Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Spire

chk071 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:26 pm
VitaminD wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:19 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:58 pm
VitaminD wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:53 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:57 pm I can assure you that they are further developing the synth, as I had an exchange with the developers a few years ago, where v2 was already a topic.
I hope so. But just because you had a discussion with them years ago doesn't mean the same exchange is valid today.

The dev stated a VST3 version is coming almost a YEAR ago. Well here we are.. and still no VST3. And no update from the developer on the status of this.
I don't defend anyone "to the hilt". Stop exaggerating to the hilt.
I can quote to disprove that. :hihi:

You have 120 posts in here alone, many of which are defensive of either Reveal Sound's decisions or the Synth itself. You're Reveal Sounds' number one fan! :clap:
I wished I was as bored as you.
You have over 33,000 comments here in 12 years. That's averaging 7.5 a day.

chk071 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:26 pm And, I still don't defend anyone "to the hilt". Again, stop exaggerating.

This is typical KVR. Buncha spoiled (50 to 60 year old) kids who can't wait for their Christmas present and have no idea what hard work is.
Well...
chk071 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:09 pm I see. So you're Reveal Sound's boss now. :)

They said that it's coming. Nagging won't speed up development.
chk071 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:48 pm Good thing that they never ever gave a date then. ;)
chk071 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:44 pm
FakeNatty wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:15 pm is spire dead or something.
No.
chk071 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:40 pm Yes. Better abandon the plugin and never look back.
chk071 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:56 am Careful with end-users saying something is "abandonware". Only the developers know whether or not they want to keep developing it or not.

That said, I just don't see the point, if you can get the VST, and Reason supports VST.
chk071 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:03 am Surprised here. I never had any note hanging issues with Spire in Studio One or Cubase. U-he Repro on the other hand often hangs in Studio One... might have to do with the virtual MIDI keyboard in Studio One though. On the other hand, no other synth I have has such issues.

And that's just a quick sampling. Methinks thou dost protest too much.

Buddy, you're really bored. Go out sometimes. It helps a lot. Catch some Vitamin D. ;)

Why is this sub forum so dead. Is Spire on life support?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Spire VST3 has been released!
Windows 11 & macOS Ventura with native Apple Silicon support.
www.reveal-sound.com

Great!! 🥳

Hello, has the macOs support been fixed? It is instant crashing on m2 with bitwig and reason studio.

Jac459 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:28 am Hello, has the macOs support been fixed? It is instant crashing on m2 with bitwig and reason studio.
Hi!

We have no reports of launch issues on M2 processors.

Please describe the issue here:
https://www.reveal-sound.com/plug-ins/s ... e-base/321
Or contact support@reveal-sound.com directly.
Your problem may not be related to the processor or OS.

Thanks.

Wow now here is a surprise. VST3!!!

Seems to be working fine here. Windows 10, Cubase 12.

Initially Cubase just sat there frozen on initial loading of Spire VST3, so I killed the session in Task Manager.

After that I saw "Workspace index file error (11). Please rescan workspace." even after I click on the 'rescan' button at the bottom on subsequent Spire VST3 loads. I re-ran the installer and selected 'Repair' and tried again letting Cubase sit in it's "frozen" state, apparently it was scanning in Spire for presets. After some time it 'came back' and let me work. Upon reloading of my test project, Spire VST3 loads much quicker now.

So FYI on initial phase just be patient.

vega555 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:39 pm
Jac459 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:28 am Hello, has the macOs support been fixed? It is instant crashing on m2 with bitwig and reason studio.
Hi!

We have no reports of launch issues on M2 processors.

Please describe the issue here:
https://www.reveal-sound.com/plug-ins/s ... e-base/321
Or contact support@reveal-sound.com directly.
Your problem may not be related to the processor or OS.

Thanks.
Ok, sent a message to the support. Hope it will help.
Thanks.

Are the VST3 version and housekeeping for Mac the only changes in this version?

The change log would seem to indicate they are. In other words no changes or additions to the synth itself ?

I don't own a Mac and I usually don't use VST3 but i suppose it's a good thing there is now a VST3 version.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Jac459 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:32 pm Ok, sent a message to the support. Hope it will help.
Thanks.
Very impressed by your support guys ! Very reactive !
They answered immediately and propose me steps to solve my issue.
It is working now.
Thanks !

Spring sale with up to 30% off on Spire starts now!
www.reveal-sound.com

Spire plug-in has been updated to version 1.5.15 (build 5278):
* Fixes for preset manager interface glitches
* Fixes for ReSpire format files export
* VST3 improvements for RAM consumption
* Stability improvements
Downloads: www.reveal-sound.com/plug-ins/spire/downloads

Summer sale with 30% off starts now!

Spire Synthesizer 1.5.16 - build 5294 has been released with the following changelog for VST3:
* Fixes for stability in Cubase
* Fixes for FootPedal and Sustain functionality
* Fixes for microtuning with Scala decoding
* Fixes for Breath and Expression functionality
* Fixes for Aftertouch functionality
* Stability improvements & memory leaks fixes

Return to “Reveal Sound”