Ambient guitar with standard drum and bass rock beat - Amplitube

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just messing around with the older Amplitube. The Amplitube3 gives me a phasing quality, probably because I am using a real amp (turned to 1) as a preamp. The original Amplitube does not as is great at lower volume.

http://compusouth.net/a/slush.mp3

Welcome back, Greg :)

Nice to hear some music from you again. This is a great piece for late-night listening (it's 1 AM here). It's got a very relaxed vibe. I like those reverbed backing chords. They work well with the lead.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:Welcome back, Greg :)

Nice to hear some music from you again. This is a great piece for late-night listening (it's 1 AM here). It's got a very relaxed vibe. I like those reverbed backing chords. They work well with the lead.

Thanks for listening, and I am about to scout out your page for new music.

Here is one more not so late night. I tried to emulate Zepplin's Rock & Roll as I hear it live. Came out o.k and a little comical.

http://compusouth.net/a/RR.mp3

Ok, so we got some late-night shredding here :) I really liked the guitar tone on this one. Have you changed your amp setup recently? The track definitely has a "live" feel. Are those BFD drums via that Yamaha trigger unit you had?

seismic1 wrote:Ok, so we got some late-night shredding here :) I really liked the guitar tone on this one. Have you changed your amp setup recently? The track definitely has a "live" feel. Are those BFD drums via that Yamaha trigger unit you had?

It is. I have always liked that song live, so I tried to EQ to sound as close as possible. The BFD is set for a more spacious sound than my normal EQ, and I turned my amp's eq down to basically nothing and used just amplitude. My guitar is tuned to D, and they use standard. While not Zep, there are a few moments that sound decent I think. And I was using the triggers. My biggest weakness is mixing, but this sounded better probably because I was trying to emulate someone else! Mine are too clean, closed and overdone.

Well the first one was pleasant! Really liked the guitar sound...the bass was just a little bit much for me.
The second kind of shocked me as I guess KVR auto plays the next .mp3 link...so I wasn't prepared for that kind of metal. It sounded fun though!

ntom wrote:Well the first one was pleasant! Really liked the guitar sound...the bass was just a little bit much for me.
The second kind of shocked me as I guess KVR auto plays the next .mp3 link...so I wasn't prepared for that kind of metal. It sounded fun though!
I forgot about the auto play..........

One the 1st song, you are right, the drums and bass are too in your face for the guitar part, I am going to fix that.

Thanks for the input.

I listened to the first link - nice!

You would like Lanterna.

rockstar_not wrote:I listened to the first link - nice!

You would like Lanterna.
Thanks for the tip and compliment, will check them out.

crimsontider wrote:
rockstar_not wrote:I listened to the first link - nice!

You would like Lanterna.
Thanks for the tip and compliment, will check them out.
seismic1 wrote:Welcome back, Greg :)

Just wanted to add that it's just one guitar part, not two. I made a backing track and just played over it. The delay is what probably makes it sound fuller than it really is.

Slush is really relaxing, all sounds really laid back. I enjoyed.

and RR, cool, what it is all about. Guitar does sound off to one side, some great licks.

fateamenabletochange wrote:Slush is really relaxing, all sounds really laid back. I enjoyed.

and RR, cool, what it is all about. Guitar does sound off to one side, some great licks.
I appreciate the listen and comments. Rock & Roll was my attempt to emulate the sound of a live Led Zeppelin version, and in hindsight put the guitar out on the side too much. Plus they are standard tuned and mine was drop d tuning, which makes a big difference. Kind of just a whimsical thing to do :)

Greg

Great relaxed vibe as mentioned by others... The guitar in slush slides in and out of consciousness beautifully. :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Allomerus wrote:Great relaxed vibe as mentioned by others... The guitar in slush slides in and out of consciousness beautifully. :)
I appreciate it. The notes come from years listening to post punk bands like The Cure and The Church.

Thanks again,
Greg

Return to “Music Cafe”