.

I'm going to respond here, and I'm going to criticize SampleTank a bit again, so just bear with me.

I'm gonna try to explain why people feel the way they do, because I can perfectly see both sides of this argument, and you know, user feedback is better than user complaints. :hihi:

You're both right. SampleTank does have a lot less filler than other romplers I use.

But SampleTank is also bloated.

Observe:

Do you see all those string patches there?

There's very little variation between them, and they're all pretty unusable and poorly edited.

Even in the harpsichords - Harpsichord 2 has this strange programming on it that's supposed to sound like the release noise on a real harpsichord, but just makes it sound out of tune if you're playing faster passages. You can edit this (I just did!) but it's still another case of SampleTank putting its worst foot forward.

That said, there are two things here: First, it's hard to complain about when Miroslav is literally in a directory right above it.

Second, these sounds may be bloated and some of them poorly edited, but this is nowhere near as bloated and poorly edited as other romplers I've used.

So that tells me IK did know what they were doing, and do care, but maybe they were a bit inexperienced.

IK has that experience now, though.

I can't fault IK for mistakes they made 10 years ago. :shrug: That is, until I see them make those mistakes again. Time will tell, but I'm very optimistic because ST 2.5 is one of the highest quality romplers I've ever used.

I'd also like to point out that this problem I mentioned was also one of the things people criticized the Sound Canvases for. :lol:

Edit: Whee. I talk in a very redundant way. :hihi:

ObiK wrote:
Yes it will be able to read all previous IK VI libraries.
That's great news, thank you :)

But I'm getting Alesis monitors soon! Expensive ones.
There are expensive Alesis monitors? :o :hihi:

Novalis wrote:
But I'm getting Alesis monitors soon! Expensive ones.
There are expensive Alesis monitors? :o :hihi:
... :hihi: :drunk:

Return to “Instruments”