Waldorf Pulse 2: officially released (OS updated to v1.18)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Good review from sonicstate.

He agrees about the wasted space on LCD screen as well.

Waldorf really should change this.
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

They told, anywhere in this thread, they are working on it.

They told anywhere?

I don't understand this statement.

Did waldorf say somewhere that they will change it?
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

Thanks for posting that link to the Sonicstate review. Okay, so now I really want to get this one and I probably will at one point or another. It will be a really nice addition to my Waldorf collection! :)

I can see what was meant about the lcd comments. I suppose the designers wanted to make sure the preset number was easily readable first and foremost especially in a live situation or something? I'm surprised that none of the beta testers made any comments/complaints about it?

Perhaps it's something that could be addressed in a future update. Though I think I could probably live with it. When you compare it the display on the original Pulse it's still leagues better, lol.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

I know this sounds like a n00b question but bear with me. ;)
How do I connect the Pulse 2 in stereo?

I tried the following:
Connecting 2 mono cables to the left & right connection.
Result: Only the left socket outputs audio. Removing the left jack instantly makes the right socket output audio.

So it seems like the left output is a real stereo output (marked stereo) which terminates the right output (marked mono) and needs a stereo jack, weird but fair enough:

Connected a Y cable for stereo to dual mono.
Result: Audio on the left channel on my audio interface, nothing on the right channel.

Being rather experienced in connecting audio gear this kind of puts me in a dead spot. Any ideas on how to connect this thing in stereo? Or is my unit broken?

Panning functionality doesn't do anything as far as I can tell. Is this a bug?

acidfever wrote:I know this sounds like a n00b question but bear with me. ;)
How do I connect the Pulse 2 in stereo?

I tried the following:
Result: Only the left socket outputs audio. Removing the left jack instantly makes the right socket output audio.

So it seems like the left output is a real stereo output (marked stereo) which terminates the right output (marked mono) and needs a stereo jack, weird but fair enough:

Connected a Y cable for stereo to dual mono.
Result: Audio on the left channel on my audio interface, nothing on the right channel.

Being rather experienced in connecting audio gear this kind of puts me in a dead spot. Any ideas on how to connect this thing in stereo? Or is my unit broken?
Kind of a lame ass workaround, but what about a stereo Y cable from the headphone jack?

Aural Chaos wrote: Kind of a lame ass workaround, but what about a stereo Y cable from the headphone jack?
Stereo to dual mono Y cable on headphones socket works. Can anyone confirm the same behavior on their unit? I'm wondering if my unit is broken.

acidfever wrote: I tried the following:
Something isn't right with your connections or cables. I have the left and right outputs of my Pulse 2 connected via two mono cables (going into a stereo input of my mixer) and the sound is in stereo (heard when LFO panning is applied, for instance).
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

Gadget Fiend wrote:
acidfever wrote: I tried the following:
Something isn't right with your connections or cables. I have the left and right outputs of my Pulse 2 connected via two mono cables (going into a stereo input of my mixer) and the sound is in stereo (heard when LFO panning is applied, for instance).
Crap, I think my unit has a hardware issue then. I have tested with several cables and I never get any audio from the right output when the left output is connected.
Also tested with different inputs on my audio interface, same result.

When I pull the cable connected to the left/stereo connector out I instantly get audio on the right channel.

And here is another review just published which includes an interview with Pulse 2 creators... http://en.audiofanzine.com/analog-synth ... earts.html

If you have Pulse2 and use it with Ableton Live9 that has Max4Live, you probably want to buy this:
http://cycling74.com/project/waldorf-pulse-2-editor/

There's preset editor AND a M4L device which allows you to automate sound parameters from Live, just the same way as VST parameters. In others words things like filter sweeps according to drawn envelopes are easy to do.

sl1914 wrote:If you have Pulse2 and use it with Ableton Live9 that has Max4Live, you probably want to buy this:
http://cycling74.com/project/waldorf-pulse-2-editor/

There's preset editor AND a M4L device which allows you to automate sound parameters from Live, just the same way as VST parameters. In others words things like filter sweeps according to drawn envelopes are easy to do.
Synnys, the developer, has posted multiple times at this thread so the editor should be known by many people who posted in this thread.

BTW there was another update for the editor recently (v1.1):
http://filthyfilterz.com/

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Hi Guys, i got my pulse 2 some days ago, and i am new to analog synths. I hope someone here could help me please. I use the Waldorf Pulse 2 with a Midi-Keyboard through Line-In in my RME HDSPeAIO PCIe-Audiocard and Cubase 7.5.10 as my DAW. Is there a way to setup any effects as inserts, my plugins like a delay, arppegioator, compressor, etc... while i am playing ? My setup is an Audio Track for recording and Mono/Stereo Playback and the Midi-Track to send/recieve Midi/SysEx (SysEx+CC).
How can i get some effects/plugins in my playback signal-path while i am playing live ? or doesn't it work that way ? Please help me with this, any Tipps and Tricks would be great :)

Greets,
Oli

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”