Spire: Problems and trouble shooting help

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Problems and trouble shooting help

As per my email discussions with you guys, I have found two bugs (as of Spire v1.0.6):

Computer Setup: Windows 8.1 (I have access to Dreamspark) with Cubase 6.5.5

* Opening the Spire interface on a track that uses Spire automation slows down the meters significantly in Cubase, especially on larger projects (video demonstration and test projects provided via email)
* Spire rarely but randomly crashes Cubase (crash logs sent via email)

Apart from those two problems, I think it's OK :)

I had massive graphical issues a while back in FL while using spire in an averagely CPU heavy project (was using 2 instances of Spire). For some reason the graphics would become VERY choppy, not respond to input and level meters on the mixer and main outs would freeze. The sound would be absolutely fine however. Ended up setting a fixed buffer for Spire and now all's well :D Just a tip in case you run into the same issue (i7 2600, Win x64 Ultimate).

Don't forget to hit "save now" on the settings page/tab once you've done this.

EDIT: Also seems to be a problem with threaded processing now and then. Disabling threaded processing (same page as the buffer editing above) solves random pops and click (and doesn't seem to affect CPU usage, stays as is).
Eternitysound VST Banks

soundpalace wrote:As per my email discussions with you guys, I have found two bugs (as of Spire v1.0.6):

* Opening the Spire interface on a track that uses Spire automation slows down the meters significantly in Cubase, especially on larger projects (video demonstration and test projects provided via email)

We have found and fixed some issues like you've described, and we are planning to release them in the next version.

I believe I have found a bug -- attempting to load a Patch Bank file when Single Preset menu option was selected causes crash to desktop. The opposite (selecting a single preset when Patch Bank menu option selected) behaves in the same manner.

Btw if you ever advertise in magazines you could have the slogan 'Get InSPIREd' :hihi:

VitaminD wrote:I believe I have found a bug -- attempting to load a Patch Bank file when Single Preset menu option was selected causes crash to desktop. The opposite (selecting a single preset when Patch Bank menu option selected) behaves in the same manner.
I am unable to test this on OSX as the option is greyed out.

sqigls wrote:
VitaminD wrote:I believe I have found a bug -- attempting to load a Patch Bank file when Single Preset menu option was selected causes crash to desktop. The opposite (selecting a single preset when Patch Bank menu option selected) behaves in the same manner.
I am unable to test this on OSX as the option is greyed out.
ok

I'm still having the issue though.

sound_dev wrote:
soundpalace wrote:As per my email discussions with you guys, I have found two bugs (as of Spire v1.0.6):

We have found and fixed some issues like you've described, and we are planning to release them in the next version.
Just wanted to let everyone know that these issues both appear to be fixed in v1.0.8 which was just released. Well done guys!! :)

Where do you install the presets on a mac?

small bug: v 1.0.8 Win, vst x86 version

resetting the osc fine parameter either via ctrl+click or double-click works but the GUI is showing the last value.

If trying to move the parameter again, it visually jumps to the actual value.

3ee wrote:small bug: v 1.0.8 Win, vst x86 version

resetting the osc fine parameter either via ctrl+click or double-click works but the GUI is showing the last value.

If trying to move the parameter again, it visually jumps to the actual value.
Confirmed here too on the VST2 x64 version in Cubase 6.5.5. The knob stays in its last position but the numeric value updates. I went ahead and tested every other knob on the plugin and can confirm that only the oscillator "fine" knob is affected.

Well spotted! :)

New bug as of yesterday in Logic X / Mavericks. A new instance of Spire shows Init0-InitX as presets, as if the initial factory isn't found or isn't loading. Usually Cricket Bass of whatever is shows up here along with Bank 1.

Phase47 wrote:New bug as of yesterday in Logic X / Mavericks. A new instance of Spire shows Init0-InitX as presets, as if the initial factory isn't found or isn't loading. Usually Cricket Bass of whatever is shows up here along with Bank 1.
Please, try reinstall Spire.

vega555 wrote:
Phase47 wrote:New bug as of yesterday in Logic X / Mavericks. A new instance of Spire shows Init0-InitX as presets, as if the initial factory isn't found or isn't loading. Usually Cricket Bass of whatever is shows up here along with Bank 1.
Please, try reinstall Spire.
Just tried and the installer no longer works w/ Mavericks? Says it's from an unidentified developer?

Return to “Reveal Sound”