Spire: Feature requests

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Currently Spire VST3 is not usable for me with Ableton Live (for sure latest version, stable Windows Workstation)

I struggled a little bit because I have big projects, but then it was very clear:

Create a fresh project. Put Spire VST3 on a track. Create a clip. Now send some Midi CC -> Crash

Tested with Pitch Bend Modulation Wheel etc.

Workaround. Remove all Midi CC.

Because i have and will have a lot of modulations on my tracks, its not working for me.

If its working on your setups, then let me know please because that's one of my favorite plugins.

The VST3 seems to crash regularly - especially on Apple Silicon

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:44 pm The VST3 seems to crash regularly - especially on Apple Silicon
For me it crashes on m2 when trying to display the performance panel....
Went back to vst2... I need the performance panel....

Jac459 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:36 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:44 pm The VST3 seems to crash regularly - especially on Apple Silicon
Please make sure to update your VST3 to the latest build - 5270 and contact support@reveal-sound.com if you encounter any issues. Thanks!

vega555 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:21 am
Please make sure to update your VST3 to the latest build - 5270 and contact support@reveal-sound.com if you encounter any issues. Thanks!
I have - installed and it crashed almost straight away

Also it doesn't migrate projects etc from the VST2 version

Awesome, I didn't know there was a new build.

VST3 version (build 6265) is sometimes a bit buggy here (Cubase 12, Windows 10)... Spire does not show an updated version, so expect it to be the latest build?
Volume level sometimes 100% after inserting plugin. Cubase also crashed after I removed the VST3 version and inserted the VST2 version. I would not use it in projects at this point and stick with the VST2 version....

Jac459 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:26 am
Awesome, I didn't know there was a new build.
It indeed does work well now. Thanks Reveal Sound !

THX. I've updated to the latest build. Now it works very well within Ableton Live. Also the initialization is faster. Replaced round about 40 instances with Save preset -> Load Preset approach.

Working in Cubase, although I also use Spire within PluginGury Unify (multiple patches) and the VST3 version doesn't work in Unify, as in, no sounds play! Very weird, it's receiving data, but can't hear anything, if I load VST2 version, it's fine.
I have raised this with Unify support, would be good if anyone else has Unify to check if they are having the same issue please and report back here.
Unsure if this is a Unify problem or Spire, which is working fine in Cubase Pro 12.

Vst3 version is not seeing the favourited information I had done to all my banks with vst2 a few months ago.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:17 pm Vst3 version is not seeing the favourited information I had done to all my banks with vst2 a few months ago.
rsp
The VST2 and VST3 versions do not have shared favorites to avoid data integrity issues.

Wth...
So how do i transfer my vst2 favourites info for over 1600 presets to my vst3?

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Im running latest version of spire VST3(built 5270), plugin seems to be working alright, but preset loading is very very sluggish. VST2 version preset loading is instant. is there something i could do about it?

zvenx wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:25 pm Wth...
So how do i transfer my vst2 favourites info for over 1600 presets to my vst3?

rsp
email them and ask them this question, they will definitely help you
support@reveal-sound.com

Return to “Reveal Sound”