NI Kinetic Metal thoughts?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone purchase this Kontakt instrument yet? The demo sounds and description are certainly interesting, but as far as I can tell you cannot load your own samples or change them in the presets (just change the mi). Is this correct? That would certainly limit its usefulness.....

JC

Like a lot of folks, I got this email recently. While I'm sure this has its place in a well-stocked sample library, given the proliferation of the Heavyocity products, Sonicouture's catalog and others, I get the sinking feeling that we are running out of truly new things to sample.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:Like a lot of folks, I got this email recently. While I'm sure this has its place in a well-stocked sample library, given the proliferation of the Heavyocity products, Sonicouture's catalog and others, I get the sinking feeling that we are running out of truly new things to sample.
We need a cinematic instrument that uses flatulence samples next. :hihi:
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:
BERFAB wrote:Like a lot of folks, I got this email recently. While I'm sure this has its place in a well-stocked sample library, given the proliferation of the Heavyocity products, Sonicouture's catalog and others, I get the sinking feeling that we are running out of truly new things to sample.
Omniflat.dll :-o

I don't own it but I have the feeling this will be on a xmas list if it goes on sale :hihi:

I immediately could picture using those sounds but I'm back to having issues with kontakt in studio one. Sure, I could just use live, but I don't want to buy anything that I'm going to be limited with.

I bought it (with some help from a voucher).

There are a few truly great sounds and a lot of pretty decent noises but overall, it probably should have been trimmed down to a smaller package (1/3 to 1/2 of its size) and offered for $49 or $59 instead. I guess "9.7 gigs of samples! 800 presets!" (not actual numbers) excites some people, but realistically you're not going to use every one of these even if it's your job to make metallic noises in films or something.

The motion stuff was kind of a neat idea and it looks pretty in the UI, but it's useless for some sounds and somewhat interesting on others -- not really a major feature.

You can tweak individual mixes of elements in it but can't replace samples, at least not easily. Maybe you can dig into the scripts or something, I'm not a Kontakt power user so I don't know.

I bought it (with some help from a voucher).

There are a few truly great sounds and a lot of pretty decent noises but overall, it probably should have been trimmed down to a smaller package (1/3 to 1/2 of its size) and offered for $49 or $59 instead. I guess "9.7 gigs of samples! 800 presets!" or whatever excites some people, but realistically you're not going to use every one of these even if it's your job to make metallic noises in films or something.

The motion stuff was kind of a neat idea and it looks pretty in the UI, but it's useless for some sounds and somewhat interesting on others -- not really a major feature.

You can tweak individual mixes of elements in it but can't replace samples, at least not easily. Maybe you can dig into the scripts or something, I'm not a Kontakt power user so I don't know.

Oh, and here's something I threw together in about 30 minutes of playing it. Two presets, no additional FX, no real effort put into it.

https://soundcloud.com/fallsastar/kinmet30m

foosnark wrote:Oh, and here's something I threw together in about 30 minutes of playing it. Two presets, no additional FX, no real effort put into it.

https://soundcloud.com/fallsastar/kinmet30m
Better than NI's demos.

this looks pretty good to me. it may have to go on my birthday wish list. kind of reminds me of hollow suns cognosphere.
ImageImageImage

Looks good to me, but I think I'll wait until I can upgrade to Komplete 10 Ultimate. NI have released a number of other items that I'd like to get as well such as Scarbee Rickenbacker, Cuba, Session Horns and Abbey Road 50s Drummer, so I'll let them keep piling up for a while.

V0RT3X wrote:
Behold! the "human trumpet" instrument included in Soundiron's Antidrum 2!

It's all been done, I'm afraid. ;)

I have Jeremiah's Kore banks and they are excellent but I would have preferred this was made using Alchemy rather than Kontakt as like Kore you can create much less static sounds than you can with Kontakt.

I wouldn't have called anything about this particular set "static." :shrug:

aMUSEd wrote:I have Jeremiah's Kore banks and they are excellent but I would have preferred this was made using Alchemy rather than Kontakt as like Kore you can create much less static sounds than you can with Kontakt.
Well there is always Simon's Alchemy Metallurgy which is already one of the best soundbanks ever.

Return to “Instruments”