Madrona Labs New Instrument "Kaivo"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kaivo

http://madronalabs.com/topics/2817-deci ... ak-preview

Just a heads up about this new instrument.
:borg:

Good news :)

I'm very frustrated. I'm going to be just a few blocks from the Decibel festival, but I'm going to be at a conference all weekend and won't get a chance to check it out.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

being a big fan of both aalto and physical modelling synths this has got me intrigued

I'm not actually surprised. The first demos of the Soundplane prototypes demonstrated physical modeling patches in Max/MSP. I'm looking forward to this one. Take my money, please!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Yay! :hyper:

Man! Really excited about this one. Any sound demos yet?

No, not yet, Randy said he will make sounddemo's and screenshots available after the Decibel festival. He's scheduled this Thursday (today), so expect them in the coming days.

Very exited about this as well!

http://decibel.hosted.panopto.com/Panop ... 23fe8e9a92

Here's a little presentation video. The developer talks about Kaivo from the 30 min mark on. It seems like in contrast to Chromaphone and other physical modelling synths I know of, this one is fed by a granulator. Sounds like an interesting idea, but unfortunately there's no sound examples in the video.

The interface resembles Aalto, but the engine seems a lot less conventional than Aaltos. I'm excited.

Wow - can't wait

Very nice... Even the "Green Room" sounds cool. I must go to that place. :hihi:

I love that this builds on the workflow found in Aalto.

Yes, but was a "2 minutes or less" intervention about kaivo sadly :-)
hope to have news quickly now !

nay-seven wrote:Yes, but was a "2 minutes or less" intervention about kaivo sadly :-)
hope to have news quickly now !
On their own forum it says they'll release more info after the weekend.

Wow, very interested in this one. I love Aalto and I love Physical Modeling, so.. :love:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

I'm excited to check this out -- I love Aalto and PM.
And MAYBE this will give Applied Acoustic Systems a kick in the pants towards releasing Tassman 5!

Return to “Instruments”